General Car Chat Talk about cars in general. All makes and models - strictly car discussion.

driven concepts...shut down? hasnt been opened in a week?

Old 08-15-2008, 04:07 AM
TR Balla Donor Supreme

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Dr Evil
So you're saying that they (Driven Concepts) shut down their page/forum theirself???
nope, i'm saying it was shut down when it shouldnt have been. I did not OK it to be shut down, someone took it upon them selves to shut it down when that is not our policy. Shop forums are there for shops and people on TR to communicate, be that good communication or "fuck i hate your shop' communication... i dont really care.
Old 08-15-2008, 05:37 AM
Is workin on his car

Originally Posted by sirt8669
Also, what happens the majority of the time on here is people will post up things that have happened to them at a shop and post it in the shop specific forum, like for example me, and since the shops have control of their forum/threads they will alter it or lock it and make everything look good or atleast to their liking and make the person complaining about the problem look like an ass.

This doesn't have to do with DC but has to do with what has been brought up in this thread and for shops to have the ability to cover things up is fuked up. They should not have control over their forums.
I have sat and have been reading and watching this thread for days now and have kept my mouth shut...but this statement kinda got under my skin and I 100% DO NOT AGREE with it!!!!!

While yes if you have a shop forum here on TR the shop does have control on the threads. But....I have sat back now and watched all these "scam" shops have threads show up in their shop forum. And yes your right they try to delete or lock them soon as possible. But the mods will usually step in and make shure that thread doesnt go away! Your statement is completly un true. While some threads might slip throug the cracks and get deleted just cause the mods are so busy, but they usually make shure it stays.

So on that note....keep up all the good work mods. Its time we show the racing community which shops are bullshit and burry them and let the good honest shops thrive!

PS - go hunt around in my shop forum...you wont see any negative threads deleted in mine...hell you wont even see any negative threads PERIOD! You wont see any cause we run an honest shop, no one has any shit on us to bring to the table, and no one ever will. Treat customers right and shit like this wont happen.

Last edited by 91Notch; 08-15-2008 at 05:40 AM.
Old 08-15-2008, 05:42 AM

Originally Posted by manifoldmike

no-one has actually been screwed yet and probably won't.

What about the links to other forums where your "BOSS" has scammed other people does that make you feel uneasy about working there knowning that he is a thief ?
Old 08-15-2008, 06:06 AM
September - Ride of the Month

Originally Posted by 17sec_vert
What about the links to other forums where your "BOSS" has scammed other people does that make you feel uneasy about working there knowning that he is a thief ?
I guess he meant no one got screwed that moment he posted that comment
Old 08-15-2008, 06:44 AM
TR Balla Donor Supreme

Originally Posted by sirt8669
I had only been to DC 2x and I ordered a hood the first time and paid for it. Second time I went to pick it up and I didn't know it was sitting right outside the door when I walked in but I went to the counter and asked about my hood and was told to wait a minute but one minute turned into 45 minutes and people were just hangin out and talking amongst themselves behind the counter until John, which looks an aweful lot like Ian came in and I asked him and he said it was right outside the door and helped me install it too. After that I called back and only delt with him but never got anything else from there.

My roommate worked for the company that gave Ian the loan for the business and even did all the paper work and went over the loan with him and the loan company is no longer in business, haha.

Also, what happens the majority of the time on here is people will post up things that have happened to them at a shop and post it in the shop specific forum, like for example me, and since the shops have control of their forum/threads they will alter it or lock it and make everything look good or atleast to their liking and make the person complaining about the problem look like an ass. Plus others will defend the shit outta of them regardless of if it was them or a friend that had gone there or know of joe blow who said that they were a good shop but I guarantee if it happened to them then it would be another story. What happened to me was covered up and also other people that I know, same thing happened to them.

What is the point of saying something that actually happened in regards to a shop if people say your full of shit cause it didn't happen to them then obviously its not possible for it to happen. This doesn't have to do with DC but has to do with what has been brought up in this thread and for shops to have the ability to cover things up is fuked up. They should not have control over their forums.
if we dont give them control over their forums, then we need a lot more staff.

the answer here i think is for me to open a TRShop Reviews forum, that we DO control where people can post their experiences both good and bad with a shop.

Posting on a forum such as this is a double edged deal .. as a consumer, you can post what ever you like .. but I have no problem providing copies of that stuff to police/court when asked.. same with the shops.. rip people off and we wont hesitate to turn that over when asked either.. i'm not having my server seized by the courts and taken offline when i coudl just provide them what they need. We only do that when it is accompanied by a request from a LEO, or a court order.

Back on track.. interfacing with users on TR if your not being honest with them is a losing battle.. they WILL know, and they WILL troll the fuck out of you for it.. interfacing with them if your on the up and up and have done some great work can be a great experience... but TR is what YOU make of it as a business.. it can be your best resource, or make your business life suck.

We try hard to make sure everyone gets a fair deal.. we can't check out all the scammers or shady shops, that is up to the community.. and perhaps I need to add some better tools for people to leave feedback seeing as no one seems to understand or user the TRader Rating system we have.. which is just like Ebay.

Lastly.. kirk does NOT speak for TR on this matter, he has his own opnions and that is what he is expressing here. TR remains neutral and while my attention was diverted some decisions were made that I wasnt in on.. i have talked it over with those involved and made it known how we work with shops.. ie not our job to determine who are the good guys and the bad guys.. the community can do that for themselves.

Any other questions or comments/issue, drop me a PM.. i'm open to discussing any of it and hearing feedback on it aswell.

thanks.
Old 08-15-2008, 07:14 AM
U and your 3rd dimension

Originally Posted by Zate
if we dont give them control over their forums, then we need a lot more staff.

the answer here i think is for me to open a TRShop Reviews forum, that we DO control where people can post their experiences both good and bad with a shop.

Posting on a forum such as this is a double edged deal .. as a consumer, you can post what ever you like .. but I have no problem providing copies of that stuff to police/court when asked.. same with the shops.. rip people off and we wont hesitate to turn that over when asked either.. i'm not having my server seized by the courts and taken offline when i coudl just provide them what they need. We only do that when it is accompanied by a request from a LEO, or a court order.

Back on track.. interfacing with users on TR if your not being honest with them is a losing battle.. they WILL know, and they WILL troll the fuck out of you for it.. interfacing with them if your on the up and up and have done some great work can be a great experience... but TR is what YOU make of it as a business.. it can be your best resource, or make your business life suck.

We try hard to make sure everyone gets a fair deal.. we can't check out all the scammers or shady shops, that is up to the community.. and perhaps I need to add some better tools for people to leave feedback seeing as no one seems to understand or user the TRader Rating system we have.. which is just like Ebay.

Lastly.. kirk does NOT speak for TR on this matter, he has his own opnions and that is what he is expressing here. TR remains neutral and while my attention was diverted some decisions were made that I wasnt in on.. i have talked it over with those involved and made it known how we work with shops.. ie not our job to determine who are the good guys and the bad guys.. the community can do that for themselves.

Any other questions or comments/issue, drop me a PM.. i'm open to discussing any of it and hearing feedback on it aswell.

thanks.
Yah, so neutral you don't do anything. How about you actually moderate this thread, and delete everything that does not have to do with the shop re-opening?
Old 08-15-2008, 07:57 AM
Mark G

^ you get your shit back yet? I didn't feel like looking and looking
Old 08-15-2008, 08:40 AM
TR Balla Donor Supreme

Originally Posted by vertigo
Yah, so neutral you don't do anything. How about you actually moderate this thread, and delete everything that does not have to do with the shop re-opening?
how bout you go whine to someone else about your problems.. i'm not the shop with your car dickhead. I told you before, i can split this into 2 threads, one with 10 posts about "when will the shop open" and one with the rest about DC and it wont do a damn thing to get your car back.. go whine like a little bitch to the people who have it.. not me.

i remove posts that post personal details and the like, but the rest of it is direct fall out to how someone handles customer relations.. not my problem.

i'm not your fucking mother..i dont have to clean up your mistakes.
Old 08-15-2008, 08:55 AM
FN Herstal

^ Becareful Zate he might ask you WHERE is your car at just like everyone else +1 on what you said...jeeze

Last edited by Ghost Rider 666; 08-15-2008 at 09:10 AM.
Old 08-15-2008, 09:43 AM

Originally Posted by Zate
how bout you go whine to someone else about your problems.. i'm not the shop with your car dickhead. I told you before, i can split this into 2 threads, one with 10 posts about "when will the shop open" and one with the rest about DC and it wont do a damn thing to get your car back.. go whine like a little bitch to the people who have it.. not me.

i remove posts that post personal details and the like, but the rest of it is direct fall out to how someone handles customer relations.. not my problem.

i'm not your fucking mother..i dont have to clean up your mistakes.
THATS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!
My Website: www.powersimagery.com
My Job: Vegas Magazine | Retna LTD | Tao/Lavo/Marquee Las Vegas