General Car Chat Talk about cars in general. All makes and models - strictly car discussion.

ATTN: Joe Dono AKA SCP_Celica SCAMMER

Old 08-19-2008, 07:09 PM
www.havokgroup.com

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here is a quick sample that I made. Arron sent me the logo so I had to re-create the logo. I just threw some quick text in. Sizing and additional text can be edited at a later time.

Old 08-19-2008, 07:20 PM
TR Balla Donor Supreme

Old 08-19-2008, 07:26 PM
previously kid420

sow when is the bbq?

www.myspace.com/retono
TR "Old Skool EF" Member #31

Old 08-19-2008, 08:11 PM

i dunno i wasnt organizing it, then again neither was aaron. Who was?

86.5 toyota supra- 1jz never to be finished
01 mitsu eclipse v6 5mt chick car daily
98 honda accord ex- h22 swapped daily driver
Old 08-19-2008, 09:04 PM

Originally Posted by AP1VtecBeast
I doubt this post will help anything or anyone.. Whats happening is happening.. and no matter what peoples opinions about the law are.. the situation is already being handled.. At this point.. we dont need "scare posts" stating stuff about laws being handled and the OP being irresponsible..
Exactly. What's happening is happening. We'll sit back, comment, etc. This isn't a "scare post".

Its completely irrelevant at this point and posts like you just made just aggrivate people that know what is already happening with the situation.. If i didnt know any better.. it sounds like Joe (or Joes lawyers) are sending people on this website to "INTIMIDATE" the OP into backin out.. STUPID STUPID part on that side.. Whats happened happened.. Whats going to happen will.. No need for discussion we can leave it up to the OP or people actually involved to update us.. Further more by stating that you do infact live in another time zone, i think your whole post is stated on opinion.. Not fact..
Of course my posts are based on my opinion... they're MY posts.

as you did state you lived in another time zone, meaning you are completely either oblivious or completely ignorant of Florida and its business laws etc.
I make myself clear that I'm not an expert, and that I'm from a different area, then I post what I think... and you're free to believe it or not.

Please do yourself a favor and just keep statements like "theres a chance he will get the car back blah blah" then try to sound smart by saying stuff like finance company and leasing options because seriously.. Joe wont get the car back.
There is probability in anything. "There's a chance " is a pretty vague statement, while you're claiming to know the answer already. What makes you qualified to come to a definite conclusion of factual statement?

He has a criminal record.. Facts will always be more tangible then opinions.. We can anticipate from all 178+ pages that Joe lost this war..
The thread consists of interaction and community opinions from users who are not necessarily neutral parties in my opinion.

OP provided us with updates already and will in the future. With that said.. you pretty much made yourself look foolish to the thousands of people following this thread that already know the facts.. With that said.. i cant help but say you sir.. have made a FAILED post..
Following this thread, opinions are mainly formed on what was reported by the shop side. I'm in no way saying they're not being truthful, but I'm saying the neutrality in the narrating disfavors Joe, so I think the outcome of the "war" is different when neutral parties look at both sides of the story.

Originally Posted by angralitux
Proof of work done is easy to obtain, by the means of quoting around shops on the same work. Hours estimates should be included. I'm not an attorney, and I'm not even in the states, so I'm not even familiar with the local legislation, I'm just using logic to get facts there, like the judge that would be hearing both sides may too. Use yours too.
We haven't really had both sides of the story. It was mostly what shop owners said and how they interpret Joe communicated with them. So Aaron and Branden can say one thing but Joe could(I can't say if he will or won't) have a different story on the extent of work he ordered.

I think that the shops doing second opinions would have to be someone the stakeholders (shop, CU, Joe's family) can agree on and are as neutral as possible, so it can't be someone from him who'd look at it and vouch for JAP Works... or Joe's family friend or anything like that.

Thats my point, of course the absolute amount is important. Do you believe a judge will consider that 4k paintjob valid if it ended being 80k (20 times)? what reason has the shop owner to lie about that? Of course the judge will ask for proof of work request, some of it is on paper, the other was verbal. perhaps he'll ask Joe, if there was a verbal agreement, he may deny it, but if you look around, you can actually confirm there WAS a verbal agreement btw the shop and Joe, use search here, or Google... example:

teamSSP ~ View topic - Looking to join
I have no idea how the verbal agreement will play if the statements by two parties don't come very close together and if Joe was aware how much it was going to be.

Here he's detailing all the work that is/was to be done on the car, would that be without his consent? Do you see there just a paintjob? or maybe was one of the shop owners that created accounts all over and started to post the proofs of their future scam to a poor kid
It won't let me see the thread.

Are you saying I'm ridiculing him? if yes, please post proof of the offending text and I will gladly remove it.

on the other hand, you are ridiculing joe, just with your avatar picture, and at the same time, hinting that he may be innocent. Do I smell a troll?
I was pointing out that popular thing in this thread seems to be ridiculing Joe and how he's completely worthless blah blah blah. I'm not hinting that he's INNOCENT. I'm saying that I'm just not aware how much of the $16,000 he's billed he was expecting. As for the avatar, I'm just having a bit of fun haha.
Old 08-19-2008, 09:14 PM
I ride a Photo Chopper

Originally Posted by SCP Celica
Wow, this grew rather quickly. I suppose when you take thousands of people that have no life, and put them on the internet this is what happens. I will have the car by Friday afternoon. I can guarantee that 100%. Mark my word.By the way, I like all the attention this is bringing on me. Keep it up.
I still have yet to decide if this is the "Real Joe Dono" or someone who joined just to stir trouble by impersonating "Internet Douchebag #1"

The admins would probably be able to look at IP histories of both SCP_Celica (real Joe Dono) and the above SCP Celica (note the space instead of underscore, this is the possible imposter)

If the IP(s) that SCP Celica used matches those that SCP_Celica has used, or even is really close, then we can continue to use "Mark my word."

If not, a lot of us have been goaded into laughing more at Joe Dono than we would have. (though it still would be a lot)

A lot of the activity in this thread can be attributed to the aforementioned post as well as a companion post made by the username "SCP Celica" (possible imposter), but a lot of the discussion in this thread is of high quality... even the PhotoChops...

Support J.A.P. Works anyway you can... my donation will be coming, but not for a week or two still.
Old 08-19-2008, 09:28 PM
Banned

thanks to whoever reported my fake address on my domain whois. i was charged $9.95 for nothing.. wow
Old 08-19-2008, 09:33 PM
22+24 = 224

That sucks man. Better hope they click on the adwerdz!!!
Old 08-19-2008, 09:39 PM
Banned

i dont see any of that money unless it hits $100 by the pay schedule... it aint gonna happen
Old 08-19-2008, 09:41 PM
22+24 = 224

bet it was dono. nickel and diming your ass.