General Car Chat Talk about cars in general. All makes and models - strictly car discussion.

ATTN: Joe Dono AKA SCP_Celica SCAMMER

Old 08-15-2008, 10:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Cornwalace
You're our eyes on the field. Keep us updated please.

Last edited by notslow; 08-15-2008 at 10:50 AM.
Old 08-15-2008, 10:40 AM

Looks like Joe Dirt is gonna need these....
Old 08-15-2008, 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by c.j.dono
bro.. what did I tell you, leave my house out of it.

I agree with him here.. Let the parties resolve this conflict the legal way. Don't make things more difficult for anyone involved..

But while you are on, hows bout an update!
Old 08-15-2008, 10:47 AM
Awesome User

Originally Posted by notslow
werd... Update Updates.... bring your camera/phone
We got his brother here. He can give us any kind of updates he deems necessary. No need to get all Donorazzi on the family. I edited my post, you should do the same. Mods will probably delete this thread in the next massive cleanup anyway.
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

-R. J. Wiedemann Lt Col. USMC Ret.
Old 08-15-2008, 10:47 AM

Yo mama got a peg leg with a kick stand.
Old 08-15-2008, 10:48 AM

Originally Posted by alaskanpilot
Barn Babe! Nice to see another CFOT'er following this! See ya on the other side...

Corvette Forum Off Topic checking in!
+1 Another Corvette Forum member here.

I hope you guys squash this guy like a bug!
Old 08-15-2008, 10:49 AM
Wide Open and Sideways!

Hey everyone, updates are as follows:

All paperwork has been filed with courthouse.

Registered letters of "Notice of Intent to File a Lien" have been mailed to Joe, his Mother Lisa, and the Credit Union.

Lawyer has been contacted

Where we are at right now is that our Lien will take 60 days to go through, at that time we will be able to petition the Credit Union for them to write-off the car as a total loss and sign the title to us, OR, pay the total amount owed PLUS 60 days of storage at $30 a day. That will be the almost $16,000 PLUS $1,800 storage. The storage fee will continue to accrue until a check or title is received.

So long story short, we will probably end up with the car. I doubt the credit union is going to cut a check for $18K+ for a car that they have financed for less than that.

As far as the BBQ, I'm going to start getting that organized over the next couple of days.

I need to know where you guys would prefer it. We can do it at Don Garlit's Museum here in Marion County OR we can do it down in/near Tampa. I would expect a better turn-out in Tampa but I am not aware of where these kinds of events are usually held down there and as such would need help securing a location.
Old 08-15-2008, 10:49 AM

^Congratulations! Sounds like everything's going to work out.

In other news, didn't his mom supposedly have a heart attack? What's she doing standing out in the driveway glaring at people?

Isn't she supposed to be in hospital or something?
Old 08-15-2008, 10:51 AM

Originally Posted by Cornwalace
We got his brother here. He can give us any kind of updates he deems necessary. No need to get all Donorazzi on the family. I edited my post, you should do the same. Mods will probably delete this thread in the next massive cleanup anyway.
tru, hopefully not, its got a space in intarweb history. This is something I will joke about with my friends at a party 5 years from now.
Old 08-15-2008, 10:52 AM
42 72 69 6e 67 20 69 74

Originally Posted by importguy1208
Hey everyone, updates are as follows:

All paperwork has been filed with courthouse.

Registered letters of "Notice of Intent to File a Lien" have been mailed to Joe, his Mother Lisa, and the Credit Union.

Lawyer has been contacted

Where we are at right now is that our Lien will take 60 days to go through, at that time we will be able to petition the Credit Union for them to write-off the car as a total loss and sign the title to us, OR, pay the total amount owed PLUS 60 days of storage at $30 a day. That will be the almost $16,000 PLUS $1,800 storage. The storage fee will continue to accrue until a check or title is received.

So long story short, we will probably end up with the car. I doubt the credit union is going to cut a check for $18K+ for a car that they have financed for less than that.

As far as the BBQ, I'm going to start getting that organized over the next couple of days.

I need to know where you guys would prefer it. We can do it at Don Garlit's Museum here in Marion County OR we can do it down in/near Tampa. I would expect a better turn-out in Tampa but I am not aware of where these kinds of events are usually held down there and as such would need help securing a location.

Congrats bro! So you still have the car and don't have to turn it over? It wasn't stated if you still had to hand it over until the Lien goes through.