General Car Chat Talk about cars in general. All makes and models - strictly car discussion.

driven concepts...shut down? hasnt been opened in a week?

Old 08-13-2008, 03:09 PM
Boostaholic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by black&white
I know Im not the only one who thinks this has run its course, yeah we get it, dc sucks, I mean this one time I was leaving and Ian didnt say goodbye..geez,what an asshole..and Im sure there were many times that Ian didnt use lube on Kurt and failed to call him in the morning...yada yada yada..people figure out alot on their own from here on out, without the help from a majority of you asshats.
You are ignorant and have completely missed the purpose of this thread. There are people who have been manipulated and had their credit ruined, scammed out of $40K+, and customer's being constantly lied to and ripped off. All together it should be in the hundreds of thousands of dollars owed. I have not had one person at all, current employee, ex employee, or customer state otherwise. Stay the hell out of a thread in which you have nothing to do in with stupid comments like that. The process repeats itself over and over again, I am just trying to do what I can to put a stop into it.

TURBO SERVICING & SALES | FUEL INJECTOR SERVICING
GARRETT - BORGWARNER - BULLSEYE - HOLSET - 3K
TiAL - TURBONETICS - FULLRACE - PRECISION
Shop Forum | FaceBook | Website | Online Store
Old 08-13-2008, 03:10 PM
madpom

Originally Posted by manifoldmike
you do realize that part of the job is test driving vehicles? in fact, you may have to beat on them to notice a problem that the customer is complaining about right? for instance a break up at 20psi. well you kinda have to get on a car to make 20 psi. in fact that a pretty usual problem. people don't gap their plugs correctly and thats a result.

i'm not saying that people havn't got on them before, but personally i look at driving customer cars as liability at its best. i don't drive them if i don't have too. most mechanics are held personally accountable to damages done to customer cars while on a test drive.

with that being said, usually means that if the mechanic breaks it, he buys it. thats what our policy was and i wasn't about to break a car, have to explain to the customer and then finially have to pay for damages out of my own pocket.

f that noise.

there are other times when i have to beat on cars. if you just came in and spent a butt load of money for a turn key car. we know the first thing your going to do is go beat the living shit out of it. if we have to put it through the motions to make sure your going to be satisfied, thats what we have to do.

does that mean were doing burnouts? no, becaue it doesn't pertain to the situation.

maybe a customer wants a flyby to hear the exhaust, wastegate and/or bov.

there are plenty of reason you see us and i assure you that all are legit.

maybe not back in the day, but thats how we opperate now.

any performance builder that claims to not beat on a car is feeding a line of bull. only people that wouldn't are on dyno's, but dyno's are probably the worst thing you can do to a car in the first place.
theres a difference between being a mechanics and taking stuff for joy rides
so you think doing 20psi runs up and down hill's ave is fine i know you just said that as an example
get the right techs and you don't have to do shit like that on a daily bases 80% of the employees there are kid's
i know who you are and the work you do your the only good guy they have/had work there out of what 50 people that have worked for dc
i'm just amazed how much your sticking up for a shop thats dragging you down with them
Old 08-13-2008, 03:17 PM
Boostaholic

People need to take the focus out of the employees, past or present, and focus on the real problem. I don't blame Mike 1 bit for doing what he is doing. I was in his same shoes and I understand what he is going through. I offered to take him out for a couple of drinks, its up to him if he wants to take on that offer.

At some point you have to decide to look after your own self instead of looking after someone elses problem. Driven Concepts is Ian's problem, not Mike's as he is just an employee. None of the problems at hand have anything to do with him or any of the employees at that shop, past or present. None of the employees scammed $40K+ out of anyone, none of the employees ran group buys and took off with thousands and thousands of dollars, and none of the employees have ruined anyone's credit and laughed about it.

Old 08-13-2008, 03:28 PM
let down & hangin around

Originally Posted by Kirk
You are ignorant and have completely missed the purpose of this thread. There are people who have been manipulated and had their credit ruined, scammed out of $40K+, and customer's being constantly lied to and ripped off. All together it should be in the hundreds of thousands of dollars owed. I have not had one person at all, current employee, ex employee, or customer state otherwise. Stay the hell out of a thread in which you have nothing to do in with stupid comments like that. The process repeats itself over and over again, I am just trying to do what I can to put a stop into it.
ignorant really?

Originally Posted by black&white
Don’t post too much but feel as though I should share :

DC completed my sr swap over 2 years ago and although it initially took longer than expected, any issue I’ve had with or since has been resolved effectively in a timely manner.

Probably not the theme of this thread but there are some people out here that appreciate the service that was provided.

FYI..400hp stock block enthalpy tuned daily driven sr.

P.S. Mike is awesome and anybody who knew a car was being abused and didn’t speak up is a Douche/Bitch

-dan

sorry for the pause, please continue...
I get the purpose/theme/meaning/info, you just have nothing new to offer,its fucking redundant
Old 08-13-2008, 03:34 PM
All American, rice eater!

I hope DC does get it shit together!, this is the only way everyone (customers & employees) will keep from loosing there investments, I would do business with DC, but with caution and on terms that looked out me. Mike I have been in your position, and with the attitude you have I think your keeping the dream alive.......but business never last forever, that is part of doing business you have grand opening sales and going out of business sales..... hope this is just a hickup sale!
Old 08-13-2008, 03:40 PM

I agree with black&white...I have had no problems with my sr swap still running strong after two years. any problems I have had, which were minimal, were done in timely matter. Most hiccups were after 8 months of me DD the car and racing it every weekend.
Old 08-13-2008, 03:46 PM
TR Balla Donor Supreme

actually for trying to "help" the situation, i would say that kirk and everyones goal of trying to close the doors at dc is probably going to be what really screws the people that still have cars and parts there. if ian is the way you guys claim him to be, why the hell would he even try to resolve his lease issues and open the shop up to finish projects since his shops rep has been trashed and it would be easier to say fuck every one.
and kirk, despite what you say, you have almost single handedly turned this into the kirk hates ian thread.

Last edited by dscivicdx; 08-13-2008 at 03:50 PM.
Old 08-13-2008, 04:11 PM
Boostaholic

Originally Posted by dscivicdx
if ian is the way you guys claim him to be
We are not claiming him to be anything, we are showing you what type of person he is:

Year 2002:
Lost Projects & Ian - PLEASE READ - Northwest Nissans
http://www.sr20forum.com/buying-sell...tml#post199310
remember lost projects? - Zilvia.net Forums
LOSTPROJECTS.COM - Zilvia.net Forums
Lost Projects (tein group buy) - Zilvia.net Forums

Year 2003:
LOST PROJECTS - anyone know Ian's home address - Zilvia.net Forums
Lost Projects (tein groupbuy) get your $$$ back - Zilvia.net Forums

Year 2004:
rom tunes!
My thoughts on watching DD14

Year 2005:
greenS14(Ian Hannigan) is a SCAMMER. Stole $309 from me - Zilvia.net Forums
Zilvia not a greivance fourm, but here is some history kids on a member - Zilvia.net Forums (check out this user's username!)

Year 2006-2007:
buyers beware www.DrivenConcepts.net = Lost Projects / Ian Hannigan - Zilvia.net Forums
Zilvia.net Forums - View Single Post - Scammer thread in For Sale Section, Who else is willing to help??
Zilvia.net Forums - View Single Post - Scammers Beware!
XAT vs Driven Concepts in Tampa - Zilvia.net Forums
Very Important - Do you remember LOST PROJECTS?? - FreshAlloy.com Forums
https://www.tamparacing.com/forums/d...ead-lasts.html
https://www.tamparacing.com/forums/d...20344-ian.html
https://www.tamparacing.com/forums/d...-give-try.html

Year 2008:
https://www.tamparacing.com/forums/d...s-err-ian.html
https://www.tamparacing.com/forums/g...ened-week.html
Supraforums.com

Take it in which ever way you want. It's still not going to repay those who are out thousands of dollars and have the next few years of their lives screwed up due to Mr. Ian Hannigan.

Old 08-13-2008, 04:20 PM

Originally Posted by dscivicdx
actually for trying to "help" the situation, i would say that kirk and everyones goal of trying to close the doors at dc is probably going to be what really screws the people that still have cars and parts there. if ian is the way you guys claim him to be, why the hell would he even try to resolve his lease issues and open the shop up to finish projects since his shops rep has been trashed and it would be easier to say fuck every one.
and kirk, despite what you say, you have almost single handedly turned this into the kirk hates ian thread.

Maybe to get his stuff out, or empty the shop of all its merch and sell it on ebay and then file bankruptcy. Lots of reasons on why someone would want to reopen a "storage unit of parts and cars" after the doors are locked by the landlord unexpectedly, and most are not in favor of the customer. He has load of money wrapped up in whats in that place, of course he will want to negotiate with landlord to get the doors back open, to get his stuff out. But this is my opinion, take it for what it is, and opinion.
My Website: www.powersimagery.com
My Job: Vegas Magazine | Retna LTD | Tao/Lavo/Marquee Las Vegas
Old 08-13-2008, 04:25 PM

You cant blame Kirk for fact gathering about Ian. Ian did this to his shop not Kirk. You can obviously tell Kirk has some animosity towards Ian but in the end its for pretty good reasons.