General Car Chat Talk about cars in general. All makes and models - strictly car discussion.

ATTN: Joe Dono AKA SCP_Celica SCAMMER

Old 08-15-2008, 11:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just thought of something else. It would be a good idea to have the car rekeyed, to prevent someone from using the spare key to drive it away.

John
Old 08-15-2008, 11:33 AM

Originally Posted by importguy1208
Hey everyone, updates are as follows:

All paperwork has been filed with courthouse.

Registered letters of "Notice of Intent to File a Lien" have been mailed to Joe, his Mother Lisa, and the Credit Union.

Lawyer has been contacted

Where we are at right now is that our Lien will take 60 days to go through, at that time we will be able to petition the Credit Union for them to write-off the car as a total loss and sign the title to us, OR, pay the total amount owed PLUS 60 days of storage at $30 a day. That will be the almost $16,000 PLUS $1,800 storage. The storage fee will continue to accrue until a check or title is received.

So long story short, we will probably end up with the car. I doubt the credit union is going to cut a check for $18K+ for a car that they have financed for less than that.

As far as the BBQ, I'm going to start getting that organized over the next couple of days.

I need to know where you guys would prefer it. We can do it at Don Garlit's Museum here in Marion County OR we can do it down in/near Tampa. I would expect a better turn-out in Tampa but I am not aware of where these kinds of events are usually held down there and as such would need help securing a location.

Great news! Someone posted a couple pages back to contact 93.3 about hosting the BBQ. They can probably raise a lot of money for you and the shop if they are involved. Some people refer to MJ as "GOD".
Old 08-15-2008, 11:33 AM
...TR's resident Racist..

bring the car to the bbq and charge 10dollars for 10 hits with a sledge hammer...

i'll bring a pocket full of cash!

A clever person solves problems but a Wise person avoids them... A.Einstein

Old 08-15-2008, 11:34 AM

bbq sounds good to me!!

Check out my feature on urbanracer.com >
http://www.urbanracer.com/articles/a...sp?a=3721&z=45
Old 08-15-2008, 11:40 AM
all the rage!

what was it? mark my words? HA ftl

Old 08-15-2008, 11:41 AM
Wide Open and Sideways!

Originally Posted by silvercelicagt-s
bbq sounds good to me!!
Do you realize that it was your car's interior that Joe wanted me to mimic? I saw your car at HIN Orlando and was shocked to find out it was a local guy. I thought he would have found someone that he wouldn't compete against locally to at least copy. Oh well!
Old 08-15-2008, 11:43 AM

lol, ya he actually went to my friends shop Automotive Progression and tried to get him to do the work but my friend could tell something was up. I am sorry to hear you had to deal with him. Dan told me about how if he found out you guys got his car in there that he would have warned you before hand.

Last edited by silvercelicagt-s; 08-15-2008 at 11:53 AM.
Old 08-15-2008, 11:44 AM

but hey if you guys hold a meet i want to meet and talk with you about some carbon fiber stuff I am interested in getting some pricing on. So I am hoping you get this meet going, otherwise Ill just get your number from dan.

Old 08-15-2008, 11:47 AM
I Haz Vtec.

If the mom had a heartattack on Saturday she would be fine by tues.
you should def have the BBQ in tampa area and make sure the park is huge.
congrats on everything and dont worry after all is said and done joe dono will still have somthin commin to him.

TR Guido crew member # 2

Originally Posted by Na306StAnG
If those girls pass by one more time im gonna go get my chloroform supersoaker.
Old 08-15-2008, 11:53 AM

I came over from www.sportbikes.net a few days back and read this whole post, and been watching for updates.

My reason for posting is to inform those that say $30 a day for storage is too cheap why he should not over charge. First off I ran a storage business for the family back in Flint, MI. Judges hate when it looks like you are being too hard on deadbeats. They tend to side with the deadbeats if a business owner is being out of line. Best way to charge Joe Dono is a fair storage price. Call around to some storage businesses in your area and get the prices that run locally.

A typical car will fit in a 10x20, we usually up sold them to 12x32 so they could get in and out of the vehicle, and store other things. Rates on paper ranged $109 to $139 for those units, in reality $89 to $109 just to get the person in. So if your local area rates are about the same, then it would be fair to charge the "going rate". $30 does sound too cheap, but last thing you want to do is overcharge the kid on paper should this go to court. It just looks bad.

Too bad I have my own legal bills right now or I be shooting you some $$$$. Good luck JAPworks