General Car Chat Talk about cars in general. All makes and models - strictly car discussion.

ATTN: Joe Dono AKA SCP_Celica SCAMMER

Old 08-15-2008, 10:53 AM
I race sailboats

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There are plenty of places for a great BBQ here in Tampa, and your turn out will be much better.

Fort Desoto, Hillsborough river state park, the state park on n dale mabry, now that I think about it, that last one would be an excellent place for a car meet/show/bbq. Tons of open space. I just cant remember what its called.

BLACK FENDER PART OUT
Old 08-15-2008, 10:53 AM
No more Vtec!

Originally Posted by importguy1208
Hey everyone, updates are as follows:

All paperwork has been filed with courthouse.

Registered letters of "Notice of Intent to File a Lien" have been mailed to Joe, his Mother Lisa, and the Credit Union.

Lawyer has been contacted

Where we are at right now is that our Lien will take 60 days to go through, at that time we will be able to petition the Credit Union for them to write-off the car as a total loss and sign the title to us, OR, pay the total amount owed PLUS 60 days of storage at $30 a day. That will be the almost $16,000 PLUS $1,800 storage. The storage fee will continue to accrue until a check or title is received.

So long story short, we will probably end up with the car. I doubt the credit union is going to cut a check for $18K+ for a car that they have financed for less than that.

As far as the BBQ, I'm going to start getting that organized over the next couple of days.

I need to know where you guys would prefer it. We can do it at Don Garlit's Museum here in Marion County OR we can do it down in/near Tampa. I would expect a better turn-out in Tampa but I am not aware of where these kinds of events are usually held down there and as such would need help securing a location.
thats great news!!! thanks for the updates. As for the BBQ, shit, we can have it in my backyard! lol!!! i have about an acre! but for real, you will prob see a bigger turnout down arnd tampa area...i bet if you can get a hold of the parks dept, we can host it at a park maybe? not sure...ill try to check into that when i get a few minutes...

Old 08-15-2008, 10:54 AM
Wide Open and Sideways!

Originally Posted by w4lker
^Congratulations! Sounds like everything's going to work out.

In other news, didn't his mom supposedly have a heart attack? What's she doing standing out in the driveway glaring at people?

Isn't she supposed to be in hospital or something?
Yeah she supposedly had a heart attack and several people "confirmed" this but she was standing up trying to yell at me Tuesday with no issues.

I'm no Medical Doctor but I would think that if she had a heart attack Saturday night she wouldn't be screaming at me Tuesday morning. I mean 60 hours later and she is fine?
Old 08-15-2008, 10:54 AM
No more Vtec!

Originally Posted by omgwtfbbq!
There are plenty of places for a great BBQ here in Tampa, and your turn out will be much better.

Fort Desoto, Hillsborough river state park, the state park on n dale mabry, now that I think about it, that last one would be an excellent place for a car meet/show/bbq. Tons of open space. I just cant remember what its called.

i believe its called lake park....just s of van dyke on dale mabry right??? i always see the sign with the owl pointing towards the park

Old 08-15-2008, 10:55 AM
I love to choke people.

BBQ in Tampa, I'm down.
Old 08-15-2008, 10:56 AM
they call me baby Jesus

import remember that 933 wants to promote your bbq so they might give u an idea on where to have it.

Now we just need Joe Dirt to chime in with a new threat day ! Mark My words ! Come on Joe I know your reading this tough guy.
Wide Open and Sideways!

Yes the car will stay in our possession at least until a decision is made by the credit union
Old 08-15-2008, 10:57 AM
I race sailboats

Yeah, lake park. Theres a big v-dub meet there every year. I think it'd be the perfect place.

BLACK FENDER PART OUT
Old 08-15-2008, 11:00 AM
TR Balla Donor Supreme

Originally Posted by notslow
tru, hopefully not, its got a space in intarweb history. This is something I will joke about with my friends at a party 5 years from now.
wont be getting deleted, just locked and filed away for future generations of scammers to read and rethink their villainous ways.