General Car Chat Talk about cars in general. All makes and models - strictly car discussion.

driven concepts...shut down? hasnt been opened in a week?

Old 08-16-2008, 04:47 PM
Omnipotence

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by John
don't be a gossip queen
Old 08-16-2008, 05:29 PM

I was there today, at 11:00 am. I left around 3:00 pm. I met with Ian, Mike, Stan, and the landlord. I could have picked up all of my stuff today if I wanted, all the pieces, parts, and disassembled chassis. I did not. I checked on several key things to make sure all my parts were there. They were. Not one piece or part was missing. I checked my engine, everything was exactly as it was when I dropped off my car. My Custom made Wilwood big brakes were still attached to my car. The markings on my serpentine belt were in the exact same spot as they were when I assembled and then installed my motor. Every body part intact. So, nobody has stolen a thing from me up to this point. Probably much to the chagrin of some of you reading and posting on this thread. I mean no dis here, but from some of the posts and attitudes here, it seems that some of you would actually like to see someone get screwed out of their parts, cars, or money so that you can validate your mostly baseless accusations and posting (I am sure to get flamed even more now). Or, you might just want to see Ian screw somone just for the sheer drama of it all. I cannot, and will not speak for Ian, but I will state that I believe that Ian never intended for any of this to happen, and that he did not plan to screw anyone by closing up his shop, or just screw people because he is in a bad way right now. I am not saying he did not make some severe errors in handling his business so that this would not happen, I am simply stating that I do believe he intends to make all good to all his current customers. But that is between Ian and them.

I intend for them to finish my car. Mike's work is excellent, and very custom. Many shops would not be able to fabricate what I wanted for this project. I trust Stan's work as well. He is an excellent paint and body man. I believe Ian, and believe he will honor all his agreements with me.

I even took some pics that I will post up to show that my stuff is still there, and that my car was completed to the point that Mike communicated with me, Mike has never lied to me.

BTW, I did not pay Ian in advance. I only made a deposit. So, it is in Ian's best interest to complete my car, and to get paid.

You guys that are guilty of posting up your speculation should really stop and gather more information rather than just post up total misinformation. For those that will respond by stating "you're just trying to warn people", give it a break already. I think people have been sufficiently warned.

SC400TT

My Relentless Pursuit of Perfection...

Click Here to learn of the Texas V8 Shootout/Lexus Meet: http://clublexus.com/forums/showthread.php?t=327761

Last edited by SC400TT; 08-16-2008 at 05:36 PM.
Old 08-16-2008, 05:30 PM
Offset-----Less is MORE!!

Keep us Posted.
Old 08-17-2008, 12:16 AM
Driven Concepts

Originally Posted by manifoldmike
we were there today and yes some people picked up some stuff.

carlos, the customer who texted kirk insisted on picking up his car regardless on to if we could work on it or not. i told him we could finish it, however he doesn't have a car right now and has a 1jz swap to put into the car to get it running.

so it was his decision to pick it up.

stan, the painter wanted to pick up his personal truck and some paint guns. he has been doing side work until the shop situation gets figured out. kinda need tools to do side work.

jonny (or rj) picked up his tools. he's techincally not been employed by DC for a couple months now. he was helping cody do some work on salvage cars once and a while, so it made sense for him to pick up his stuff.

antonio picked up all of his tools. he also has side work to do, more specifically engine building. this isn't somthing you can do with a couple hand tools. he needs his stuff. he plans on coming right back when this is figured out.

cody, the salvage guy, picked up a personal car and some parts that were sold to customers that were waiting. he also sold some scrap cars we had that the customers were waiting on.

i personally took enough of my tools so i can do some side work as well. most of my mechanic stuff is sitting there still along with my car and engine parts. i needed my welding gear and some tools to at least keep me busy until things are figured out. even if its for a couple more days, which is what it sounds like. i have customers waiting for stuff.

victor picked up some of his parts that i'm going to end up finishing his project at his work. its easyer considering i'm doing the rest of the fab work on the car. might as well do everything in one place.

no-one else picked up anything. today was to get tools to the people depending on them to generate a little income while we were waiting.

i also picked up some 264 cams to send out to a customer on supra forums. they had been sitting there waiting to ship. figured i would ship them out so he wouldn't have to wait any longer.

so are we skipping town? nope, just trying to do some side work until the place gets the doors opened again.

customers cars are still there and locked up.

if any of you that have vehilces or parts on the property, you've been able to get them the whole time. some of you are depending on us to finish your cars, so obviously you'll have to wait.

i'm not a liar and please don't speculate. you don't know me or what i'm about.

any questions? drop me an email at mikey@drivenconcepts.net.
so DC will be open in " A Couple of days" but everyone is loading up toolboxes and stuff on a saturday so they can what...work all day sunday and monday?

dont be so naive, and don't insult everyones intelligence.

if any of you worked at a real legit shop that wasnt being tracked by the IRS you'd all be taking your tools HOME and filing for unemployment monday and taking your paystubs.

tell ian you wont come back unless he gives you an actual paycheck. you wanna act all naive, how about now.

FACT:
driven concepts closes. Ian hannigan leaves all you hanging + uncle sam because he doesnt wanna pay taxes. no uneployment for you!!
Old 08-17-2008, 12:20 AM
Driven Concepts

Originally Posted by SC400TT
I was there today, at 11:00 am. I left around 3:00 pm. I met with Ian, Mike, Stan, and the landlord. I could have picked up all of my stuff today if I wanted, all the pieces, parts, and disassembled chassis. I did not. I checked on several key things to make sure all my parts were there. They were. Not one piece or part was missing. I checked my engine, everything was exactly as it was when I dropped off my car. My Custom made Wilwood big brakes were still attached to my car. The markings on my serpentine belt were in the exact same spot as they were when I assembled and then installed my motor. Every body part intact. So, nobody has stolen a thing from me up to this point. Probably much to the chagrin of some of you reading and posting on this thread. I mean no dis here, but from some of the posts and attitudes here, it seems that some of you would actually like to see someone get screwed out of their parts, cars, or money so that you can validate your mostly baseless accusations and posting (I am sure to get flamed even more now). Or, you might just want to see Ian screw somone just for the sheer drama of it all. I cannot, and will not speak for Ian, but I will state that I believe that Ian never intended for any of this to happen, and that he did not plan to screw anyone by closing up his shop, or just screw people because he is in a bad way right now. I am not saying he did not make some severe errors in handling his business so that this would not happen, I am simply stating that I do believe he intends to make all good to all his current customers. But that is between Ian and them.

I intend for them to finish my car. Mike's work is excellent, and very custom. Many shops would not be able to fabricate what I wanted for this project. I trust Stan's work as well. He is an excellent paint and body man. I believe Ian, and believe he will honor all his agreements with me.

I even took some pics that I will post up to show that my stuff is still there, and that my car was completed to the point that Mike communicated with me, Mike has never lied to me.

BTW, I did not pay Ian in advance. I only made a deposit. So, it is in Ian's best interest to complete my car, and to get paid.

You guys that are guilty of posting up your speculation should really stop and gather more information rather than just post up total misinformation. For those that will respond by stating "you're just trying to warn people", give it a break already. I think people have been sufficiently warned.

SC400TT
if you like mikes work so much why dont you pay him to do the work so he can leave DC and go to a real shop, since hes afraid to leave because he is paid under the table therefore has no employment history therefore knows hes screwed between leving and finding a real shop to support him.

if hes so awesome it shouldnt be a problem finding a legit shop that will pay for his quality of work.
Old 08-17-2008, 05:25 AM

Alot of this doesnt add up. but thats just me. good luck with everyones cars. i hope it works out for you.
My Website: www.powersimagery.com
My Job: Vegas Magazine | Retna LTD | Tao/Lavo/Marquee Las Vegas
Old 08-17-2008, 05:27 AM
Boostaholic

we did drop the ball on working on the car,

we still havn't owned up to our end,
That's all you had to say. I have yet to see a customer come in and leave in a timely manner without getting pushed to the side for one of Ian's bullshit cars. The priorities at that shop are still as fucked up as they were years ago. It's not surprising when everyone just walks around out back and take a whole day to install an intake manifold and valve covers on a 2JZ which isn't even bringing money to the shop....

TURBO SERVICING & SALES | FUEL INJECTOR SERVICING
GARRETT - BORGWARNER - BULLSEYE - HOLSET - 3K
TiAL - TURBONETICS - FULLRACE - PRECISION
Shop Forum | FaceBook | Website | Online Store
Old 08-17-2008, 06:56 AM
Kung Fu comes standard™

Originally Posted by ThaiRacer
did u get ur mr2 back?
no, i hope to hear more news about that later this week
Old 08-17-2008, 07:35 AM
Boostaholic

i don't get paid under the table either. no-one has. s
Maybe instead of hanging up on the IRS you guys should find out the real reason why they are after DC.

TURBO SERVICING & SALES | FUEL INJECTOR SERVICING
GARRETT - BORGWARNER - BULLSEYE - HOLSET - 3K
TiAL - TURBONETICS - FULLRACE - PRECISION
Shop Forum | FaceBook | Website | Online Store
Old 08-17-2008, 07:41 AM
EL TORO

most "real shop" can't afford me. you know how i know? they've already asked.
But the shop that cant afford to pay rent or their taxes can afford you?