General Car Chat Talk about cars in general. All makes and models - strictly car discussion.

ATTN: Joe Dono AKA SCP_Celica SCAMMER

Old 08-20-2008, 04:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Haha, check this out on AutoBlog...good thing this didn't happen.lol.

Originally Posted by John Neff @ AutoBlog
Remember last week when we told you about a tuner shop in Florida that got stuck holding a $16,000 bill after customizing some broke guy's Toyota Celica? That shop is resolving its dispute through the courts and will likely end up selling the car to make its money back, but a mechanic in the U.K. named Darren Tandy recently found himself in a similar situation with a very different outcome. A customer came to pick up his Land Rover recently and refused to pay the agreed upon price of £1127 for the service work that Darren had done. At first the owner offered £950, then £850, and when Darren still refused to release his vehicle, the Rover owner called the local constabulary. Shockingly, the policeman who arrived on the scene actually told Darren he had to lower the price, and when he refused to accept £550 for the job, which didn't even cover the parts, he was arrested and thrown in jail. He spent three hours behind bars and promptly filed a complaint against the Northumbria Police, who performed a full investigation and found themselves free of any wrongdoing. Convenient, eh?

2000 Formula Firehawk #191 / 1999 SS #4312 / 1999 Formula - all sold
Old 08-20-2008, 05:02 PM

Joe Dono, but his tale of epic fail has made it to:

GTAMC Home
LS1Truck.com
Old 08-20-2008, 08:42 PM

There's nothing earth shattering about this though. It's quite petty in the world of fraud, assuming it even was a planned out planned.

People do things like taking out multiple life insurance policies on unrelated people, social engineering them into signing papers with incentives and collecting the premium when they die, often as a result of foul play... and insurance companies get cheated millions and someone gets cheated out of his life.
Old 08-20-2008, 10:25 PM
Wide Open and Sideways!

Car has been moved to another more secure location. Other than that there really is nothing new to post. Paperwork has been filed with a DMV. I contacted the finance company to inform them of what was going on. I am waiting to hear back from them as they may decide to just pay the bill and then repossess the vehicle or they may decide to play hard and be forced to pay the full bill PLUS storage or sign over the car.

Either way as I hear things I'll post it here.

Who wants to plan this BBQ anyways?
Old 08-21-2008, 01:29 AM
Wide Open and Sideways!

Originally Posted by nismo
Did you have to move it again because of any... specific reasons?

People were starting to know where the car was just because we had to move things to the same location. It's not that we didn't trust those people it's just that the less people know, the less they can get in trouble for if it comes down to it.

Plus having people around it moving stuff could cause scratches, dings, dents, etc. and I don't want to have to fix anything.
Old 08-21-2008, 01:52 AM

Originally Posted by importguy1208
Car has been moved to another more secure location. Other than that there really is nothing new to post. Paperwork has been filed with a DMV. I contacted the finance company to inform them of what was going on. I am waiting to hear back from them as they may decide to just pay the bill and then repossess the vehicle or they may decide to play hard and be forced to pay the full bill PLUS storage or sign over the car.

Either way as I hear things I'll post it here.

Who wants to plan this BBQ anyways?
You said you've got a lawyer right? What is his expert advise on what will likely happen?
Old 08-21-2008, 09:27 AM
I race sailboats

Just paperwork, JAP works informed the finance company of their lien.

BLACK FENDER PART OUT
Old 08-21-2008, 11:46 AM
Wide Open and Sideways!

Originally Posted by PussixD10
You said you've got a lawyer right? What is his expert advise on what will likely happen?

The lawyer wants to make a settlement with the finance company. Basically we agree to take less than the total bill but get it right now in return for us removing the lien. This is all going to depend on how the finance company looks at the situation. Either they are going to decide to not bother with the fight or they are going to dig in and prepare for a battle.
Old 08-21-2008, 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by importguy1208
The lawyer wants to make a settlement with the finance company. Basically we agree to take less than the total bill but get it right now in return for us removing the lien. This is all going to depend on how the finance company looks at the situation. Either they are going to decide to not bother with the fight or they are going to dig in and prepare for a battle.
Is the credit union or its lawyers talking yet?
Lawyers are expensive If you're doing commission it'd be a 25-50%.
Old 08-21-2008, 12:17 PM
Wide Open and Sideways!

Seriously guys/girls whatever, can we just keep the shit to a minimum. DC5_Babe knows what we did with the car, she doesn't know where it is, but she does know that it is locked away securely.

I am the only person with access to the unit, and only three of us total know where the car is. It is going to stay that way until I am ordered to do otherwise by a Judge.