General Car Chat Talk about cars in general. All makes and models - strictly car discussion.

ATTN: Joe Dono AKA SCP_Celica SCAMMER

Old 08-13-2008, 05:49 PM
formerly 'RiceRocket'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Let's just all admit that it's a small shop, that has learned a new business lesson. They aren't some huge shop , with 6 bays, 3 lifts, a dyno, and a million in inventory. Just a couple of friends trying to make it as entrepreneurs in an industry that they enjoy.

It happens.

1953 Cadillac Coupe De Ville (Fuel Injected, Drive-by-wire, DoD)
2009 Pontiac G8 GT (6.0l V8 Sleeper)
2011 Toyota Sequoia Sport 4x4 (Tow Rig)
My Blog: www.HotRodCaddy.com
Old 08-13-2008, 05:49 PM
Wide Open and Sideways!

Well sorry but the picture has been rehosted elsewhere several times and has been included in a video or two too so it is now permanently out there on the internet. I can have it deleted off the jap works site but it isn't going to do much good ultimately
Old 08-13-2008, 05:51 PM
doowutchyalike

Originally Posted by _Charles_
Let's just all admit that it's a small shop, that has learned a new business lesson. They aren't some huge shop , with 6 bays, 3 lifts, a dyno, and a million in inventory. Just a couple of friends trying to make it as entrepreneurs in an industry that they enjoy.

It happens.

+1.

Lets keep this thread on track, all this bickering crap isnt helping anything.

(C)lassic (A)merican (P)erformance (R)acing (I)nspired
Old 08-13-2008, 05:53 PM

Originally Posted by _Charles_

It happens.
Yes, this is true. However, it seems that relying on random internet donations to cover your business inadequacies doesn't seem like the best strategy.
Old 08-13-2008, 05:53 PM

Originally Posted by importguy1208
Well sorry but the picture has been rehosted elsewhere several times and has been included in a video or two too so it is now permanently out there on the internet. I can have it deleted off the jap works site but it isn't going to do much good ultimately

Why would we want to eliminate sexy from the website? You may be asked to pose on a calander because of this!
Old 08-13-2008, 05:54 PM

well i just got wind of the fastlanedaily vid . Saw it and it was hilarious.

This is getting huge! Its even made it to saudi arabia lol ..
Old 08-13-2008, 05:56 PM

couldn't find anything on Facebook
ssssoooo
I took it upon myself to...
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=34446815630

If link doesnt work search "JAP Works Scammer: Joe Dono"

join the group, invite others, let people know about this. Lets all do our part to stop not just Joe Dono, but all scammers. I am sick and tired of logging onto my boards just to read another thread about someone getting scammed. Let this be a lesson to scammers everywhere.

Last edited by notslow; 08-13-2008 at 06:14 PM.

Originally Posted by ConfuzedMember
Yes, this is true. However, it seems that relying on random internet donations to cover your business inadequacies doesn't seem like the best strategy.

no one is releying on anything. the donations where offered. the shop has been paid for out of pocket by the owners for everything. this kid screwed them out of a lot of money which would make it hard for any new business to recover from. much less while trying to sue said kid.
formerly 'RiceRocket'

But it wasn't at their request. TampaRacing members ASKED for a place where we could send money to help them. You see, Tampa Racing is family, and we stick together. We would be supporting this shop even if this wasn't an EPIC thread, and all these new members and visitors were not here.

Pay it forward....

1953 Cadillac Coupe De Ville (Fuel Injected, Drive-by-wire, DoD)
2009 Pontiac G8 GT (6.0l V8 Sleeper)
2011 Toyota Sequoia Sport 4x4 (Tow Rig)
My Blog: www.HotRodCaddy.com

Last edited by _Charles_; 08-13-2008 at 05:58 PM.
Old 08-13-2008, 05:57 PM

I was linked to this from AR15.com, and I am confused about a few things. First and foremost, I will admit I was not able to complete all 90+ pages of this thread. There is simply too much nonsense and bad spelling to wade through, so I skipped ahead. In doing so, I understand I probably missed a few important aspects of what all is going on in this mess, so please bear with me.

How exactly does a business lay out this kind of custom work without any type of retainer? I mean, it defies logic that a competent business would place themselves in this sort of position, especially considering the type of clientele they serve. Its one thing to lay out this kind of work on a car that has significant value, but you're talking about $16k on a car that's barely worth $12K. I don't think there is any way, in good faith, I could forward that type of credit to anyone I didn't know extremely well, and especially not an unknown 20 year old. You place yourself at great risk doing so, and we clearly see in this thread what can happen.
As stated numerous times Small company starting up ,customer starts out with a paint job for which he puts money down,brings in some expensive parts over the period of the job and then gets belligerent when told he needs to pay labor and other parts costs ,I'm pretty sure that's summed up on the first page though?