General Car Chat Talk about cars in general. All makes and models - strictly car discussion.

ATTN: Joe Dono AKA SCP_Celica SCAMMER

Old 08-15-2008, 11:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

importguy, Im posting your update to the Facebook group.
Old 08-15-2008, 11:59 AM

Dropping in from the Netherlands. Noticed the referral on AllFordMustangs.com, and decided to keep tabs on this. Dropped a referral with SilverMustangs.com and FordTeamUtrecht.nl.

Nice to see people band together like this when confronted with something like this. Hope the donations work out sufficiently and the thing gets resolved to satisfaction for all concerned. I do feel sorry for his mother getting financially grounded because of all this tho. Perhaps there's a charity donation for the excess ?

Last edited by Neko-; 08-15-2008 at 12:02 PM.
Old 08-15-2008, 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by Neko-
Dropping in from the Netherlands. Noticed the referral on AllFordMustangs.com, and decided to keep tabs on this. Dropped a referral with SilverMustangs.com and FordTeamUtrecht.nl.

Nice to see people band together like this when confronted with something like this. Hope the donations work out sufficiently and the thing gets resolved to satisfaction for all concerned. I do feel sorry for his mother getting financially grounded because of all this tho. Perhaps there's a charity donation for the excess?
I would not feel bad for his mom Neko, think about it... if a kid lives at home with his parents. You would think his parents would notice that his car has been gone for a couple months. His parents obviously knew something was getting done to the car, did they know how much maybe not, but they obviously never questioned the shop on the wait.

Check out my feature on urbanracer.com >
http://www.urbanracer.com/articles/a...sp?a=3721&z=45
Old 08-15-2008, 12:14 PM
I ride a Photo Chopper

Originally Posted by silvercelicagt-s
I would not feel bad for his mom Neko, think about it... if a kid lives at home with his parents. You would think his parents would notice that his car has been gone for a couple months. His parents obviously knew something was getting done to the car, did they know how much maybe not, but they obviously never questioned the shop on the wait.
First of all... it's his Mom's car... she is/was financing it.

Second... Joe fed her lies and mistruths about "sponsors" paying for the work.

Third... when she went to the shop to pick it up for him, she only thought that it was getting painted...
Old 08-15-2008, 12:15 PM
From Boost 2 Displacement

Originally Posted by AMRAAM
+1 Another Corvette Forum member here.

I hope you guys squash this guy like a bug!
another one here "polishdude" but i am part of this forum as well

2008 Z51 Corvette

It is not death that a man should fear, but he should fear never beginning to live." -Marcus Aurelius
Old 08-15-2008, 12:16 PM

Wow. A lot to the story. I'm sorry to hear you're having to go through this. A shop I deal with a bit was contacted by SCP_Celica. He wated them to fabricate an exhaust manifold but make payments on it after it was finished. He then contacted me. Wanted me to tune his car but make payment two weeks AFTER the tune was complete. I told him I wasnt able to do this and was a little upset. I hope things work out for your shop and you in the end
* IP Web-Site

* RIP Kevin/Slo_Si RIP & Pablo/Fathead
Old 08-15-2008, 12:17 PM

Originally Posted by Neko-

Nice to see people band together like this when confronted with something like this. Hope the donations work out sufficiently and the thing gets resolved to satisfaction for all concerned. I do feel sorry for his mother getting financially grounded because of all this tho. Perhaps there's a charity donation for the excess ?

Glad to see another AFM'er over here showing support. The mother and grandfather were told by the scammer that his "sponsors" were paying for the work to be done. The scammer then told the shop that the grandfather was paying the bill for finishing school......

The shop that got scammed (Japworks) assured everyone that any money left over after the sale of the car, will be given to charity.

Might i suggest a charity that helps victims of scams???

Richard
Old 08-15-2008, 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by Marsellus Wallace
If the mom had a heartattack on Saturday she would be fine by tues.
Umm, I don't know how much you have read about Myocardial Infarctions.

72 hours is the recovery period for a stomach bug. Not for part of your heart literally dying.
Old 08-15-2008, 12:30 PM

Originally Posted by w4lker
(Begin Hendrix guitar)

[1st verse [Oo-backing vocals on each line]]
Hey Joe, where you goin' with those keys in your hand?
Hey Joe, I said where you goin' with those keys in your hand?
Alright. I'm goin down to get my Mom's Celica,
you know I had it customized by another man.
Yeah,! I'm goin' down to get my Mom's Celica,
you know I had it customized by another man.
Huh! And that ain't gonna be easy with no money.

[2nd verse [Ah. -backing vocal on each line]]
Uh, hey Joe, I heard you tried to get your Mom's Celica,
you tried real hard.
Uh, hey Joe, I heard you tried to get your Mom's Celica,
you tried real hard and posted threats on the internet. Yeah!

Yes, I did, I tried,
you know I said Mark My Wurdz,
all 'round town.
Uh, yes I did, I tried
you know I got real famous for it.
I tried to get my Mom's Celica on Friday!
Good stuff! Unfortunately, Hendrix is a little old school for most of this crowd...

Toby

BlackDog Racing
BlackDog Speed Shop

Lincolnshire, IL

Old 08-15-2008, 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by FSUhorizon
This situation in unfortunate. However, paypal donations are pretty pathetic.

Charity has a place and this situation isn't it. It's not as though someone needs a live-saving operation. You don't see GM or Ford asking for paypal handouts because they were shortsighted and produced too many large vehicles that won't sell now because of gas prices.

As someone has already said, what happens to all the paypal donations if the shop gets all their money back? Do they deserve to get all the money from the work AND the money collected from donations? Are they going to return the donations if they do get paid for the work? Color me pessimistic, but I doubt it.

Finally, I've already seen some of the responses to people questioning the donations. The hostility was childish. Turn 19, get a job, drive something other than a clapped out 20 year old rice bucket and I might care what you think.
You obviously did not read the thread. The donations were solely set up to help the shop for his legal defense and bills of the shop. Nothing else.
Also, the donations link was not set up by the shop owner, but someone else doing it out of being nice.

Then again, I don't expect anyone from FSU to actually read.