General Car Chat Talk about cars in general. All makes and models - strictly car discussion.

ATTN: Joe Dono AKA SCP_Celica SCAMMER

Old 08-14-2008, 08:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

that sucks and all what happened to japworks.....but the owners are idiots for doing that much work and not having him pay as they went along for the parts just to take some kids word that he will have his grandpa pay them after its all done is the stupidest thing i have ever heard......but guess that happens when you deal with stupid ricers
Old 08-14-2008, 08:48 AM

Donation sent via Paypal, I hope you take this turd burglar for all he's worth.

Good luck guys.
Old 08-14-2008, 08:49 AM

well it looks like this thread has jumped the shark I'll be one the way back to pirate 4x4 make sure a resolution gets spread around as much as the original problem. I wanna see how this turns out

Last edited by Jeepin; 08-14-2008 at 08:55 AM.
Old 08-14-2008, 08:49 AM

Just checking in from AllFordMustangs.com.......http://www.allfordmustangs.com/forum...et-pwnage.html

Saw this thread yesterday and have been following it ever since. All 114 pages.

Japworks.....Good luck. I hope you guys can keep your head above water long enough to bury this idiot and get your money.
I applaud the TR family for stepping up and helping these guys out.

Joe....I and the rest of the internet world are anxiously awaiting tomorrow so we can all watch you bury yourself. If I were you, I'd go home right now and slap your mom for not keeping her legs closed 22 years ago.

Last edited by rj8806; 08-14-2008 at 09:05 AM.
Old 08-14-2008, 08:51 AM
No more Vtec!

everytime i sign off TR, I come back to having to read another 15-20 pages to get caught up!!! i feel like a computer junkie now! 1 day before Friday...."Mark My Word" LOL!!!!

Old 08-14-2008, 08:51 AM
Comprehensive

Originally Posted by RebelGTP
The kid kept giving bullshit stories on how he was going to get the money and how his Grandpa is "old school" and didn't want to pay a deposit just to have the car pushed into a corner to sit for a while
Well, gee, that's when you push the car into a corner to sit for awhile (until more money is brought in) and say, "How's that grab ya?"

Who the hell continues to work on a car to that extent without $200+ payments coming every week from the customer. Retarded BIG mistake as a business. It sucks that some people have to learn the hard way.

I hope it all works out in the end for japworks.
Old 08-14-2008, 08:58 AM
Awesome User

Originally Posted by ANTSOFTYR
ABC Action News said they planned to have a story about it.

Anyone who has a problem with people donating to this man, for ANY reason, can lick the collective balls of those who know that the donations prove there still is some good left in this world. Many of us have given that spare penny at the gas station, not knowing where it would go or how it would be used, and it's okay...but to donate to an organization that was just scammed hardcore? Oh no, that's just offering handouts! Double-standard much?

Did he really give his mother a heart attack?
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

-R. J. Wiedemann Lt Col. USMC Ret.
Old 08-14-2008, 09:03 AM

Originally Posted by reactortrip
That's not really a small mistake, that's a pretty huge mistake to let him rack up a 16000 bill without much in the way of deposits. I am pretty sure the owner knows how big of a mistake it is now.

Good luck to japworks on trying to rectify the mistake, I doubt they will get any sort of compensation from the kid. I forsee bankruptcy in the kid's future and the financial institution that mom used for the lien on the car will try to repo it. That is going to make an interesting legal situation. This will probably end up in limbo for years. Hurting japworks more than anyone really. At least they will get some cheap advertising for all their troubles.
I don't think anyone here is trying to say that Japworks did everything right and that this kid is a super crafty con artist. It sounds like he has spent a large portion of his young life scamming though.

The point of the donations and the help coming out on this board is a sign that people are getting fed up with scammers. I donated in the hopes that this would help in the fight against scamming and to call one out in hopes that it is a lesson learned.

I don't know a single person involved in this situation, but I feel it is my responsibility as a car enthusiast to do what I can to help japworks beat this kid. I am in socal, but if I was closer I would offer time and work to the cause, but if there is something someone from the left coast can do to help, let me know!
Old 08-14-2008, 09:09 AM
Boom Chackalacka

Originally Posted by rckrlld
Found his myspace

www.myspace.com/SPC_Celica
OMG... I felt like a fag from the movie waiting... Kick me in the ASS for clicking it!
Old 08-14-2008, 09:17 AM

www.celicatech.com checking in.

Get the bastard.

OH, and Ricksta, blow me.