General Car Chat Talk about cars in general. All makes and models - strictly car discussion.

ATTN: Joe Dono AKA SCP_Celica SCAMMER

Old 08-13-2008, 01:01 PM
doowutchyalike

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

/\ Boy this is really mature for all the guests to see...take it to PM if ya wanna bicker, like the Admins said , leave this for the situation at hand please,, its as simple as that....

(C)lassic (A)merican (P)erformance (R)acing (I)nspired
Old 08-13-2008, 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by DC5_babe
i want to send him pen and paper so i can get his autograph and hang it on my wall!

Nah dont do that...You'd never see your pen and paper back...he'd just scam you out of them. Throwing some line like hey he needs 40 cents for a postage stamp....and then something about being too busy...and then you'll ask him later....and he'll say he needs like 38 cents...for a stamp....cuz he's got a few pennies saved....then he'd drop off the face of the earth....then he'd say hey I sent it to you....then make up some excuse that you lost the autograph or it got damaged or lost in the mail.

Just get the guys from japworks to pose for a picture in front of the celica and autogragh that instead....
Cuz it'll look trick!
Old 08-13-2008, 01:02 PM

To ImportGuy- YOU ARE A SUCKER! How do you let the bill climb to 16K and work on a car for 4 1/2 months without anything but materials cost? How much $$ do you think Celica owners have? $16,000!? Dont you think they would have purchased a nicer car?

I personally hope you learn an expensive lesson. It's companies like yours that take these exact hits and then pass the bill on to your next customers. Learn how to operate a business....fast, no sympathy here.
Old 08-13-2008, 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by Cornwalace
RECAP

If I missed a few parts, feel free to correct me anyone.
Nice job! I'd add at least a sentence or two mentioning his prior record with these scumbag moves. Something like, "When word of this attempt to scam JAP Works got out, several people from the community recognized Mr. Dono as the perpetrator of prior scams -- for example, taking payment on auctioned items without ever sending them. (insert other instances here)" Or something like that. Define the character.

Originally Posted by Wakeup
Nah dont do that...You'd never see your pen and paper back...he'd just scam you out of them. Throwing some line like hey he needs 40 cents for a postage stamp....and then something about being too busy...and then you'll ask him later....and he'll say he needs like 38 cents...for a stamp....cuz he's got a few pennies saved....then he'd drop off the face of the earth....then he'd say hey I sent it to you....then make up some excuse that you lost the autograph or it got damaged or lost in the mail.

Just get the guys from japworks to pose for a picture in front of the celica and autogragh that instead....
Cuz it'll look trick!
i worked on the doors so i should be in it as well.
and if this makes me an attention whore...then SO BE IT!

checkin from blog.stot.net

I dropped $50 off at the paypal addy, in hopes that beating this scammer will help deter future scams. It is a shame that an honest individual starting a dream business can get ruined buy a punk scammer like this. I am a freelance designer, and I feel aaron's pain. When you are starting out, sometimes you don't make the conservative business decision, but it is those decisions that can make (or brake) your business.

Starting out I took some jobs that I could have, or should have gotten paid more for, but took them anyway as a show piece to get business rolling. When you have a passion for something, sometimes taking that chance turns out to be the best decision in the end. I have no doubt that JAPworks will learn from this and turn out to be better and smarter for going through this.

As for Joe, I only have one thing to say and it should be obvious. Hopefully one day you will realize the damage that you have caused by all of this. This is not a game anymore. You have ruined a few peoples livelyhood, you gave your mom a heart attack, and you'll never be able to get a respectable job in your life...all for a 2004 automatic Celica...?
Old 08-13-2008, 01:04 PM

Originally Posted by DC5_babe
i have more right to be here than most of the people here who are being assholes to me. i have actually watched these people work on this piece of crap car for hours and days. not because i wanted to but because i enjoyed hanging out with aaron and branden.

so stfu.

It's the internet. Everyone has a right to be here. No one more so than the next. If they're your friends I'd think you'd want the support for them. Do these people have the "right" to donate money to help your friends?
Old 08-13-2008, 01:04 PM

Just remembered Friday is 2 days away. So one get the video camera for when he comes. And record the situation and then charge people per download to see it. Money in the bank.
Old 08-13-2008, 01:06 PM
FORE:sight

Very nice Recap Cornwalace. It cleared up a few grey areas in the story!

I'm going to donate a few $ when I get off work. Maybe over the next week i'll drive up and check out the shop.
Old 08-13-2008, 01:06 PM
Norm

Originally Posted by SCP Celica
Wow, this grew rather quickly. I suppose when you take thousands of people that have no life, and put them on the internet this is what happens. I will have the car by Friday afternoon. I can guarantee that 100%. Mark my word.By the way, I like all the attention this is bringing on me. Keep it up.