General Car Chat Talk about cars in general. All makes and models - strictly car discussion.

ATTN: Joe Dono AKA SCP_Celica SCAMMER

Old 08-13-2008, 08:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation

This certainly is a popular subject... In a matter of 24 hours this is the www.japworks.com site stats..

Unique...visitors...number of visits...Pages.......Hits.....Bandwidth Traffic 2461......2777..........19132.......136881...49.29per ....861.80 MB

So the word is getting out there rapidly
Old 08-13-2008, 08:12 PM

Originally Posted by _Charles_
This can go 1 of 2 ways...

#1: The shop holds the highground, denies donations, and tries to do this themselves. In the process, they loose there business, there homes, there livelihood. Without a business, there is nobody to pay for the modifications, and the car might be returned to Joe. (not sure how a mechanics lein would be effected by a bankrupt or closed shop).

#2: The "Community" sees to it that the shop receives proper representation so that a scammer (and not a first time scammer mind you), learns a lesson that he will never forget.

there is no right or wrong...we are in a grey area when dealing with this, but we live in a democracy, where the majority make the laws and the decisions, and at this point, WE are the majority, and we want to see this kid punished.

If the shop does not have $1000 for the retainer by 5pm tomorrow, I will donate the difference. We are at what? $775 so far, only $225 to go.

Teach this kid and future scammers that this will NOT be tolerated in our community.

Charles
Can we find an attorney to donate their time to this shop?
Old 08-13-2008, 08:12 PM

Aaron, don't listen to any of these negative on the donation guy's. If I (and I am sure others will agree) truely cared what you did with this money we wouldn't be sending it your way.

Only you (people invovled) truely know where this money needs to go. I am sure all can agree we just want to see it used wisely, as I am sure it will be. If you need it to keep a roof over your families head then do so, if you need it to put this guy in his place then do so.

If I were local to you, I would pull my normal strings and gets some business in the door for you. Unfortunately, I am just to far away. I am a small business man myself, I never want to see another little guy go.

Good luck, people here in Nashville, Tn are on your side.
Old 08-13-2008, 08:13 PM

read this thread thru it's entirety took about 4 hours,
i've kicked in $50.00 thru paypal, i know it's not much but after grenading my turbo it's all i can manage to do at the moment, HOWEVER, once i get my final bill i'll gladly kick you guys some more $$$$

Checking in from, Jbody.org, BCGME.ca, Cobaltss.net, Shooshforums, V6z24.com, Zenkairush.

BC canada here!
Old 08-13-2008, 08:16 PM

Originally Posted by Skittle
Wow.

To the idiots trying to flame Aaron for acceptong donations.One person did'nt say i'll donate..MANY people said,and after a few people asked he opened it up.

He has enough on his plate,don't add more to it.
why are you name calling and getting personal? It's my opinion and many others that he shouldn't have accepted the donations even if people offered. Let me repeat that... OPINION

Lots of douchebags on this forum like you.

Good luck OP. Get that POS.
Old 08-13-2008, 08:16 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by normie
This certainly is a popular subject... In a matter of 24 hours this is the www.japworks.com site stats..

Unique...visitors...number of visits...Pages.......Hits.....Bandwidth Traffic 2461......2777..........19132.......136881...49.29per ....861.80 MB

So the word is getting out there rapidly
I've had 2,000 page impressions in 20 hours time
Old 08-13-2008, 08:17 PM
formerly 'RiceRocket'

Originally Posted by shawnfleming
Just got off the phone with Aaron. We are looking at putting together a BBQ and maybe a car show and car audio competition, db drag or iasca.
Just so you know, the majority of this site is in Tampa, and G-ville is 120 miles away @ $4/gal....

How about calling up Big Daddy, and using his place. He's had a few gatherings there... It's closer to tampa...

1953 Cadillac Coupe De Ville (Fuel Injected, Drive-by-wire, DoD)
2009 Pontiac G8 GT (6.0l V8 Sleeper)
2011 Toyota Sequoia Sport 4x4 (Tow Rig)
My Blog: www.HotRodCaddy.com
Old 08-13-2008, 08:18 PM

Originally Posted by normie
Shawn, get in touch with me.. I can get you some trophies/goodies for the BBQ..
PM sent, thank you.
Old 08-13-2008, 08:19 PM

If an attorneys office wants to donate their time, this will make for some great publicity and advertising for them. Does anyone know of anyone who would do that?
Old 08-13-2008, 08:20 PM

Just donated what I could! Also someone with a uf account needs to add a definition to: Urban Dictionary: joe dono