General Car Chat Talk about cars in general. All makes and models - strictly car discussion.

driven concepts...shut down? hasnt been opened in a week?

Old 08-10-2008, 10:08 PM
Driven Concepts

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by The Kyle
There's no cure for being a douche.
dude please.

your roomate caught you sniffing your female roomates underwear while she was at VIR with her boyfreind.

weak.
Old 08-10-2008, 10:09 PM
S/C'ed C/F Connoisseur

who is the big guy (white) that workes there at the front desk. he always seemed decently helpful (even if it did take 2 weeks for a damn set of wheel studs and 3 trips for install). i am happy after reading through this thread that i didnt leave my car there overnight or have the engine work done there that I was planning. i am also curious about the people who have cars locked up. are they still there or did you get them out?

Old 08-10-2008, 10:11 PM
OG MUDBONE 240sx

thank you TR, you have just made my week. LOLOLOl
sniffing underwear is the best!

Old 08-10-2008, 10:17 PM
Wide Open and Sideways!

This really sucks! Don't know if any of you are familiar with Doug Chuchian *sp but he had several shops here in Ocala and he basically had the same thing going on here. I know he moved to work for some other shop but I am not sure if it was in Tampa or Orlando.
Old 08-10-2008, 10:35 PM

Originally Posted by TampasOriginalSoarer
Of course she is still with him, thats her meal ticket.
HAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH Im sorry but this is especially funny to me.
My Website: www.powersimagery.com
My Job: Vegas Magazine | Retna LTD | Tao/Lavo/Marquee Las Vegas
Old 08-10-2008, 11:12 PM

Originally Posted by hombredelassrtas
who is the big guy (white) that workes there at the front desk. he always seemed decently helpful (even if it did take 2 weeks for a damn set of wheel studs and 3 trips for install). i am happy after reading through this thread that i didnt leave my car there overnight or have the engine work done there that I was planning. i am also curious about the people who have cars locked up. are they still there or did you get them out?
The Big White Guy was Heath he is just as bad as the owner. He was fully aware of everything shady that was going on there and still stayed. He's out driving a Hayabusa around payed for by the people he lied to and scammed. You can tell what he sold his morals and values for.

Last edited by HondaTwin; 08-10-2008 at 11:26 PM.
Old 08-11-2008, 02:00 AM
Why So Serious?

Originally Posted by Shadytrixta1
Theres two Cody's that work/worked there please specify
well cody your not a hippy your abe now

No Front Bumper Mafia crew#1 since 04'
The original 350Z Blue 240sx
Old 08-11-2008, 04:16 AM
TR Balla Donor Supreme

Originally Posted by mikespeed95
Dear TR Admins,

This is exactly why this thread is going. If people have something to say, let them speak their piece in one post and submit shop feedback, no matter how much money the shop spends on here.

Is selling out / whoring out yourself really worht what all these TR members are being put thru right now?

No. Theres no price worth selling out to shady.

This is saying nothing about LHT Directly, but there is no reason someone shoudl have to PM their expereinces with a shop to another person. Things should be said in the public eye, under the condition they are thought out, organized, and typed correctly. A Shop feedback forum would work quite well if monitored heavily, and with how many mods TR has it shouldn't be a problem.
Dear Mike,

I think by now you will realise this thread is still open. It hasnt been locked, or shut down. We have no affiliation with any shop and the reas on we have TRShop forums, and that they are FREE is so that people can have another way to interact with a shop, be it for good service, or bad.

A shop advertising on TR has ZERO to do with TR's support for that shop, we dont discriminate unless there is a clear cut case of a shop being bad. This is the internet where everything and nothing is true all at once, t's not our responsability to vette whether a shop is good or bad.

We do have a mdoerated shop review forum, its the main forum that houses the TRshops and no shop has mod access in there.

You might be angry over what is/has happened but dont take it out on TR. We are not your mom, take responsability for your own actions. that goes for both consumers and users. We are merely a medium for you to communicate over. We dont whore anything to anyone. With over 50,000 members it's pretty fucking tough to look out for everyones best interest, so look out for your own.

Let this be a lesson to any other local businesses, the internet, and TR especially can be a really powerful tool in getting your name out there, and getting business. It can also turn around and drop kick you in the nuts when you fuck up. If your a legitimate business on the up and up, then there is probably no better way to get your name out to the Tampa car community than us. If your a shady motherfucker, well we got you covered too asshole.

thanks.

TR.
Old 08-11-2008, 04:19 AM
Boostaholic

Originally Posted by mikespeed95
i dont think he'll remember sending that to mark.

thats what he sent me, along with a envelope to xat after i went over there accusing me of slander because i made some posts on the internet.

things which IIRC YOU tempbanned me for on here for voicing.
and no offense kirk, i dont know and i wont know because i dont care to the whole situation but heres what i observed.
honestly i gotta give props to ian and everyone involved. ian for being the best person ever at munipulating people, and people like kirk for selling out their own beleifs, knowledge of rightand wrong for $$.

i've never met you i dont think, i just have the only memory of you was pm'ing you about dc and you wouldnt even comment fully.

i think everyone can learn from this crap and hopefully everyone in the community in tampa can realize sometimes yeah, an extra couple bux is great, but is the end result really worth it?

supporting legit shops like xat was instead of saving/making a buck by diong things you know are shady with things like DC will improve the whole entire industry. its quite pathetic this crap has to happen like this.

anyways as much as ian is one of my least favorite people on earth, i will say this.

if it wasnt for dc i woudln't have met some of the most awesom epeople in my life, i'd never have manji'd down hillsborough, grindhouse would've just been another terrible radio ad, i'dve probably given in and drove for a 1/2 legit team in 07 instead of tryin to keep my ghetto lsjuan car running and i wouldn't have learned a thing that i learned at xat which i cant even start to list how much i learned at that place.

thanks ian. thanks for the life lesson on why i shouldnt deal with shady people, and how awesome the rest of the tampa bay community outside your circle of fat munipulative life.

blablabla, this post probably sucks, but i figured id get my .02 in.

summary:

learn this lesson. people with character won't make the most money, but they will always take care of you.

people without character, who are only out for themselves will manipulate and use you for their own gain. those who ARE ian hannigan (dc) and those who continue to support him (marksaccord is the only one i know) are of the same class. i dont know where to classify kirk and the other temporary ultimate ian bandwagoners but i will just say EVERYONE should get a life lesson out of this.

do the industry a favor and even when these idiots come to you remember the casey higgins, the chris tylers, the mike ranlets, the andy carrols, jeremy lowes, jen underhills, xieweis, jason jiovannis, matrin struks, brett collins, dan chiltons, sean olsens, and the like. yeah they'll never be driving expensive cars or living the baller lifestyle, but they'll always be honest with you and they will do their best to not do you wrong. support those people.

its better to spend an extra 100 bux in the long run for a good cause.

guess thats all i have to say.

if my 80mph sign i bought at bucees is still there cody can have it.

i left dc after my sponsors asked why i didnt make two events in a row in the 06 season, after sending them pics of the car waiting on paint and a wiring harness for 2 months which ian had promised, and me getting tired of biting my tounge, he decided i was in violation of contract, i got a lawyer went to xat, realized how awesome xat was, then i just pretty much moved on since i didnt have time or money to mess with it.

if theres a class action suit filed, ill be happy to jump onboard.

i really want to laugh at this situation, but theres too much damage done to actually laugh at it. its quite sad how many people are getting screwed and how much sheer damage has really been done to the industry due to people like ian.
I agree with you. Everyone who was involved with this shop in some way or form has learned a valuable lesson. I regret alot of the things I did while I was at the shop, but I too did not fully know the situation until time passed by and it was almost too late. I became different than my normal character all because I thought I was helping out a "friend", just like many people here. Lesson learned.

When I left that place I had $0.00 to my name and had alot of owed bills, so it was not about the money... what I made there in a week I spend in a day. I lost many TRUE friends over this shop...

TURBO SERVICING & SALES | FUEL INJECTOR SERVICING
GARRETT - BORGWARNER - BULLSEYE - HOLSET - 3K
TiAL - TURBONETICS - FULLRACE - PRECISION
Shop Forum | FaceBook | Website | Online Store
Old 08-11-2008, 04:32 AM
Kung Fu comes standard™

Originally Posted by Kirk
I agree with you. Everyone who was involved with this shop in some way or form has learned a valuable lesson. I regret alot of the things I did while I was at the shop, but I too did not fully know the situation until time passed by and it was almost too late. I became different than my normal character all because I thought I was helping out a "friend", just like many people here. Lesson learned.

When I left that place I had $0.00 to my name and had alot of owed bills, so it was not about the money... what I made there in a week I spend in a day.
i think we all went down that road pretty much hard lesson learned for many of us, but along the way many of us have meet new people and became closer with others

if his house forecloses and he moves out of town maybe i'll look into moving back up to tampa, the traffic is still nuts up there