General Car Chat Talk about cars in general. All makes and models - strictly car discussion.

ATTN: Joe Dono AKA SCP_Celica SCAMMER

Old 08-13-2008, 11:05 PM
Android Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Arkaneinc
Finally got caught back up.

We still taking bets on the whole "Mark my Werdz" Picking the Car up Friday thing?....
It's going to be hard when the car isn't there anymore
Old 08-13-2008, 11:05 PM
Boom Chackalacka

Originally Posted by Arkaneinc
Finally got caught back up.

We still taking bets on the whole "Mark my Werdz" Picking the Car up Friday thing?....
I got 16k on JAPWORKS.COM If I loose, I'll have to give you $60 and work something out, ok?
Old 08-13-2008, 11:07 PM

Hi checking in from NC.org, Yea i have a celica, and i gotta say this whole things kinda embarrasses the celica community. I hope you guys get this Joe Dono guy good. Out of all the epic threads this one is a little bit different because of the whole donation thing. Dont get me wrong i totally support it. Its just that this kind of this sparks a new way of scamming. I mean any shop can now fake a story on a forum about a big scam and people will be willing to donate. I just think after this whole thing is over. Shops should be more responsible to let anything like this happen ever again.
Old 08-13-2008, 11:12 PM

Originally Posted by agnu
Hi checking in from NC.org, Yea i have a celica, and i gotta say this whole things kinda embarrasses the celica community. I hope you guys get this Joe Dono guy good. Out of all the epic threads this one is a little bit different because of the whole donation thing. Dont get me wrong i totally support it. Its just that this kind of this sparks a new way of scamming. I mean any shop can now fake a story on a forum about a big scam and people will be willing to donate. I just think after this whole thing is over. Shops should be more responsible to let anything like this happen ever again.
I hear you. It's a little bit different in my opinion because the OP didn't want the donations to begin with. He came out and basically told everyone look this is what happened and hope it doesn't happen to anyone else. He then went to find out what he could do and whatnot. I've read all 100+ pages and the message is pretty loud and clear the OP did not want the donations. The online community wants this kid to be Owned so that's what we are donating for.

After this is all over and done with. Google will most likely link back here any time some one enters "scam" into the search field.

I do understand how you drew your conclusion and can respect that. Now if the OP doesn't learn from this mistake after all is said and done that is a diffrent story....
Old 08-13-2008, 11:16 PM

Arkaneinc thanks for understanding, and trust me i support the donations one hundred percent , i mean this joe dono guys been scamming on our celica website for a long time. Id love to see him go down. I just hope this never happens again- and by that we can help by spreading the word, which is see is no problem for this thread haha. I wish you guys the best of luck, o and to Joe Dono.... get a manuel 6sp bitch.
Old 08-13-2008, 11:21 PM

NewCelica.org Forum - View Single Post - no2_stk is a SCAMMER

dont worry bout it one day hill scam the wrong person and end up learning his lesson and always be looking over his shoulder
Old 08-13-2008, 11:22 PM

Arkaneinc thanks for understanding, and trust me i support the donations one hundred percent , i mean this joe dono guys been scamming on our celica website for a long time. Id love to see him go down. I just hope this never happens again- and by that we can help by spreading the word, which is see is no problem for this thread haha. I wish you guys the best of luck, o and to Joe Dono.... get a manuel 6sp bitch.
no problem with you there. Just put "Joe Dono" into google with out quotes 531,000 hits. We need to mass produce shirts that say something like "Epic Fail" worse scammer or whatever and have the Joedono.info
link and a pic of the car. I'd snatch a few up.

"Friends don't let friends get scammed"
Old 08-13-2008, 11:26 PM

Its just that this kind of this sparks a new way of scamming. I mean any shop can now fake a story on a forum about a big scam and people will be willing to donate. I just think after this whole thing is over. Shops should be more responsible to let anything like this happen ever again.
Could at some point someone try and use this "M O " to scam cash,possibly ,but it wouldn't get far IMO.Its because J D has such an extensive career of doing this that people are willing to Donate (it was their own idea) to end this guys tactics as much as its to help out the good guys.
Old 08-13-2008, 11:26 PM
Wide Open and Sideways!

Do you think I could fake Joe's history on other web sites? Or seriously incriminate myself over what? A $1,000?

This is something that people looked at, saw what was happening, read what LOTS of other people had to say on LOTS of other forums, and then due to the grave nature of the situation people felt compelled to donate.

If I had come on here saying, "Yo TR give me money, I made a big mistake and now I want you to cover my ass!" I really don't think anyone would have given me a dime.

My point in starting this thread was to alert people of Joe Dono and his scamming practices. I wasn't looking for support, I simply wanted to get the story out there. No different to me than posting an ad in the paper and just letting people know he is not to be trusted.

Am I saying that I don't think other shops might not be as honest and try to scam people out of money with bogus stories? Absolutely not, I totally believe that someone may try to pull this off but as a scam.

But I think that if anything, this thread is something that people should pay attention to and remember that there are scammers out there that can talk to you and make you feel like you are laying in bed with satin sheets and a beautiful man/woman/dog/goat whatever laying next to you when in actuality you are laying in the middle of a desert road on the hottest day of the year with no water for miles.

If anything let my mistake be a lesson to everyone that views this thread that just because it looks like a deal doesn't mean it is. Always check, double check, and triple check if need be.

I'm going to get off my soap box now.

Thanks to everyone that has contributed in any and every way possible!
Old 08-13-2008, 11:27 PM
Boom Chackalacka

Originally Posted by shawnfleming
Im confused, did I say something wrong?
No. I'll reword to be clear. People like you. Business' like yours (people like you) are the reason I still enjoy going out and meting people in this scene. I think its fucking awesome that you guys are doing that. I guarantee I'll look you guys up when I'm ready to put a radio in my Supra

Thank you for coming out and giving support.

Last edited by pheobo; 08-13-2008 at 11:33 PM.