General Car Chat Talk about cars in general. All makes and models - strictly car discussion.

ATTN: Joe Dono AKA SCP_Celica SCAMMER

Old 08-13-2008, 07:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Someone should make a wiki page on Joe Dono.
Old 08-13-2008, 07:35 PM
From JerseyGM.Org

I see a few of the other people from JGM have already checked in to this thread and with that said sending a donation on behalf of JerseyGM.Org

Good luck with it guys I hope he gets what he deserves for this.

In Loving Memory of Phil Martin December 14 2005
Old 08-13-2008, 07:38 PM

"Remember, it's not lag; it's foreplay"
Old 08-13-2008, 07:38 PM

im sorry but if someone kept giving me the impression that i was going to get the money i would finish the car as well
Old 08-13-2008, 07:39 PM
The slowest STi in the US

I just saw that and could not stop laughing...

Has anybody thought about contacting Bubba The Love Sponge on this? I'm sure he would bury this tool bag.

It's been hard to keep up with this thread. GL Japworks... You do phenomenal work.

Old 08-13-2008, 07:41 PM

Seems like the thread is starting to cool down. For now atleast. Any word of this being on the news?
Old 08-13-2008, 07:41 PM
Banned

Hey guys. I updated http://www.joedono.info and provide some info and pics pertaining to Joe Dono on the site. If you wanna simply make a thread about this theif or just need a link, all you need is joedono.info . I will be updating the page frequently as this situation progresses.

Last edited by cha0tic; 08-13-2008 at 07:44 PM.
Old 08-13-2008, 07:45 PM
Mazing

if 32 people do $500 worth of work at his shop, he should be on the upside of things. sending him business would probably be the best thing to do for him. that is if you prepay ofcourse lol.
Old 08-13-2008, 07:46 PM

Just got off the phone with Aaron. We are looking at putting together a BBQ and maybe a car show and car audio competition, db drag or iasca. If if cant get the local judge to help us out. I will bring my laptop and termlab (official db drag racing meter) and I will do the stereo show and give all the proceeds to aaron. If anyone knows a trophy shop or has trophies to donate that would be awesome, and it would help me offset some costs.

If I can put together this car audio competition, how many of you guys would be interested in running, and how much should I charge. The normal entry fee for a db drag event is $20, is that cool, or should I charge less? Like I said, all proceeds will go directly to aaron and japworks. Also depending on the location will we need to get a sound ordiance, which here in gainesville was $100 last time we got one.

Thanks,

Shawn Fleming
Old 08-13-2008, 07:46 PM
formerly 'RiceRocket'

Originally Posted by Aphex
Right, but you should have said no to the donations. It's your mistake. Deal with it.
This can go 1 of 2 ways...

#1: The shop holds the highground, denies donations, and tries to do this themselves. In the process, they loose there business, there homes, there livelihood. Without a business, there is nobody to pay for the modifications, and the car might be returned to Joe. (not sure how a mechanics lein would be effected by a bankrupt or closed shop).

#2: The "Community" sees to it that the shop receives proper representation so that a scammer (and not a first time scammer mind you), learns a lesson that he will never forget.

there is no right or wrong...we are in a grey area when dealing with this, but we live in a democracy, where the majority make the laws and the decisions, and at this point, WE are the majority, and we want to see this kid punished.

If the shop does not have $1000 for the retainer by 5pm tomorrow, I will donate the difference. We are at what? $775 so far, only $225 to go.

Teach this kid and future scammers that this will NOT be tolerated in our community.

Charles

1953 Cadillac Coupe De Ville (Fuel Injected, Drive-by-wire, DoD)
2009 Pontiac G8 GT (6.0l V8 Sleeper)
2011 Toyota Sequoia Sport 4x4 (Tow Rig)
My Blog: www.HotRodCaddy.com