General Car Chat Talk about cars in general. All makes and models - strictly car discussion.

ATTN: Joe Dono AKA SCP_Celica SCAMMER

Old 08-14-2008, 07:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

no comment. YouTube - Joe Dono getting his eyebrow waxed.

loserzzzz
...TR's resident Racist..

Originally Posted by ANTSOFTYR
It'z deh attack of teh troolz! lol

OOHHH NOOOZZZZ

what will we do?

A clever person solves problems but a Wise person avoids them... A.Einstein

Old 08-14-2008, 07:51 PM
haters♥me

Originally Posted by c.j.dono
what does your brother say now that its like..friday?

F*CK THIEVES!

Keep your mind on your grind and off of mine.

Old 08-14-2008, 07:54 PM
///

Originally Posted by c.j.dono

You're fucking awesome! Any others pics/videos?
Old 08-14-2008, 07:56 PM
...TR's resident Racist..

oh shit its FRIDAY!!!!

A clever person solves problems but a Wise person avoids them... A.Einstein

Old 08-14-2008, 07:57 PM

Default Posted On My Blog

I posted a summary on my blog, with a link to here. Also donated a couple of bucks. The Auto Prophet: The Tale of Tampa Fraud-Boy

The Tale of Tampa Fraud-Boy

This story has been burning up the car modder forums the last few days. A 20 year old guy gave his 2004 Toyota Celica to a small custom car shop for a paint job. Then he brought over a few parts and asked them to "add it to the bill". The kid must have been a good talker, because he talked the shop into doing $16,000 worth of work on his car over the course of months.

Then, Fraud-boy showed up at the shop and demanded his car, saying that he never signed a work order for all that work, and he just wanted his car back. When that didn't work, he sent his girlfriend, who offered a $60 down payment and a payment plan. When that didn't work, he came with his mom and the police, but a call by the sop to the state the attorney general shut that down. By the way, the car doesn't even belong to him, really, it is financed by his mom. And, by the way, Fraud-boy has a criminal record, for fraud.

Now the car is located at an undisclosed location, and the shop has placed a mechanic's lein against it. Fraud-boy swears he is going to get it back Friday, but it seems unlikely.

Read the whole hilarious, sordid mess here. Things get interesting around page 5, when Fraud-boy (SCP_celica) shows up to defend himself, in his full illiterate glory.

The downside to this amazing story is that the custom shop, which is a two-man show, is now teetering financially because of the time and resources they put into Fraud-boy's car. A PayPal account has been set up for people to donate a few bucks to help them out (I already did), maybe if you are moved you might consider putting a little in the hat.
Old 08-14-2008, 07:57 PM

Theft of services
Theft of services - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Theft of services is the legal term for a crime which is committed when a person obtains valuable services — as opposed to goods — by deception, force, threat or other unlawful means, i.e., without lawfully compensating the provider of said services. It may also overlap with some types of fraud in which payment is made on credit, but under an assumed identity, and ultimately disavowed ("Identity theft").
Crimes of this sort are typically prosecuted as larceny, and may be either a misdemeanor or a felony, based upon the value of the services illegally obtained. This category encompasses a wide variety of criminal activity including, but not limited to, tampering with (or bypassing) a utility meter so that the true level of consumption is understated; leaving a hotel or restaurant or similar establishment without paying for the service; and "turnstile jumping" or other methods of evading the payment of a fare or fee when using a public transit vehicle or entering a private facility normally requiring payment (e.g., amusements). Theft of this sort should not be confused with reasonable rejection, where, for example, a customer does not pay because the services provided were not as advertised.
Old 08-14-2008, 07:58 PM
slash

Originally Posted by blazersftw
Does no one realize that "SCP Celica" with 2 posts is NOT the same as "SCP_Celica" with 986 posts?

It's quite obvious that someone created the username just to stir up activity in this thread. I don't think the old username was banned so I'm not sure why he would create a new username so close to the old one...
from what i know he was just banned from the photography forum bc he stole other peoples photos and claimed them as his own. i'm pretty sure they didn't ban him from the site, so that he can have a chance to come in here and reply. also i'm thinking its not him bc he talks more retarded than that! i cant wait for tomorrow though, i hope someone video tapes it!
TRick Squad Member #3
VicPrez of IttyBittyTittyCommittee

Old 08-14-2008, 08:02 PM

Originally Posted by Jason from P.M.R.
if he shows up with the balance in cash, then what??? (one of my co-workers asked me to ask that)
I don't think anyone has answered this yet, so I thought I'd both (a) offer a suggestion, and (b) prod the interested parties to do so.

A:
The "balance in cash" is in question at this point. JD insists it's less than the $16k in labor + parts that JAP Works has actually expended on this job. I suspect at this point it's more realistically a combination of labor on the requested jobs, parts on same, storage fees, and time spent trying to recuperate from overdue expenses. At a minimum, I'd peg that at $18k. Can Joe & Company come up with that amount of money in cash? I suspect not... unless he's been particularly fruitful with his other scamming endeavors.

Still, if he were to show up with ~$18k in cash, I think it'd be fair to release the car to him, and assume that the retribution for the rest of his scamming history will come to him when or after he drives the car off the lot. This is no longer an anonymous vehicle.

B: Any response from the fine folks at JAP Works?

For the folks who've recently stepped up to the plate with 3-figure donations to the Bury Joe Dono Legal Fund, I commend you with the highest praise, and vow to toss my business your direction should I ever be in the market for services you offer.

For those who've pondered whether JD would commit suicide and, if so, how we'd feel as a community: I suspect his personality type would more likely commit homicide-then-suicide, so please folks: be on alert. If he's goin' out, he's goin' out with a bang, and not alone.

Be alert, be aware, and be well. Life life to its fullest today.

Joe, please consider cleaning up and turning your life around. I suspect your life hasn't been rosy to this point, but you can spend the remainder of your days doing good. It's up to you. Choices: be glad you have them, and be good to them.

/diatribe