General Car Chat Talk about cars in general. All makes and models - strictly car discussion.

driven concepts...shut down? hasnt been opened in a week?

Old 08-17-2008, 05:30 PM
TR Shop Mod

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A couple of words to describe this clown :
•delusional
•denial
•retarded
•gullible
•loyal (to the wrong side)
•devious
•fake
•liar
•devils advocate

and I'm not talking about Ian...
Old 08-17-2008, 06:08 PM
BADASS MOTHER FUCΚER I AM

I've got no beef with any shop. I don't personally know much about DC and I will vouch that XAT did a great job tuning my 3.5 (although it was a bit overpriced, IMO).

Here's my take, I've been around the Florida scene for a very long time and I know many, many of the small businesses (and large ones) that run things, I've good friends with many of the C-FL area shops and shop owners.

First of all I'm not a mechanic, and I'm not certified by any organization to work on cars, at the same time I have the know-how and resources to pull off most any automotive work on my own, so long as it's within the abilities of my equipment. I pulled off my 3.5L swap on my own, given, I needed someone to do some motor mount welding for me.

If I could find 4-5 other guys like me, I could have a team, I could get a business license and open a shop, you almost don't need any credibility to get business, you just need to be in a busy area where a lot of high-schoolers hang out. A ton of the income comes from installing crap like intake filters and spoilers, more comes from wheel sales and other aftermarket parts. IMO, very, very profitable.

Almost anything that can go wrong is based on bad business management, and that is what is really happening here. No prioritizing on bills, no prioritizing on projects, people stealing, parts getting lost, etc. Honestly, it's not knocking your craftsmanship or quality, but it's a little worse. It's people not trusting the facility, itself. I'm not going to bring my car to a shop where I'm afraid I'm never going to see it again.

You're right, most businesses have audits from the IRS, most DON'T result in you closing your doors for weeks and everything inside potentially being forfeited to the landlord. It doesn't matter if you have benefits, salary, or A/C in the work area. If you're not profiting from business in THIS industry, there is something SERIOUSLY wrong with your business model and/or investments.
Old 08-17-2008, 07:06 PM
TR Balla Donor Supreme

Originally Posted by 1997 GA16DE
I've got no beef with any shop. I don't personally know much about DC and I will vouch that XAT did a great job tuning my 3.5 (although it was a bit overpriced, IMO).

Here's my take, I've been around the Florida scene for a very long time and I know many, many of the small businesses (and large ones) that run things, I've good friends with many of the C-FL area shops and shop owners.

First of all I'm not a mechanic, and I'm not certified by any organization to work on cars, at the same time I have the know-how and resources to pull off most any automotive work on my own, so long as it's within the abilities of my equipment. I pulled off my 3.5L swap on my own, given, I needed someone to do some motor mount welding for me.

If I could find 4-5 other guys like me, I could have a team, I could get a business license and open a shop, you almost don't need any credibility to get business, you just need to be in a busy area where a lot of high-schoolers hang out. A ton of the income comes from installing crap like intake filters and spoilers, more comes from wheel sales and other aftermarket parts. IMO, very, very profitable.

Almost anything that can go wrong is based on bad business management, and that is what is really happening here. No prioritizing on bills, no prioritizing on projects, people stealing, parts getting lost, etc. Honestly, it's not knocking your craftsmanship or quality, but it's a little worse. It's people not trusting the facility, itself. I'm not going to bring my car to a shop where I'm afraid I'm never going to see it again.

You're right, most businesses have audits from the IRS, most DON'T result in you closing your doors for weeks and everything inside potentially being forfeited to the landlord. It doesn't matter if you have benefits, salary, or A/C in the work area. If you're not profiting from business in THIS industry, there is something SERIOUSLY wrong with your business model and/or investments.
+1 on that!! I can pull of just about anywork on my own.

I will say that my dealings with DC were Fair not good or bad.

Other then the fact that the car too 2months to be fixed after i was told a week, then i also had to wait for 2-3hrs in there showroom while they mounted the tires(should have left then and said forget it). then the hose they replaced that was the big hold up for the project blew right when i made it home.

But hey atleast they have a nice big couch and tv.
Old 08-17-2008, 07:06 PM

i feel like i'm digging myself a hole here. i'm going to try to stay out of this for now. if anyone has any questions please pm me or email me at mikey@drivenconcepts.net.

i'll be reading, so i'll try to respond through pm.
Old 08-17-2008, 07:14 PM
...TR's resident Racist..

wow... YOU THINK?^^^^

A clever person solves problems but a Wise person avoids them... A.Einstein

Old 08-17-2008, 07:57 PM
Bakermotorsource

I LOL'd at Michael Peters because there are a lot of vital points in his list of mamma jamma. I am on the fence with this issue due to the fact that I can see both sides and I am friends with Ian, current employees, customers, past employees and rosey palmer. I learned a long time ago, the hard way, that it is better to just be up-front & honest and pay the consequences for your actions than to try and cover things up. In the long run people are much more understanding and forgiving. I don't feel that Mike should be the one defending DC, he doesn't own it. The owner's of DC should be on here communicating to the "lost" customers and giving status updates to the general public to control the rumors and speculations. I don't think this thread would have been as detrimental to DC as it has been. Hope everyting works out for all parties involved! Antonio (Blackcat) was my asst. manager for many years at Circuit City and I have a vested interest in what happens. So, I will not unsubscribe just yet to see what the final outcome is!

Steve Baker
Owner / Builder
P.S.
"If you don't know what you are doing, at least do it neatly"
Old 08-17-2008, 08:03 PM
Banned

Anyone got their car back yet?
Old 08-17-2008, 08:05 PM

Mike i know you were trying to rectify the situation and try to dig yourself out of teh hole, but by deleting all your posts, you are seemingly making yourself look worse. Again i hope everything goes well with the customers cars. BTW i am a fabricator too, and if what people say is correct, i wouldnt want an A/C'd 8x8 welding room with all the air blowing round in my tig area, trying to blow out Argon coverage. But thats just me.
My Website: www.powersimagery.com
My Job: Vegas Magazine | Retna LTD | Tao/Lavo/Marquee Las Vegas
Old 08-17-2008, 09:18 PM
Driven Concepts

Originally Posted by manifoldmike
i feel like i'm digging myself a hole here. i'm going to try to stay out of this for now. if anyone has any questions please pm me or email me at mikey@drivenconcepts.net.

i'll be reading, so i'll try to respond through pm.
an honest man stands up and speaks in public when he knows he is right.
but a smart man sits down when he has no legs to stand on.
Old 08-18-2008, 03:25 AM
TR Balla Donor Supreme

Originally Posted by back2Nissan
The owner's of DC should be on here communicating to the "lost" customers and giving status updates to the general public to control the rumors and speculations. I don't think this thread would have been as detrimental to DC as it has been.
I feel the same way. I think if they had popped in right away and posted up an update, this would be a non issue. It's a classic case of not knowing how to manage customer relations. These people cant get answers on the phone, so came here to ask questions and so I'm not about to close this down because I think they deserve answers.