General Car Chat Talk about cars in general. All makes and models - strictly car discussion.

ATTN: Joe Dono AKA SCP_Celica SCAMMER

Old 08-14-2008, 03:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by josh352727
Not sure if this was posted but check out Joe Dono's (scp celica) post on this thead,

http://www.tamparacing.com/forums/paint-body-detailing/490164-detail-thread.html

Now look at this, see anything similar (from superior shine)

Old Dog - Car Care Forums: Meguiar's Online

and

What is big and yellow, has more than 144 wheels and SHINES ?? - Car Care Forums: Meguiar's Online

WOW just wow. Nice find! Ive been following this thread since the begining and it just keeps getting more rediculas. This kid is worthless. Good luck to everyone at JAP. Hope all goes well.
Old 08-14-2008, 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by importguy1208
Seriously you think a media outlet is not going to pick it up because of that but it took 125 pages of posting before someone made a single comment about it? Not to mention I haven't heard a word about it being racial anywhere else that is has been posted up including autoblog.com, fastlaindaily.com, jalopnik.com, and a few other large websites.

No media outlet picked it up because most of the general public could give a fuck about some kid getting $16k of ricer mods on his mom's Celica done by a dumb shop who thought the $400 in cash for a paint job from a 16 year old was proof that he, or his grand dad I mean, had another $15,600 in his back pocket. If it was an 80 year old trying to get an automated diaper changer installed on his electric wheel chair and Medicare wouldn't pay the bill after the work was done by some underprivileged kids on welfare, that's a little different, otherwise, not seeing it happening.
Old 08-14-2008, 03:25 PM
Thats it and thats all

lol wow this shit just dont stop his whole internet existence was lies.
Old 08-14-2008, 03:29 PM
Awesome User

I was wondering what the paypal amount is up to now?

With Friday on its way, I have a feeling that many people who are getting paid will gladly contribute. Expect a boost very soon from lots of us here, guys.
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

-R. J. Wiedemann Lt Col. USMC Ret.
Old 08-14-2008, 03:30 PM

If you guys get the donation up to $15k I'll give another $1k to make it an even $16k
Old 08-14-2008, 03:39 PM

$3 donated. Best wishes to the shop. that joe dude has reached another level of FAIL. congrats.
Old 08-14-2008, 03:42 PM
** I ♥ Old Skool **

Originally Posted by importguy1208
The unit we were wanting to move into is actually right next door to us so the move would not have been a major issue and we would have had plenty of time to do so after finishing this Celica. Now we do not have the money to sign the lease because we took that money that was set aside and invested it into getting the Celica done.

Our dilemma is that we still have to be out of our current building in the next few days, but now have no where to move into. Yes we cut this close, we thought it was a fairly safe gamble, and now we must pay the price for throwing those dice.

So JAP Works may be closed down for a few weeks, but we will come back, and be stronger than ever!
DAMN Guys, Hats off to you!!! See, This is what a real shop should be all about, "Putting the customer first"!
Unfortunately this customer screwed you royally and it would have been a better idea to throw a bit of insurance in the thought of using shop money to finish a customers car, but I guess you live and learn.

Unlike another certain Tampa Based shop that is under a lot of scrutiny right now, It is nice to see proof of a group of guys wanting to get a project done (the right way) before treating one another to frivolous amenity's such as dozens of High dollar cars/Boats/toys/Etc.

If I ever have something in mind mechanically that needs to be done, And I can't do it myself, You know Japworks will be the first ones called.
Proof is in this post, These guys aren't in anyway selfish.

So Again Guys, Mad Props To You!!!!

-Jeff

**Edit/BTW:** I just emptied out my Paypal account into your donation fund.
I realize it's not a whole lot, but hopefully it helps out a little bit.

slam.poke.drop.tuck.dope

Last edited by Outkasted24; 08-14-2008 at 03:57 PM.
Old 08-14-2008, 03:43 PM

Originally Posted by Aphex
If you guys get the donation up to $15k I'll give another $1k to make it an even $16k
I'm not sure if you read any of this thread, but the donations are for covering legal fees, to ensure Joe gets what's coming to him. After they get their mechanics lien, they are planning on auctioning off the car. And from what I read, anything they get over the money owed to them is going to charity.

Last edited by chi town brat; 08-14-2008 at 04:02 PM. Reason: part of clean up of aisle 13
Old 08-14-2008, 03:43 PM
Wide Open and Sideways!

Originally Posted by pdisme
No media outlet picked it up because most of the general public could give a fuck about some kid getting $16k of ricer mods on his mom's Celica done by a dumb shop who thought the $400 in cash for a paint job from a 16 year old was proof that he, or his grand dad I mean, had another $15,600 in his back pocket. If it was an 80 year old trying to get an automated diaper changer installed on his electric wheel chair and Medicare wouldn't pay the bill after the work was done by some underprivileged kids on welfare, that's a little different, otherwise, not seeing it happening.
Thanks for reading! No one said there was a $400 deposit. It was actually $1200 plus a computer supposed to be valued at $800 on an initial job quoted at $4100.
Old 08-14-2008, 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by drewbroo
I'm not sure if you read any of this thread, but the donations are for covering legal fees, to ensure Joe gets what's coming to him. After they get their mechanics lien, they are planning on auctioning off the car. And from what I read, anything they get over the money owed to them is going to charity.

The lein holder on the car title will likely have something to say about that; and when you get big banks involved, their big attorneys are not going to give a damn about finding the right person to buy the car who would put any value on the mods that were done, they're gonna petition the court to auction that bitch where it will sell for what any other '04 Celica would sell for which means they make back what they had into it and japworks gets screwed on what they put into it.