General Car Chat Talk about cars in general. All makes and models - strictly car discussion.

ATTN: Joe Dono AKA SCP_Celica SCAMMER

Old 08-15-2008, 12:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DC5_babe
is it possible to go to the DMV and found out where a person lives from a tag number?
cause apparently joe said that he did this.
Thats a big negative ghostrider....The authorities only have that power. Or you can do like I do, and ask one of my many police officer friends to run it for you...
Old 08-15-2008, 12:49 PM

Originally Posted by Kill Dono
Thats a big negative ghostrider....The authorities only have that power. Or you can do like I do, and ask one of my many police officer friends to run it for you...
alright then, it was another worthless lie made by the infamous Joe Dono. i wasn't sure but now that you put it that way, it makes sense.

thanks.
Old 08-15-2008, 12:53 PM

alright then, it was another worthless lie made by the infamous Joe Dono. i wasn't sure but now that you put it that way, it makes sense.

thanks.

Someone resourceful could find out your address and other "private" info on the net rather easily.. So be careful, it might be true.. But you can't just go to DMV and ask..
Old 08-15-2008, 12:55 PM
No more Vtec!

is it possible to go to the DMV and find out where a person lives from a tag number?

Ok, whoever said you CANT is wrong!! you def can search the DMV for tag numbers...how come ppl who steal cars usually get the tag numbers first to run them to find out where they live! it does cost money but it is legal and can be done. Florida DMV-Florida Motor Vehicle Records-Florida MVR

Old 08-15-2008, 12:57 PM
doowutchyalike

Originally Posted by HaZed
Ok, whoever said you CANT is wrong!! you def can search the DMV for tag numbers...how come ppl who steal cars usually get the tag numbers first to run them to find out where they live! it does cost money but it is legal and can be done. Florida DMV-Florida Motor Vehicle Records-Florida MVR

That is true!!!

(C)lassic (A)merican (P)erformance (R)acing (I)nspired
Old 08-15-2008, 12:57 PM

Originally Posted by normie
Someone resourceful could find out your address and other "private" info on the net rather easily.. So be careful, it might be true.. But you can't just go to DMV and ask..
well the thing is, i was hanging out with Aaron lastnight (importguy) and he got a call from one of his friends saying that "oh the pic that you posted with the car on the trailer has branden's tag showing" or some crap. he was also saying that the information is given out by the DMV if you have a tag number or w/e.

joe COULD lie to a police officer and get the address.
Old 08-15-2008, 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by HaZed
people who know ftw
Old 08-15-2008, 12:58 PM

well the thing is, i was hanging out with Aaron lastnight (importguy) and he got a call from one of his friends saying that "oh the pic that you posted with the car on the trailer has branden's tag showing" or some crap. he was also saying that the information is given out by the DMV if you have a tag number or w/e.

joe COULD lie to a police officer and get the address.
Tag info could be found, as well as address etc.. With what is happening, I would take extra precautionary measures..
Old 08-15-2008, 12:59 PM
No more Vtec!

the tag number would just show JD the add where the car is registered (HIS OWN HOUSE I PRESUME) its not like the tag has a mini GPS detector thingy inside tha tracks the car!

Old 08-15-2008, 12:59 PM

is it possible to go to the DMV and find out where a person lives from a tag number?

Don't think so but remember, this kid is a professional scam artist. Anything is possible. If I were the shop owners, I would setup a recording device at my house and start recording. Keeping a digital eye on the front, side and back of the house(s). You never know what this kid is capable of.

As mentioned in another post, if it were me, I'd change the locks and the cylinder on the car and get a new set of keys made right now.