General Car Chat Talk about cars in general. All makes and models - strictly car discussion.

driven concepts...shut down? hasnt been opened in a week?

Old 08-08-2008, 04:08 AM
Boostaholic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by idriveagst
I wasn't going to say anything but I had to. I once worked at Driven Concepts at one point in time. In the short period of time I worked there I experienced so much messed up stuff.
I saw them cover up an engine falling off a forklift and hitting an Infinity G35. The car was PAINTED and returned back to the customer with out there knowledge of the accident, yes Cory if you were wondering that was your mother’s car. I wanted to say something for a while to you about it.
And the creditors and customers who were calling for Ian, and I told you he wasn't there he was. 90% of my job was just lien to people who were wanting the money he owed them, and telling people he wasn't there. I once had to tell the IRS he wasn't there, and had to hang up on them as they proceeded to try to gather information on how I was getting paid and so forth.
Things were so shady there that the owner Ian would see and customer coming in on the cameras. And run and hide in the bathroom for over 30mins sometimes. Till I came and knocked on the door and told him they were gone. It was very sad and pathetic that he would not even face up and at least talk to them.
And as Mikes aka Manifoldmike he's a good guy. His welding very well don't bash him he just is in the company of a shady owner. And doesn't want a bad name when for him self he's trying to find a new job.
From myself working there for a little less than a year, this is what a day of working at DC is like on the dot!! Mike is defending his job.. and personally he has nothing to worry about because he does NOT need DC.... DC needs him. I will be the first to say that Ian is a COWARD and will hide his head in a hole whenever a problem arises, which explains why Mike and others have to cover for him. Anyone else that has worked there please prove my statement right or wrong. The root of 99.9% of the problems is the owner himself.

I find it funny that he is even avoiding the IRS..... Uncle Sam is no joke buddy!!!

TURBO SERVICING & SALES | FUEL INJECTOR SERVICING
GARRETT - BORGWARNER - BULLSEYE - HOLSET - 3K
TiAL - TURBONETICS - FULLRACE - PRECISION
Shop Forum | FaceBook | Website | Online Store
Old 08-08-2008, 04:11 AM
Boostaholic

Originally Posted by pimpjames
What timeframe were you employed and does my car look familiar?... I'd like to hear some more stories on it.
Like employees taking your car out for joy ride? Keys going around shop employees like it was candy? Painter running a razor through your whole car? Or maybe the part where you told the shop OWNER that the car was untuned and was promised to treat it like his own..... do you know how he treats his own cars? Well thats how yours was treated. I remember your car going out for breakfast runs to mcdonalds, etc...Glad nothing seriously was damaged on your car and you received it in working order. I wouldn't blame the employees on this one as much as I would blame the person you left in charge and TRUSTED. Not 1 person was told that the car was untuned.

TURBO SERVICING & SALES | FUEL INJECTOR SERVICING
GARRETT - BORGWARNER - BULLSEYE - HOLSET - 3K
TiAL - TURBONETICS - FULLRACE - PRECISION
Shop Forum | FaceBook | Website | Online Store
Old 08-08-2008, 04:12 AM
death

bingo!!^

and pot head......
Old 08-08-2008, 04:14 AM
death

he's lucky he never got his ass destroyed!
Old 08-08-2008, 04:18 AM
madpom

Originally Posted by SC400TT
The point was, everybody seems to be an expert that is blasting DC. Just lay off and let us see what happens.
your an 07 you know o% about this guys history
'lets see what happens' is were people start losing money

landlords don't walk in one day and close up shop to renew a lease
Old 08-08-2008, 04:28 AM
Banned

this is starting to get real interesting...
Old 08-08-2008, 04:33 AM

shit 02-13-2008, 10:56 PM SpottedMango vbmenu_register("postmenu_", true);
Driven Concepts, Tampa FL

Car: 03 M45, 98 GS300, 94 Supra, 04 Silverado SS, 05 GSXR1000, 01 TL1000R, 04 GSXR600, a few more
My TRGarage

TRader Rating: (81)
: 403593948

Don't talk shit
If you have something to say, say it to my face. Rip people off? I fucking got ripped off, my bathroom not done, my paint work not completed. Grow the fuck up, stop acting like the rest of these kids on the forums.

ian u r a loser

10.6@136 k20
ALPHA TUNING For all of your tuning needs 7275051423 Induction Performance

BUILT BY KJ

Last edited by flaco0018; 08-08-2008 at 04:50 AM.
Old 08-08-2008, 04:47 AM
42 72 69 6e 67 20 69 74

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by Kirk
Like employees taking your car out for joy ride? Keys going around shop employees like it was candy? Painter running a razor through your whole car? Or maybe the part where you told the shop OWNER that the car was untuned and was promised to treat it like his own..... do you know how he treats his own cars? Well thats how yours was treated. I remember your car going out for breakfast runs to mcdonalds, etc...Glad nothing seriously was damaged on your car and you received it in working order. I wouldn't blame the employees on this one as much as I would blame the person you left in charge and TRUSTED. Not 1 person was told that the car was untuned.

That would be it!!!! Thanks again Kirk for bringing this out. I had complete trust in him from the way he presented himself to me and am furious right now from being betrayed. Since it has been stated I will let everyone know the situation:

Like a few others on the board. I left them my car to work on because I was deploying to Iraq and Afghanistan. I was assured the car would be taken care of and treated as his own. I do not recall needing any test runs or performance comparisons done when I dropped it off because RevExtreme was in charge of that when the car was done with the body work.

It was supposed to be dropped off as it was untuned and still having the finishing mods put in. I was notified by Ian that an employee took a razor to it after getting frustrated with them and was assured it would be fixed.

I picked the car up from Revextreme when I came back almost a year later and let them know there were a few discrepancies that needed to be fixed on the "Baller Package" paint job. Took it back in and they fixed most of it and I am pleased with the paint job and work that was performed on it regardless of whoever did it. What I am not pleased with is that my car, that has cost me $58K+ so far, was whored out......

I don't remember handing the keys to a Hertz company... it was supposed to be a Body shop. I am not sure what driving needed to be involved besides moving it around the bay to the paint booth.

I am going to the gym, eat some lunch, and hope there is an explanation with what I wrote being quoted by the owner........
Old 08-08-2008, 05:18 AM
infraction king

i remember seeing the vette right after it was cut up by the employee... very sad to see

98 E36 ///M3 Sedan
07 Civic Si Sedan
Old 08-08-2008, 06:10 AM
is a legend.

i always thought DC was a good company but i guess not.