General Car Chat Talk about cars in general. All makes and models - strictly car discussion.

ATTN: Joe Dono AKA SCP_Celica SCAMMER

Old 08-19-2008, 07:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by PussixD10

I'm not sure what will turn out of this, but I find it entirely BS that the innocent financing bank pays everything, including the full profit of the mechanic that resulted partly due to poor judgment of the shop and their lawyers have every right to challenge the smallest technical fouls.

I'm guessing the bank will challenge the validity of the $16,000 claim as well and how it ended up in the shop for 4 1/2 month without a substantial written authorization.
What I understand is, that the bank doesn't need to fight for their clients, as long as they do monthly payments of the loan - whatever. Like has been said before, and we're doing some speculation here, they owe over 2 payments to the bank. In that case, the bank wouldn't be fighting the car for Joe's mother, but to get the car back and sell it, and recoup their cost. So, do OP's got some notice from the bank's lawyers, or other legal threat from the bank?

Now, by Joe's family actions (trying to get the car back, at whatever cost); I think the bank history could be something he made up, to try to convince OP to give the car back (more scam).

Originally Posted by PussixD10
I can't say if the price is fair or not, but only fair if the defense side challenges this claim. Like, if you go to Jiffy Lube, for $22.95 oil change, then authorize them to "check tire pressure" for an amount exceeding $10 and you get told you owe them $250 and they're not releasing your car until it's paid, you're going to challenge it on basis that it's clearly unreasonable. What bank wouldn't challenge a work exceeding the current market value of a vehicle?
This case is not a fair comparation. See, to check tire pressure, would be a matter of minutes, to do a carbon fiber work, would be matter of god knows how much hours, and add that to other work being made to car. Proof of this is easy to obtain.

Also is not the same to quote a service that is $4000 (paintjob), and end with a $16000 bill, 4 times original quote because owner required other modifications, than to say $10 to check tire pressure, and end with a $250 front tires change. Proportionally, your example is at least 20 times more than the original quote; add this to the fact that HE REQUIRED the work to be done, not to be checked, or quoted.
Old 08-19-2008, 07:43 AM

still going strong i see, mechanics liens are a pain in the ass and can be very time consuming. we had an incedent in my shop where a kid didnt pay for his trandmission work on his probe. he dissapeared completely but we still had the car. we moved it in and out of the shop so much (so we could use the bay) that it ran out of gas. we started looking into getting the the title for the car when one day the kid comes in to pay for it....over a year later! no call just showed up. he said "im here to pick up the probe" i reply "what probe...?" then "oooooooh the probe" it took forever to look through the computer to find the car and the mechanic who did the work was no longer with the company so he never got payed for the job. i asked the kid what happened where he had been and he looked away and kinda shyly said "been locked up for a bit...right after i dropped off the car". we never charged storage fees (which we do now) but the final bill totaled around $2000.
Old 08-19-2008, 08:30 AM

Originally Posted by normie
I predict that this board won't hear much from Joe for quite some time! He's probably spoken with a halfway educated lawyer
He probably scammed the lawyer by saying "your retainer cheque is coming; I just need one more free consultation!"
Old 08-19-2008, 08:45 AM

Originally Posted by flyspyder55
joe claimed that they were going to use the matrix as a title for the bond on the car...

"GIVE ME BACK MY MOM'S CAR, MR. ANDERSON!"
Old 08-19-2008, 08:54 AM

Originally Posted by utherjorge

Both of the brothers here are useless. I don't especially care who agrees or disagrees with me. As a teacher, I see these type of heaps in my classes from time to time. The elder, graduating fom high school at 20? What more do you need to know?

The younger, sticking his nose in here, pretending ignorance? Then taking shots at his brother? I don't know whose side he's on, but it's certainly not consistent.

Their mother, though, caps it all. I have seen countless parents like her. He's this big of a loser and she bought him a car? Really? She thought that was a good idea? Trash. All of them.

I sincerely hope that this follows all of them for the rest of their lives, the younger Domo/Dono.D-bag too.

Dave

*fist bump* respect aiiii. even if they are not all in on it they know what he does and stand by and let it happen. as mentioned in previous posts the mother isnt so much concerned about what he does to get in trouble but how to fix it and get him out of trouble so he can go on offending again. they all probably benefit everytime he rips someone off so they probably dont want him to stop. ("willful blindness" and "accomplices after the fact" or something?)

I figure it mostly comes down to parenting anyway you look at it.
Old 08-19-2008, 08:57 AM

the only thing that they could actually claim in court is that joe didnt request the work being done, in which case i have plenty of proof that says otherwise..

the only thing the bank could try to say is that theres not 16k worth of work done on the vehicle, in which case i could give them written estimates from others shops that would probly total over 20k.

seriously... we charged 3500 for that sub enclosure... thats atleast 1000 less than it probly should have been

86.5 toyota supra- 1jz never to be finished
01 mitsu eclipse v6 5mt chick car daily
98 honda accord ex- h22 swapped daily driver
Old 08-19-2008, 10:56 AM
Banned

i wonder who 231-244.102-97.tampabay.res.rr.com is on this board?
Old 08-19-2008, 11:11 AM
TR Balla Donor Supreme

i was at a local dunkin donuts in spring hill, and overheard a couple of girls talking about this, seems everyone knows.

1998 crv daily beater
Old 08-19-2008, 11:18 AM
TR Balla Donor Supreme

Originally Posted by cha0tic
i wonder who 231-244.102-97.tampabay.res.rr.com is on this board?
if you really wondered you'd know posting it in the thread wasnt the way to get answers.
Old 08-19-2008, 11:21 AM

Originally Posted by Derka
i was at a local dunkin donuts in spring hill, and overheard a couple of girls talking about this, seems everyone knows.
maybe they knew joe..