General Car Chat Talk about cars in general. All makes and models - strictly car discussion.

ATTN: Joe Dono AKA SCP_Celica SCAMMER

Old 08-13-2008, 03:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When I started reading it was at 82 pages (started at 55 since that's where the thread ended last time) and now it's at 89 ...

I would get you to do something simple with my car so you can get in money.
But one problem.
I live in Sweden ...
Old 08-13-2008, 03:36 PM
Banned

thats crazy what a fagot!
Old 08-13-2008, 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by XDoctor
Hey guys, I joined just to write this single post in this thread. Its been linked to over at AR15.com.

Has anyone considered that this may be just another scam by that same kid? It has all the marks of a great con. Someone is in trouble, ruined by no fault of their own. They're trying to make it right but its taking some time and seems difficult. Suddenly he can't afford to put an attourney on retainer and starts taking donations. There's a great sob story, complete with a neglected newborn baby, house going to be repossessed and business going under. Can't sell the car because the lien isn't through yet, and he has apparently not done any other business in the last four and a half months to help keep the doors open. Employees, business partners and even family members of the bad guy show up, oddly enough, making some of the same grammatical errors in their corroboration to the story.

Then suddenly, a paypal account appears and people start dumping cash into it. Sounds like a good plan to me.

Then again, I may be all wet.
maybe if no one knew who the shop owner was, but thats not the case

Old 08-13-2008, 03:39 PM
TR Balla Donor Supreme

Hey guys, I joined just to write this single post in this thread. Its been linked to over at AR15.com.

Has anyone considered that this may be just another scam by that same kid? It has all the marks of a great con. Someone is in trouble, ruined by no fault of their own. They're trying to make it right but its taking some time and seems difficult. Suddenly he can't afford to put an attourney on retainer and starts taking donations. There's a great sob story, complete with a neglected newborn baby, house going to be repossessed and business going under. Can't sell the car because the lien isn't through yet, and he has apparently not done any other business in the last four and a half months to help keep the doors open. Employees, business partners and even family members of the bad guy show up, oddly enough, making some of the same grammatical errors in their corroboration to the story.

Then suddenly, a paypal account appears and people start dumping cash into it. Sounds like a good plan to me.

skepticism is healthy and cool but JAP Works is a local shop and legit. The paypal wasnt JAP Works idea, was an idea posted on this thread.
Old 08-13-2008, 03:42 PM
I ride a Photo Chopper

That, my friend, is FAIL... not as bad a FAIL as Joe Dono, but a FAIL nonetheless...

I am not local to the forum, but I can pretty much guarantee that the story about the economic hardships is not a fake... besides, some people here besides family members knows these guys who did the work...
Old 08-13-2008, 03:43 PM

Originally Posted by The Manalishi
Checking in from LS1tech. I hope the douchenozzle gets what he deserves. Good luck to Japworks.
Damn I didn't see it on LS1tech yet.
Old 08-13-2008, 03:44 PM

Make a movie about it why don't you.
Old 08-13-2008, 03:45 PM
I ride a Photo Chopper

Originally Posted by Hoosier Daddy
Make a movie about it why don't you.
Joe Dono goes to Guantanamo Bay?
Old 08-13-2008, 03:47 PM

are you kidding ? seriously .
from what i can tell, japworks is a credible business, and if this whole paypal thing was just a scam, i'm sure this thread wouldn't be even 1/2 as big of a deal is it is, esp. when radio stations and possibly news stations have been picking up the story .
Old 08-13-2008, 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by Zate
skepticism is healthy and cool but JAP Works is a local shop and legit. The paypal wasnt JAP Works idea, was an idea posted on this thread.
He's legit. I just left him $50. Then I thought crap! I should have left him $60 for the down payment.