General Car Chat Talk about cars in general. All makes and models - strictly car discussion.

driven concepts...shut down? hasnt been opened in a week?

Old 08-12-2008, 02:41 PM
Boostaholic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by manifoldmike
ian pays people to handle things that he doesn't want to.
Example:

Originally Posted by idriveagst
I wasn't going to say anything but I had to. I once worked at Driven Concepts at one point in time. In the short period of time I worked there I experienced so much messed up stuff.
I saw them cover up an engine falling off a forklift and hitting an Infinity G35. The car was PAINTED and returned back to the customer with out there knowledge of the accident, yes Cory if you were wondering that was your mother’s car. I wanted to say something for a while to you about it.
And the creditors and customers who were calling for Ian, and I told you he wasn't there he was. 90% of my job was just lien to people who were wanting the money he owed them, and telling people he wasn't there. I once had to tell the IRS he wasn't there, and had to hang up on them as they proceeded to try to gather information on how I was getting paid and so forth.
Things were so shady there that the owner Ian would see and customer coming in on the cameras. And run and hide in the bathroom for over 30mins sometimes. Till I came and knocked on the door and told him they were gone. It was very sad and pathetic that he would not even face up and at least talk to them.
And as Mikes aka Manifoldmike he's a good guy. His welding very well don't bash him he just is in the company of a shady owner. And doesn't want a bad name when for him self he's trying to find a new job.

TURBO SERVICING & SALES | FUEL INJECTOR SERVICING
GARRETT - BORGWARNER - BULLSEYE - HOLSET - 3K
TiAL - TURBONETICS - FULLRACE - PRECISION
Shop Forum | FaceBook | Website | Online Store
Old 08-12-2008, 02:44 PM
FN Herstal

Wow what kirk just posted up! Hide in the bathroom for over 30 mins...

Old 08-12-2008, 05:05 PM
September - Ride of the Month

^ I wasn't talking to you yet you continue to post even after "claiming" its your last time OVER and OVER and OVER again.
Old 08-12-2008, 05:19 PM
The Right-Wing

Originally Posted by TampasOriginalSoarer
^ I wasn't talking to you yet you continue to post even after "claiming" its your last time OVER and OVER and OVER again.
your still indirectly including him, dont try to play innocent.
Old 08-12-2008, 05:27 PM
September - Ride of the Month

In case you didn't notice he wasn't the only employee that stuck up for him in the past and present.
Old 08-12-2008, 05:59 PM
Crotch Rocket Racer

So would guys consider Ian a bad businessman who didn't really know how to run a business or just a shady person?

PROTECTED BY GLOCK

GO GATORS!!!
GO DOLPHINS!!!
GO CAPITALS!!!

86 BMW 325es
Honda CBR 600
88 Toyota Supra TURBO--sold (I should have blown it up!)
02 Infiniti I35----DD
Old 08-12-2008, 06:11 PM
bastid

ManifoldMike is a dedicated employee. He's doing whatever he can to keep things from blowing up, and to keep a roof over his head.

Cut him some slack. he's trying.
Old 08-12-2008, 06:38 PM
Slow down Gandhi!

Wink

Originally Posted by TokyoBeBop
ROFLMAO so xJOIEx is a female? I wonder why she quoted me $230 on a busted DC2 bumper. I hoped I didn't delete that hilarious PM.
EDIT: found the pic...
It wasn't a PM. It was out in the open on a thread on DC's shop forum. We no longer had the bumper from that picture so I was quoting you on another one that we did have. I asked Ian how much he wanted for the bumper and that was his price. We actually discussed this whole thing on the thread you were referencing. But I guess it's cool if you want to go ahead and try to make me look stupid and act like being female has anything to do with whether or not I am stupid.

AND I am no longer with DC. I left about a month before all this BS went down. I guess you can call that a woman's intuition.
Old 08-12-2008, 06:59 PM
TR Registered Member #5

all i really have to say...

My 510 is in there. Well over $20k is wrapped up in that car. Not to mention hundreds of hours I spent building the majority of it myself in my garage.

The Pros and Cons

Ian hooked me up very well on the 1st half of my bill, which I completely understand why it took longer then normal to build my car. The car has been there for around a year I believe now. Realistically, a week - week 1/2 worth of work needed to be completely done. But at this point, I am paying close to normal rate now simply because I want my car done.

Ian has been a friend of mine. I have stayed at his house when coming to town to visit. He has bought me dinner. We use to go on Formula D trips a few years back. I considered him a good friend. Hell he even asked me to take pics at his wedding in which i will still happily do. He has he helped me TREMENDIOUSLY build my car. He sponsored the repaint of my car and gave me a very good hookup price on the initial quote for finishing my car. When I get the car out here and get interior in it, the car will be featured in Modified, in which I will be shooting and writing the article full. I will still hold up to my end of the deal with the DC stickers on my car if he still wants them there for the shoot.

A lot of what I said leads to why I am bothered some. Most of you know me and know there is no question to when I am upset and have no problem voicing it. Am I concerned? Yea, I am, but not as much as I could be

With Ian being such a close friend of mine, I found it extremely upsetting that he would not return my calls on his cell. He even picked up by accident and then I heard the phone turn off. I seriously would expect that out of someone that was a close enough friend. I still havent heard anything from him to date. With that, I really have to thank Mike for calling me to keep me in the loop every few days, it helps ease my mind.

I think about my car everyday. I want to be able to enjoy driving it so bad.

Editor - Stangtv.com - Dragzine.com

2011 Mustang GT Premium 6-speed manual Sterling Gray Metallic - New Project Car
SCT SF3 - FRPP Adjustable Handling Pack - Vortech 597 RWHP 476 lb/ft - 7.5 PSI

1965 Mustang - Blow thru Dart SBF 427ci with a Paxton NOVI-2500
Hydraulic roller, 91 octane, 1030HP

Last edited by marksaccord95; 08-12-2008 at 07:13 PM.
Old 08-12-2008, 07:02 PM
Balut Delivery EF1

Originally Posted by xJOIEx
It wasn't a PM. It was out in the open on a thread on DC's shop forum. We no longer had the bumper from that picture so I was quoting you on another one that we did have. I asked Ian how much he wanted for the bumper and that was his price. We actually discussed this whole thing on the thread you were referencing. But I guess it's cool if you want to go ahead and try to make me look stupid and act like being female has anything to do with whether or not I am stupid.

AND I am no longer with DC. I left about a month before all this BS went down. I guess you can call that a woman's intuition.
Well thanks for explaining to me now that price was for a different bumper. I just needed to cut off a piece to shave my OEM JDM front that's why I specifically asked for that. And I do apologize for assuming you're stupid 'cause you're a female.