General Car Chat Talk about cars in general. All makes and models - strictly car discussion.

driven concepts...shut down? hasnt been opened in a week?

Old 08-07-2008, 04:54 PM
Boostaholic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by paul kersey
my exact thoughts.
i think it sucks that admins are posting about how shady ian is, but have allowed him to be an advertiser, thereby never allowing anyone to share bad experiences.
I have no control over advertising. If I had any control over advertising the shop's name would appear nowhere on the site, including a TR shop forum.

Mike - I know you are trying to do the best you can to help out as I have been in your same spot. None of my accusations are against you in any way regardless of whatever the hell the deal is between us. There is only so much you can do with the type of person that is running that business before it's worth giving up. Good luck with everything and I hope everything works out for the customers.

TURBO SERVICING & SALES | FUEL INJECTOR SERVICING
GARRETT - BORGWARNER - BULLSEYE - HOLSET - 3K
TiAL - TURBONETICS - FULLRACE - PRECISION
Shop Forum | FaceBook | Website | Online Store
Old 08-07-2008, 05:01 PM
TR Shop Mod

I hope everyone's sh*t does not start dis-appearing and then they say Oh its on the property owner not us....

Yall better up your insurance coverage now.
Old 08-07-2008, 05:09 PM
┌∩┐(◕_◕)┌∩┐

Originally Posted by manifoldmike
i'm sorry about the check, however do really think throwing it out there for the world to see is really going to do any good.

probably a couple phone calls and some patience might remedy your problem fairly quick.

im sure hes called more than a few times, you're customer service just happens to smell like bigfoots dick.

DO WORK SON
Old 08-07-2008, 05:15 PM
Boostaholic

thanks for the response. you know i try to usually stay out of this crap, but honestly, anything that is said here will most likely affect my career. i know you've had your fair share of problems with ian, me and a couple others, but it looks like your doing fine for yourself and your still doing great with your customers and cars.

i understand if you don't reccomend the shop, i would just appreciate a little courtesy before situations actually happen.

if this turns out for the worst, flame on, but until then (for everyone) it would be nice to keep the crap to a minimum.
Regardless of our situation I still respect you and your work. Alot of us can safely assume that you are the only reason the shop has lasted as long as it has. Hope all turns out well for you.

Kirk

Old 08-07-2008, 05:19 PM
lol @ tampa

i don't usually get in pissing matches online and its for the same reason my "therapy" comment came out. people take way to many things personal. how does my comment even relate to a business shutting down. i was mearly talking about an individual that had a bad transaction years ago with our company and is still making a personal war of it.

generally good people will let things go. so we screwed up and he didn't get what he paid for. so don't come back, sue us, whatever you have to do. i can understand a thread or two about the inncident within a couple weeks or even a month after, however years later on threads that have nothing to do with the customer and or the people that even work there is a little much.

its slander.
i'm not saying anything against you personally, but this is what customer service is all about. People are going to take things personally, because its their money, their belongings, earned with their own hard work. High performance cars is a business about passion; if people didn't love their cars and the hobby they wouldnt spend the money they do. Just as this is messing with your lively hood, that is messing with the result of their hard work. But you can't control how they act, all you can control is what comes out of your mouth and the quality of your work. If a customer is handled properly, you'll never hear about it most of the time. But an unhappy customer will tell at least 10 people, and with the internet, one unhappy customer will tell 1,000's. I don't think anyone expects perfection, but at least show effort. All these stories, I hear lots of stalling, or just indifference all together.

For the record, I have not had any problems in my dealings with DC. My only interest in this is that the community stays informed and your customers receive what is theirs.

|Full color business cards||flyers||postcards||more|
Old 08-07-2008, 05:21 PM
Boostaholic

Very well put John.

Old 08-07-2008, 05:56 PM
Offset-----Less is MORE!!

i'm sorry about the check, however do really think throwing it out there for the world to see is really going to do any good.

probably a couple phone calls and some patience might remedy your problem fairly quick.
1) your response should have stopped at I'm sorry!
2) Its not Your check its the company
3) Check Fraud is not anything I need to call about or ask please about. However, I have sent a PM to Ian and no response. Just be happy I haven't gone to the BBB yet.

If you really have issues with me getting screwed by your company and want to blame me then no wonder you guys are where your at in this.

Like I said,SEE POINT 1)

Don't forget that I am the same guy that loaned him $600 bucks of my own cash to help him out one night. Now he paid that back and that is not the issue, but the point is I am not here to Bash him or the shop, I am here because I have been screwed and you want to talk shit about me..check yourself.

Last edited by burgy240; 08-07-2008 at 05:58 PM.
Old 08-07-2008, 05:59 PM
Still Addicted to Boost

wow. well most people at dc or on these forums know me as"hksupra". i have only dealt with Ian(DC) on a few occasions.The 1st time i had a 93 240 coupe and i had ordered a S13 Silvia front end conversion. the price was fair for the most part,until i was told that i was not receiving the original fenders i had ordered and that i would need to go out and purchase a corner light and headlight bracket in which i had to call matt at enjuku. i was told and shown that i was receive a full s13 conversion. i think the last time i bought something from DC was roughly a year ago when i bought Kirks old enkei wheels that were from his supra and since i have known kirk for a while everything went fairly smoothly. i have dealt with many tampa shops over the last 5 years and although DC is not the worst, there have been some shady people involved. the only thing that ever bothered me was the story was different from day to day about something in which you never got the correct and truthful answer.
Old 08-07-2008, 06:16 PM
Offset-----Less is MORE!!

Mikey, you have email!
Old 08-07-2008, 06:27 PM
Mark G

Mike, if you really care about your work and pay, this should be an amazing sign for you to try and find a place that the general public, and former workers don't think are fucking people over.

If you, a worker at the shop, have to personally beg for the shop to not go under with a fucked up reputation, that's no good man. The owner should be on here explaining the true and full situation.

Again, I'm talking way over my head, and it's my complete personal opinion.. but that's what these forums are for.