General Car Chat Talk about cars in general. All makes and models - strictly car discussion.

ATTN: Joe Dono AKA SCP_Celica SCAMMER

Old 08-14-2008, 05:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Will the Celica be at the BBQ? very likely that it will still be in your possession since court process will be likely lengthy.
Old 08-14-2008, 05:40 PM
TR Balla Donor Supreme

Originally Posted by cha0tic
Tonite at work I'll update the site with the current updates that has happened in past few days so people dont have to scan through the thread!
or you could have it put in the first post.
Old 08-14-2008, 05:42 PM
Tom
Strict Machine

Originally Posted by havokgroup
JapWorks.... just sent ya $250.00!
wow! Texas representing! You know what they say about Texas! lol
Old 08-14-2008, 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by Skee
i have a feelin we passed 1000 lol i dont think everyone posting on here sayin they donated
well in theory it was $750ish and $250 makes $1000. So wondering what it's up to now.

Glad the online community came together on this one.
Old 08-14-2008, 05:49 PM
Awesome User

Originally Posted by Zate
or you could have it put in the first post.
I plan on updating my original recap post but however you guys want to do it is cool with me. I'm not exactly on the inside loop.
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

-R. J. Wiedemann Lt Col. USMC Ret.
Old 08-14-2008, 05:53 PM

just wanted to say big thanks to everyones effort, not just the money. the time spent trying to get this story out. this is a big hit for us in many ways. this shop was mine and Aarons dream. to finally be able to make a living out of what we like to do for fun. This issue has my dream crashing down. For those that really want to help but have no money, perhaps you could help spread the word of parts ive got for sale. lots of toyota parts, the rockstars off the support truck, etc.

as far as this car making the shop. its not just the 16k dollar bill, its the attention that a car done 100% in house draws. Aaron and i have 3 cars between the 3 of us that were to be assembled to make a profit for the shop. ive got a full restoration in progress on my 70k mile 90 supra targa, a v6 turbo mr2 to be built, and aaron has an 06 gto basically just in need of paint and a tailight. finished, were talking about 50k dollars worth of cars here, and a combined total of maybee 5-6000 dollars needed spent. this is why this car has put such a hurt on us. weve not had the time, or the money to work on these cars because of this celica.

you guys have seen the pictures. this car was well done. weve got 4.5 months of solid work in this thing. Joe was even cut breaks on many of the things in the car. he was only prices 3500 dollars on the subwoofer enclosure. i dont know if anyones in the custom audio scene, but thats a steal. 400 for the carbon roof, another steal. shit he wasnt even charged for the amp racks or the nitrous bottle mount in the rear seat.

Again and again i cant say it enough, thank you all for the suport your giving us. the thanks comes not just from myself and aaron, but from my fiance heather, my soon to be stepson gavin and our son atreyu.

and the computer was and i quote "to be in addition to the bill, for not taking a deposite" and the only downpayment was 600 dollars, the other 560 dollars was for payment of the megan gauges bought for the car, not even including the aem wideband in the car.

worse of all this kid was even greedier, he had asked me to buy some volk's for the car, that would get added to the bill. i finally told him i flat out didnt have the money to put anything else on the car.

as far as the haters go. i dont understand why your so resistant to having people help someone. i understand your point, it was a gamble we took on the car. but why try to stop people from helping?

86.5 toyota supra- 1jz never to be finished
01 mitsu eclipse v6 5mt chick car daily
98 honda accord ex- h22 swapped daily driver
Old 08-14-2008, 05:54 PM

and zate, i'm sure this thread is a ton of work for you, but the advertizing your getting for free must be amazing. how is the server holding up?

86.5 toyota supra- 1jz never to be finished
01 mitsu eclipse v6 5mt chick car daily
98 honda accord ex- h22 swapped daily driver
Old 08-14-2008, 06:00 PM

HEY joe!!!!

YouTube - tossed salad man

I hope you are looking forward to this....
Old 08-14-2008, 06:00 PM
Photoshop Addict

Good luck guys. We'll see how things go tomorrow.

Old 08-14-2008, 06:05 PM
TR Balla Donor Supreme

Originally Posted by flyspyder55
and zate, i'm sure this thread is a ton of work for you, but the advertizing your getting for free must be amazing. how is the server holding up?
server is holding up pretty damn good... yesterday was alittle hairy as the load rose to over 75. (we typically run about 2-4.. lol)