General Car Chat Talk about cars in general. All makes and models - strictly car discussion.

ATTN: Joe Dono AKA SCP_Celica SCAMMER

Old 08-13-2008, 02:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thinking about the whole Ocala cop thing...anyone watch Burn Notice?

I wouldn't put it past this kid to bring a fake cop / lawyer / judge / mayor / governor with him to your shop.

He's a lot of things, but stupid isn't one of them. Its a shame he couldn't use his smarts and energy for something good...

Toby

BlackDog Racing
BlackDog Speed Shop

Lincolnshire, IL

Old 08-13-2008, 02:27 PM
Wide Open and Sideways!

Do something with this and "Mark my Werdz"

Old 08-13-2008, 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by TJElite
I wouldn't put it past this kid to bring a fake cop / lawyer / judge / mayor / governor with him to your shop.

He's a lot of things, but stupid isn't one of them.
Umm, I can't say I follow your logic on that one.

He's dumb as a bag of hammers -- he's ruined his life over $16k by threatening strangers on the internet for no reason!

And if he thinks he's smart enough to bring an actor dressed as a cop to a legal confrontation, he and his actor friend will probably go upstate on Grand Theft Auto, Impersonating a Peace Officer, etc.

And in prison, he'll be the pie.
Old 08-13-2008, 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by TJElite
Thinking about the whole Ocala cop thing...anyone watch Burn Notice?

He's a lot of things, but stupid isn't one of them. Its a shame he couldn't use his smarts and energy for something good...

Toby
Oh I had to sign up JUST to respond to this one.
Toby's got a good point. You should get as much info from the supposed law enforcement agent(s) that show up so you can call them on their legitimacy. I'm pretty sure that "impersonation of an officer" is a very naughty no-no. I'd suggest some form of video survalence that helps to clearly identify them if needed.

Oh, and checking in from SOTSyndicate.com
Old 08-13-2008, 02:36 PM

donating $50 - perhaps if im ever in your area i can visit the shop and maybe you guys can hook me up with an oil change and idle chit chat!! good luck good bros!!
Old 08-13-2008, 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by w4lker
Umm, I can't say I follow your logic on that one.

He's dumb as a bag of hammers -- he's ruined his life over $16k by threatening strangers on the internet for no reason!

And if he thinks he's smart enough to bring an actor dressed as a cop to a legal confrontation, he and his actor friend will probably go upstate on Grand Theft Auto, Impersonating a Peace Officer, etc.

And in prison, he'll be the pie.
Ruining lives makes him a scum bag, not a dumb scum bag. He's smart enough to have pulled off many other scams, and got further on this one than he should have. Not bashing Japworks, but he obviously smoothed talked them quite a bit. Stupid doesn't do that. He also raised the issue of the work order...that was most likely premeditated...again, not stupid. Then there is the whole fake photo thing...doesn't take a rocket scientist, but it does take someone above average.

I'll bet if you could get the details of every one of his scams, you'd see him getting smarter on each one.

I was semi kidding about the cop thing, but I'll bet no one at Japworks called the OPD to verify the legitimacy of the cop...and I wouldn't have either.

I'm just saying, this kid ain't stupid, and might try just about anything. And for some reason, I doubt he's put much thought into the actual prison part...bad guys never think they'll get caught. I'm hoping he gets to learn more about it, though.

Toby

BlackDog Racing
BlackDog Speed Shop

Lincolnshire, IL

Last edited by TJElite; 08-13-2008 at 02:44 PM.
Old 08-13-2008, 02:41 PM
doowutchyalike

Originally Posted by importguy1208
Done!

Importguy, I sent you $10 to your Pay Pal. Its not much but itll add up with all the other help your getting. G/L man

(C)lassic (A)merican (P)erformance (R)acing (I)nspired
Old 08-13-2008, 02:44 PM

Here from Mitsubishi-Forums.com Spreading the word and sending over what ever is in my paypal balance.
Old 08-13-2008, 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by SCP Celica
Wow, this grew rather quickly. I suppose when you take thousands of people that have no life, and put them on the internet this is what happens. I will have the car by Friday afternoon. I can guarantee that 100%. Mark my word.By the way, I like all the attention this is bringing on me. Keep it up.
May I ask why you appreciate this attention? What do you expect to gain from this type of notoriety?

I've posted this link before, but here's a Google search for your name:
joe dono - Google Search
joseph dono - Google Search

For the rest of your life, everyone will know what you did here. It's a universal practice at this point for any employer or person who does business with you to punch your name into an internet search, and this is what they'll find.

Even if you were to get your car back and wind up with no financial obligation to JapWorks whatsoever, you've still lost. The dollar amount of this car is insignificant compared with your future lost earning potential.

The only possible way out is to pay up and apologize, but I'm guessing you're not going to do that.
Old 08-13-2008, 02:50 PM
Official Photo Ninja

Lotus Esprit, Chrysler PT Cruiser, Tuned Celica Scam, Audi R8 Spyder, Porsche Turbo - Fast Lane Daily - 13Aug08 | Fast Lane Daily - Auto News. Fast Cars. Fast and Fresh. Every day.

Just posting it from like 40 ago

Official Photographer of Festivals of Speed St. Pete, Orlando, & Miami.

Canon 7D..Stepped up my Game