General Car Chat Talk about cars in general. All makes and models - strictly car discussion.

ATTN: Joe Dono AKA SCP_Celica SCAMMER

Old 08-18-2008, 08:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by utherjorge
Like so many others, I've been watching all week to see what's up.

First off, I'm sure many of you know that Joe has been online on and off for the whole time. He's definitely reading.

Both of the brothers here are useless. I don't especially care who agrees or disagrees with me. As a teacher, I see these type of heaps in my classes from time to time. The elder, graduating fom high school at 20? What more do you need to know?

The younger, sticking his nose in here, pretending ignorance? Then taking shots at his brother? I don't know whose side he's on, but it's certainly not consistent.

Their mother, though, caps it all. I have seen countless parents like her. He's this big of a loser and she bought him a car? Really? She thought that was a good idea? Trash. All of them.

I sincerely hope that this follows all of them for the rest of their lives, the younger Domo/Dono.D-bag too.

I give a lot of credit to the users here and the mods (not the post-whore, but you know...) for not letting this get out of hand. Other similar threads (remember that guy that bought that BMW M on eBay and the dealer tried to screw him?) go nuts, and it makes things difficult for everyone.

I hope the Jap guys can hang on. There's no doubt that they seem cool, have learned their lesson, and if we're all nice, we'll see some more hot wife pics. Here's to hoping.

Dave
+1. Very well put.
Old 08-18-2008, 08:33 PM
I ride a Photo Chopper

Originally Posted by FC_V8

lol.... this is the funniest one YET!!!..lolhahah
Thanks! Like I said before, it popped into my head and BAM! there it was!
Old 08-18-2008, 08:58 PM

dont know is this has been said but ...

heck if you end up getting the car signed over to you ( i think you will in the long run) just raffle the sucker off .
320 tickets @ $50 each = $16000
judging by the amount of people replying to this thread shoud be pretty do-able. good luck been lurking reading this since day one just didnt have anything constructive to add .
Old 08-18-2008, 09:20 PM
The Right-Wing

Originally Posted by FC_V8

lol.... this is the funniest one YET!!!..lolhahah
that shit is funny
Old 08-18-2008, 09:33 PM

Originally Posted by normie
I predict that this board won't hear much from Joe for quite some time! He's probably spoken with a halfway educated lawyer, who being a lawyer spotted the scaminess in Joe right off the bat.. He probably told him that he'd have to pay him in advance
fixed
Old 08-18-2008, 09:37 PM

Originally Posted by madaudio
dont know is this has been said but ...

heck if you end up getting the car signed over to you ( i think you will in the long run) just raffle the sucker off .
320 tickets @ $50 each = $16000
judging by the amount of people replying to this thread shoud be pretty do-able. good luck been lurking reading this since day one just didnt have anything constructive to add .
There are rules and regulations to be followed. "raffling" is considered like gambling and it's not like any Joe Schmoe can have a prize, sell tickets, then raffle.
http://www.flsenate.gov/statutes/ind...49/Sec0935.HTM

If you're "raffling" off a bicycle, XBOX, deodorant, or something small, I'm guessing, despite questionable legality, you'll be fine, but for something like a vehicle or a real property that has to be titled, the route of acquisition is going to raise questions.
Old 08-18-2008, 10:12 PM

^ Is correct.

However there are ways around things, an example would be lets say KoreaWorks is a shop that specializes in modifying Kias and Hyundais, KoreaWorks decides to start a charitable organization to help the community something like KoreaWorks for the Advancement of our Community.... then KoreaWorks' charitable organization decides to hold a raffle to raffle off a car donated by KoreaWorks the company... obviously far more effort than it's worth.... and of still questionable legality, but would keep the man off their back for a little bit.
Old 08-18-2008, 10:24 PM
Balut Delivery EF1

LoL @ that Team SSP forum link.
Old 08-18-2008, 10:40 PM

Originally Posted by AmishMethLab
^ Is correct.

However there are ways around things, an example would be lets say KoreaWorks is a shop that specializes in modifying Kias and Hyundais, KoreaWorks decides to start a charitable organization to help the community something like KoreaWorks for the Advancement of our Community.... then KoreaWorks' charitable organization decides to hold a raffle to raffle off a car donated by KoreaWorks the company... obviously far more effort than it's worth.... and of still questionable legality, but would keep the man off their back for a little bit.
Ok, before someone gets on me for "defending Joe" let me clarify that I'm not even from your time zone. I'm at the other coast.

Since it was getting where people are posting his address and exposing information about his family, maybe his family retained a lawyer and perhaps the boy, Joe is taking advise for once and not posting after the lawyer told him to STFU and not post a thing.

It's one thing to hand the keys over.. quite another to legally transfer the title, so if it was found by Joe's family's lawyer or the bank's lawyer, they might just claw the title back, then repo the car back

I'm not a lawyer, and even if one of the guest posters is a lawyer, these matters are so jurisdiction specific that he'd have to be familiar with all the rules in Florida.

Whatever Joe did was beyond his mom's credit union's control and the CU would be retarded to say "oh well" and chalk up $17,000 and write it off.

Financing company requires their lessee's are required to have full coverage on their financed vehicles naming them as the payee if the "collateral" is destroyed in an accident/theft... and there's a good reason.

It's going to get passed onto other customers through higher interest rate and fees.

So by whatever conduct of lessee's son, a.k.a. SCP_Celica, the mechanic, importguy1208 is apparently getting stiffed, but there was a poor business decision involved.

Think about it. Hospitals don't hold "a raffle" in the ER to cover a defaulted ER bills and Chase don't sell raffle tickets to cover defaulted CC bills. I think that a "charity" for a for-profit purpose just won't go well.

I'm not sure what will turn out of this, but I find it entirely BS that the innocent financing bank pays everything, including the full profit of the mechanic that resulted partly due to poor judgment of the shop and their lawyers have every right to challenge the smallest technical fouls.

I'm guessing the bank will challenge the validity of the $16,000 claim as well and how it ended up in the shop for 4 1/2 month without a substantial written authorization.

I can't say if the price is fair or not, but only fair if the defense side challenges this claim. Like, if you go to Jiffy Lube, for $22.95 oil change, then authorize them to "check tire pressure" for an amount exceeding $10 and you get told you owe them $250 and they're not releasing your car until it's paid, you're going to challenge it on basis that it's clearly unreasonable. What bank wouldn't challenge a work exceeding the current market value of a vehicle?

According to the linkback "http://www.autoblog.com/2008/08/14/carsumer-advocacy-16-year-old-tries-to-bilk-shop-out-of-16k-jo/"

When the job was finished, Joe D denied ever agreeing to that much work despite having conversations with the owners in which he insisted that the bulk of the charges be paid upon delivery of the vehicle
And this will turn into "your word against mine" situation. Even though "verbal" agreement is technically valid and when charges are unreasonable, it's likely to be challenged to a higher burden of proof. Did Joe really mean "yeah, charge me whatever you think is fair, no limit" ?

Last edited by PussixD10; 08-18-2008 at 10:54 PM.
Old 08-19-2008, 04:57 AM
Boom Chackalacka

Default Updated Cliff Notes.

Originally Posted by utherjorge
Like so many others,

... blah blah blah ...

and if we're all nice, we'll see some more hot wife pics. Here's to hoping.

Dave
Originally Posted by Hoosier Daddy
+1. Very well put.