General Car Chat Talk about cars in general. All makes and models - strictly car discussion.

ATTN: Joe Dono AKA SCP_Celica SCAMMER

Old 08-14-2008, 08:03 AM
awdjake

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cereal1klr
:rofl: Yea, I found it right after I posted it so I deleted my post. I just found out I'm half-retarded.

Nice car. I see we have similar taste.
wow very nice! anything done to it? shes a beauty! i was debating over a while between white and blue. they look so nice in white with the gold rims.

Old 08-14-2008, 08:04 AM

Stage II at the moment with tooooons of things waiting to go on. Waiting until I get wheels before I go for broke and put everything on at once.
Old 08-14-2008, 08:04 AM

Checking in from Michigan and MotownMuscle.com
Old 08-14-2008, 08:05 AM
awdjake

Originally Posted by cereal1klr
Stage II at the moment with tooooons of things waiting to go on. Waiting until I get wheels before I go for broke and put everything on at once.
looks great either way! rep 4 u

Old 08-14-2008, 08:08 AM
SLEEPERS FTW!!

ok so i talked to Jabberjaw's father I gave him the cliff notes and the paypal address. He told me that when she gets home he will tell her, so hopefully she will come talk to me.

Originally Posted by Lancerman
Yeah, I like the yellow car, I take it to return movies every once in a while.
LGPHOTOGRAPHY on FLICKR
NIKON USER D60 BABY!!
Originally Posted by Hoosier Daddy
oh g'damnit I always end up in the Nikon user's sigs.
Old 08-14-2008, 08:09 AM

Originally Posted by lefty2326
looks great either way! rep 4 u
Thanks! Reciprocated.

Edit: Sorry for the thread hi-jack. Back to the matter at hand.

Last edited by cereal1klr; 08-14-2008 at 08:21 AM.
Old 08-14-2008, 08:27 AM
Bootz wit da Fir

Originally Posted by gatrhumpy
It was one of the owners who took on the job. He initially got a small sum of money from the kid, and then took on the job. Ultimately, the shop owner made a small mistake in not getting more of a deposit, but that's hindsight, because the kid wanted more and more stuff done to his car. The shop owner should have taken a deposit for every thing that was done over the long run, but believed the kid. It was the kid who screwed himself and the shop owner by taking advantage of the guy.

He's been in business a fair number of years, so to say that he doesn't know how to run a business is unfair to him because you (or I) don't know him.
That's not really a small mistake, that's a pretty huge mistake to let him rack up a 16000 bill without much in the way of deposits. I am pretty sure the owner knows how big of a mistake it is now.

I don't know him, the only facts I have on the case is the same as everyone else viewing this board has based on the business owner's side of the story. The first thread said he continued to do it because he believed the kid had the money and his shop could really use the cash, which made me believe he was really desperate for cash if he believed the grandfather BS. The story in his own words doesn't really make me feel sorry for him. The dude got easily hussled.

Good luck to japworks on trying to rectify the mistake, I doubt they will get any sort of compensation from the kid. I forsee bankruptcy in the kid's future and the financial institution that mom used for the lien on the car will try to repo it. That is going to make an interesting legal situation. This will probably end up in limbo for years. Hurting japworks more than anyone really. At least they will get some cheap advertising for all their troubles.
Old 08-14-2008, 08:30 AM
^^ Hates Freeloaders

Originally Posted by cha0tic
^ +1 I'm off about 20 pages I'll read it tonite at work while getting paid
Thats exactly what Im doing right now. Just got about 13 more pages to read and Ill be caught up lol.

Last edited by Smawg Z33; 08-14-2008 at 11:00 AM. Reason: Just made it here and saw I cant spell haha
Old 08-14-2008, 08:35 AM
JAPWorks.com Sponsor

Any other people that know people in the media, news, radio, internet radio, what have you that could spread the word let me know. I will be sure to have credits on japworks.com to all those that have made it a point to help in getting this story out to the masses.

This should be a worldwide media frenzy.
Old 08-14-2008, 08:36 AM
I ride a Photo Chopper

Originally Posted by reactortrip
That's not really a small mistake, that's a pretty huge mistake to let him rack up a 16000 bill without much in the way of deposits. I am pretty sure the owner knows how big of a mistake it is now...
The kid kept giving bullshit stories on how he was going to get the money and how his Grandpa is "old school" and didn't want to pay a deposit just to have the car pushed into a corner to sit for a while...

Joe Dono is more than a scammer, he is a Con man... not a very good one, but a con man nonetheless...