General Car Chat Talk about cars in general. All makes and models - strictly car discussion.

ATTN: Joe Dono AKA SCP_Celica SCAMMER

Old 08-14-2008, 02:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think that what these guys need more than money is BUSINESS!

Everyone in the area should flood them with work orders -- whatever you want done to your rides, either now or in the future, go down and sign a work order at Japworks!

Work Orders aren't cash, but being booked solid for 6 months is way more important to these guys than $1000 cash or whatever. They might even be able to show all that work to the bank, and their landlord, and get a little bit of leniency on payments too.

Thinking of getting paint work done? Go to Japworks. Thinking of getting motor work done? Go to Japworks! That's the greatest way to support a business in its' time of need!!
Old 08-14-2008, 02:16 PM
No more Vtec!

+1 on that....i agree...i already shot them an email for some custom header work i want done!

Old 08-14-2008, 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by ARFcomBlows
For anyone reading something by XDoctor or whatever from AR15.com pay no attention to anyone posting from there. They are a bunch of Larue blowing security guards that think they are tacitcool with all the crap they buy and put on their "duty" weapons.

F arfcom and its kool-aid drinking followers.

Just like not everyone who is into the import scene is like that scum Joe Dono, don't judge everyone from AR15.com by just that 1 person

There is quite a bit of history of previous people on AR15.com making up all kinds of bull-crap to make us skeptical. I could write a novel, but will skip that for now

I heard about this by someone posting it over in AR15.com. Let's just get along, ok?

Last edited by 2008_HondaAccord; 08-14-2008 at 02:34 PM.
Old 08-14-2008, 02:35 PM

Any developments on the BBQ? Do we know where this will be, when it will be, any pricing etc? The more details I can get the better. If any other events related to the JAP Works scam are organized by any companies anywhere please let me know so I can post details on teh Facebook group page. This can hopefully help drive more traffic to your events and fundraisers. Feel free to PM me details, thanks

-Kev
Old 08-14-2008, 02:47 PM

in related news....
Joe has seized second and fifth places on Google search of 'epic ownage'. Common guys lets get him 1st place, he deserves it.

http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&cl...G=Search&meta=

Last edited by chi town brat; 08-14-2008 at 04:05 PM.
Old 08-14-2008, 03:09 PM
TR Balla Donor Supreme

I always could tell this kid was a idiot. I hope he gets it hard

1998 crv daily beater
Old 08-14-2008, 03:10 PM

What a loser. I hope the shop is able to sell the car and pull through. This story made it's way over to my site, www.american-muscle.net.

After reading about it, I put up an article on the front page of my site, along with information on how to donate to the shop. Good luck with everything. Joe Dono will get what's coming to him, and it won't be the car.
Old 08-14-2008, 03:16 PM

Default Ensuring Prosecution

Hi

I linked over to this thread from Autoblog. After reading the synopsis on the first page and scanning the pages for SCP_Celica's posts I am completely disgusted.

It goes without saying that no one but the parties directly involved truly know what is happening or has happened with this. With that said, it would seem Joe Dono has racked up enough of a track record to indicate a developed or developing sociopath / habitual criminal. I would hate to see what he graduates to if this pattern of behavior continues without serious consequences.

I do not intend to entirely pass judgement on him. He deserves his time in court. What I want to ensure though is that he gets arrested and tried.

What would be helpful is to know the names and contact information of local elected officials such as councilmen, state representatives, federal congressmen etc. By contacting these individuals "en masse" and applying pressure we can be sure law enforcement takes this kid seriously. The plague of con artists like him is hard enough to keep at bay when you don't know who they are or they are located out of US jurisdiction. Here we have a person's name, long record establishing a pattern of criminality and a record of his own admissions. Let's make sure he is made an example of.

Looking at Joe Dono - Internationally known scammer and seeing what this kid has done really made me angry. I'd like to do what I can to stop this.
Old 08-14-2008, 03:19 PM

Not sure if this was posted but check out Joe Dono's (scp celica) post on this thead,

http://www.tamparacing.com/forums/paint-body-detailing/490164-detail-thread.html

Now look at this, see anything similar (from superior shine)

Old Dog - Car Care Forums: Meguiar's Online

and

What is big and yellow, has more than 144 wheels and SHINES ?? - Car Care Forums: Meguiar's Online
Old 08-14-2008, 03:21 PM

What ever happened with the guy from the detailing business that Joe copied the website of? I remember a post saying that someone was giving him a call?

I wonder what he thought of Joe's Website?

@josh352727

Not sure if this was posted but check out Joe Dono's (scp celica) post on this thead,

http://www.tamparacing.com/forums/paint-body-detailing/490164-detail-thread.html

Now look at this, see anything similar (from superior shine)

Old Dog - Car Care Forums: Meguiar's Online

and

What is big and yellow, has more than 144 wheels and SHINES ?? - Car Care Forums: Meguiar's Online
Nice find!

Last edited by holvey; 08-14-2008 at 03:30 PM.