General Car Chat Talk about cars in general. All makes and models - strictly car discussion.

ATTN: Joe Dono AKA SCP_Celica SCAMMER

Old 08-19-2008, 04:33 PM
22+24 = 224

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

it's how the kid gets his jollies. It's not the first time either....
Old 08-19-2008, 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by Cornwalace
There were dibs somewhere in this thread about it reaching 200+ or not. What's the range?
I told people to place bets on over/under 200 pages.
Old 08-19-2008, 04:44 PM
Banned

its the internet. everything's public, remember?
people post whatever they want in that chatbox.

i created the domain to forward to this thread originally because the link was so long. but then decided to create a little page. i'm not the who fucked up, amirite?

as for someone saying something about immaturity... look at the stats.. all in 1 week.
http://www.ihasaids.com/upload/data/1219272605.jpg

Originally Posted by AcidiCyn_
it's how the kid gets his jollies. It's not the first time either....
i see your still butt hurt from something that was two months, get over it.

Last edited by cha0tic; 08-19-2008 at 04:51 PM.
Old 08-19-2008, 04:59 PM
22+24 = 224

Yea, I'm so 'butthurt'. Don't flatter yourself nerd.

Please, go back to being a script kiddie and hiding behind your screen name buddy. Thanks.
Old 08-19-2008, 05:08 PM
Banned

nerd.
Old 08-19-2008, 05:49 PM
TR Balla Donor Supreme

Originally Posted by PussixD10
at
Immaturity at this poser posting "Joe Homo: I like guys and I used the 16k on chipanddales male hookers to plug up my butthole"

It certain doesn't improve the general credibility of statements from people on the board.
your talking about credibility and your talking like that.

great example dude!
Old 08-19-2008, 05:49 PM

I'm not sure. It was just an example. What background information do you have other than he said she said from the forums and how do you know "proof is easy to obtain?" Are you an attorney?
Proof of work done is easy to obtain, by the means of quoting around shops on the same work. Hours estimates should be included. I'm not an attorney, and I'm not even in the states, so I'm not even familiar with the local legislation, I'm just using logic to get facts there, like the judge that would be hearing both sides may too. Use yours too.

It isn't just xx times the original quote, but I think the absolute amount plays a role too. I ask again, where is the discovery of facts from other than so and so on the forums said this and that? Lets keep in mind that member posts here are far from "unbiased input".

Many feels that the shop is absolutely entitled to whatever asking amount that it is.
Thats my point, of course the absolute amount is important. Do you believe a judge will consider that 4k paintjob valid if it ended being 80k (20 times)? what reason has the shop owner to lie about that? Of course the judge will ask for proof of work request, some of it is on paper, the other was verbal. perhaps he'll ask Joe, if there was a verbal agreement, he may deny it, but if you look around, you can actually confirm there WAS a verbal agreement btw the shop and Joe, use search here, or Google... example:

teamSSP ~ View topic - Looking to join

Here he's detailing all the work that is/was to be done on the car, would that be without his consent? Do you see there just a paintjob? or maybe was one of the shop owners that created accounts all over and started to post the proofs of their future scam to a poor kid

Posts personally ridiculing Joe won't really won't help the matter or get this anywhere and if he is assaulted, it will just make this place the target of man hunt.
Are you saying I'm ridiculing him? if yes, please post proof of the offending text and I will gladly remove it.

on the other hand, you are ridiculing joe, just with your avatar picture, and at the same time, hinting that he may be innocent. Do I smell a troll?

Last, this is the post on which Joe says the paint job was 6k :O

https://www.tamparacing.com/forums/g...ml#post5690293
Old 08-19-2008, 06:18 PM
Ruhe in Frieden Pablo

Originally Posted by DC5_babe
maybe they knew joe..
They must've been fresh out of middle school then....
Old 08-19-2008, 06:24 PM

Ok, before someone gets on me for "defending Joe" let me clarify that I'm not even from your time zone. I'm at the other coast.

Since it was getting where people are posting his address and exposing information about his family, maybe his family retained a lawyer and perhaps the boy, Joe is taking advise for once and not posting after the lawyer told him to STFU and not post a thing.

It's one thing to hand the keys over.. quite another to legally transfer the title, so if it was found by Joe's family's lawyer or the bank's lawyer, they might just claw the title back, then repo the car back

I'm not a lawyer, and even if one of the guest posters is a lawyer, these matters are so jurisdiction specific that he'd have to be familiar with all the rules in Florida.

Whatever Joe did was beyond his mom's credit union's control and the CU would be retarded to say "oh well" and chalk up $17,000 and write it off.

Financing company requires their lessee's are required to have full coverage on their financed vehicles naming them as the payee if the "collateral" is destroyed in an accident/theft... and there's a good reason.

It's going to get passed onto other customers through higher interest rate and fees.

So by whatever conduct of lessee's son, a.k.a. SCP_Celica, the mechanic, importguy1208 is apparently getting stiffed, but there was a poor business decision involved.

Think about it. Hospitals don't hold "a raffle" in the ER to cover a defaulted ER bills and Chase don't sell raffle tickets to cover defaulted CC bills. I think that a "charity" for a for-profit purpose just won't go well.

I'm not sure what will turn out of this, but I find it entirely BS that the innocent financing bank pays everything, including the full profit of the mechanic that resulted partly due to poor judgment of the shop and their lawyers have every right to challenge the smallest technical fouls.

I'm guessing the bank will challenge the validity of the $16,000 claim as well and how it ended up in the shop for 4 1/2 month without a substantial written authorization.

I can't say if the price is fair or not, but only fair if the defense side challenges this claim. Like, if you go to Jiffy Lube, for $22.95 oil change, then authorize them to "check tire pressure" for an amount exceeding $10 and you get told you owe them $250 and they're not releasing your car until it's paid, you're going to challenge it on basis that it's clearly unreasonable. What bank wouldn't challenge a work exceeding the current market value of a vehicle?

According to the linkback "http://www.autoblog.com/2008/08/14/carsumer-advocacy-16-year-old-tries-to-bilk-shop-out-of-16k-jo/"

And this will turn into "your word against mine" situation. Even though "verbal" agreement is technically valid and when charges are unreasonable, it's likely to be challenged to a higher burden of proof. Did Joe really mean "yeah, charge me whatever you think is fair, no limit" ?

I doubt this post will help anything or anyone.. Whats happening is happening.. and no matter what peoples opinions about the law are.. the situation is already being handled.. At this point.. we dont need "scare posts" stating stuff about laws being handled and the OP being irresponsible.. Its completely irrelevant at this point and posts like you just made just aggrivate people that know what is already happening with the situation.. If i didnt know any better.. it sounds like Joe (or Joes lawyers) are sending people on this website to "INTIMIDATE" the OP into backin out.. STUPID STUPID part on that side.. Whats happened happened.. Whats going to happen will.. No need for discussion we can leave it up to the OP or people actually involved to update us.. Further more by stating that you do infact live in another time zone, i think your whole post is stated on opinion.. Not fact.. as you did state you lived in another time zone, meaning you are completely either oblivious or completely ignorant of Florida and its business laws etc. Please do yourself a favor and just keep statements like "theres a chance he will get the car back blah blah" then try to sound smart by saying stuff like finance company and leasing options because seriously.. Joe wont get the car back. He has a criminal record.. Facts will always be more tangible then opinions.. We can anticipate from all 178+ pages that Joe lost this war.. OP provided us with updates already and will in the future. With that said.. you pretty much made yourself look foolish to the thousands of people following this thread that already know the facts.. With that said.. i cant help but say you sir.. have made a FAILED post..
Old 08-19-2008, 06:31 PM

yo i faught that pussy when i was in hight school and yes he faild in high school but i beat his ass for shit talking