General Car Chat Talk about cars in general. All makes and models - strictly car discussion.

ATTN: Joe Dono AKA SCP_Celica SCAMMER

Old 08-23-2008, 05:45 PM
Wide Open and Sideways!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well I looked at your questions and the only one that I think is really any one's business is our shop rate, which is set at $55 hour.

I'll tell you that quite a few of the items that were installed/modified were done on a flat rate.

And NO we have not heard from the Credit Union nor any legal counsel from them, Joe Dono, his mother, or his grandmother.

I may sometime in the near future decide to post everything up itemized but at the current time see no relevant reasoning to do so on a public forum.
Old 08-23-2008, 06:36 PM

Originally Posted by importguy1208
Well I looked at your questions and the only one that I think is really any one's business is our shop rate, which is set at $55 hour.
Was it $55/hour effective when Mr. Dono made contact with you and conspicuously shown and/or communicated to him?

So, you're saying that we should just accept the $16,000, and answers to questions asked are privileged and we're not entitled to the information?

If it was "flat rate" why wasn't he furnished a copy of the grand total ahead of time with the exact quote and why do you feel that you need to conceal the actual man hours from us?

If I just called you up on the phone and asked these questions, I know it is none of my business, however you chose to disclose what he owe you, but it makes me go hmmmm when you wouldn't disclose the actual hours.

Please keep in mind that I'm not a stake holder so, I don't stand to merit in any way regardless of which of the below happens:

A.) Joe's mom gets to keep the car
B.) You get to keep the car
C.) Credit Union keeps the car
D.) The three parties end up settling something

Sincerely Yours,

PussixD10

Last edited by PussixD10; 08-23-2008 at 06:46 PM.
Old 08-23-2008, 07:14 PM

I think importguy's downfall is no signed work order. Do you have any evidence (recorded or written) of the agreed upon price of $16k plus storage? I mean thats like me owning a shop not charging a storage fee then one day just adding $55/day. Honestly you probably wont get full $16k for this. If Dono was smart he would get a lawyer the 2-3k would be worth it. If he did that and took it to court he would probably only ending up paying 6k. Besides over the last 2 weeks you made almost 3 grand in "donations".

Last edited by USFslim; 08-23-2008 at 07:18 PM.
Old 08-23-2008, 07:32 PM

Originally Posted by USFslim
I think importguy's downfall is no signed work order. Do you have any evidence (recorded or written) of the agreed upon price of $16k plus storage? I mean thats like me owning a shop not charging a storage fee then one day just adding $55/day. Honestly you probably wont get full $16k for this. If Dono was smart he would get a lawyer the 2-3k would be worth it. If he did that and took it to court he would probably only ending up paying 6k. Besides over the last 2 weeks you made almost 3 grand in "donations".
So, Joey already paid ~$1200 cash + $400 bill credit (for a computer Joey put as a down payment, which Mr. Fiehn say is "$400" based on his own eBay search) then this community was generous enough to contribute towards an account of a for-profit company that's yet to be paid via PayPal(which doesn't mean it isn't a reportable income) which amounts to, as of 8/24, $1,600 according to Mr. Fiech.

And then is it really considered a donation to help pay a for-profit business's business dispute?

So, that already is $2,800 paid for + $400 bill credit(amount determined based on importguy1208's own research results)

Despite the generosity of this community, Mr. Fiehn is declining to even give us the hours that was actually put into it. No, he's no obligations to and if he won't answer it, then that's that.

I don't believe I was the first one to ask what the rate was and now Mr. Fiehn
Didn't one of the subcontractors said he was defaulted on?
What was the OP doing outsourcing a job he didn't have the money to pay for? Cash flow issues?

Last edited by PussixD10; 08-25-2008 at 06:29 PM.
Old 08-23-2008, 08:10 PM

Originally Posted by PussixD10
Was it $55/hour effective when Mr. Dono made contact with you and conspicuously shown and/or communicated to him?

So, you're saying that we should just accept the $16,000, and answers to questions asked are privileged and we're not entitled to the information?

If it was "flat rate" why wasn't he furnished a copy of the grand total ahead of time with the exact quote and why do you feel that you need to conceal the actual man hours from us?

If I just called you up on the phone and asked these questions, I know it is none of my business, however you chose to disclose what he owe you, but it makes me go hmmmm when you wouldn't disclose the actual hours.

Please keep in mind that I'm not a stake holder so, I don't stand to merit in any way regardless of which of the below happens:

A.) Joe's mom gets to keep the car
B.) You get to keep the car
C.) Credit Union keeps the car
D.) The three parties end up settling something

Sincerely Yours,

PussixD10

So, Joey already paid ~$1200+$800(in computer) then this community was generous enough to "donate" to a for-profit-entity $3,000 via PayPal(which doesn't mean it isn't a reportable income) which makes the revenue at $4,200 + $800 pending liquidation, making even the claimed amount of $16,000 down to $11,000.

Despite the generosity of this community, Mr. Fiehn is declining to even give us the hours that was actually put into it??

I don't believe I was the first one to ask what the rate was and now Mr. Fiech
What was the OP doing outsourcing a job he didn't have the money to pay for? Cash flow issues?
As Importguy stated it's not anyone's business. I dont blame him. It's his shop. I dont think he needs to justify himself to you or anyone else except to Jono and the law enforcement that may be involved as well as insurance or any parties that are DIRECTLY involved. If you dont believe he did what he was supposed to or over charged then that is your opinion. If you think that he should have been smarter and not do the job without more money down or a higher deposit fine...he already admitted this. If you look at the job and work that was done to the car, and dont think it was fair then that too is your opinion. Some places charge more...some less. Thats up to them. Right or wrong that is a choice that belongs to Importguy and Joe. Joe seemed to make promisses...why dont we argue that point...Reguardless of what was agreed on on paper, Joe knew it was going to cost more. How much more?! may not be known or maybe it was...thats not the point. He came in several more times with parts and wanted more things done to the car. And them promissed to make payments with his grandfathers money. Now again grant it Importguy should have still demanded more money...and yes he agreed he made this mistake. But Joe knew it was costing more money. When it was time for him to pick up the car....Joe Did not have ANY extra money to pay Except $60.....from his Gfriend....now.....what?
He expected to have all that work done for free? Even if Importguy charged him say.....8000? half of what it cost...did joe have that? what about 4000? what about 2000? what about 500?
What say you about the fairness of that...JOE CAME WITH NO EXTRA MONEY. NOT EXPECTING TO PAY MORE THAN JUST THE FRIGGIN PAINT JOB......(cept his Girlfriend came with $60.)

Is that $60 enough? Also if joe wanted to make payments... That's like Acknowledging and accepting that the job was done...and he knew he had to pay some money for services rendered.
Now discuss that.
Old 08-23-2008, 08:24 PM
Awesome User

This is all getting way too complicated and mixed up in lawyer jargon... Let their lawyers figure it out, and then when it's all said and done, the right people will come back and explain what the outcome of it is. Until then, let the actual lawyers dealing with this, and who have all the information, figure it out.
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

-R. J. Wiedemann Lt Col. USMC Ret.
Old 08-23-2008, 08:29 PM
Boom Chackalacka

PussiXD10, I can see your questions making sense and I myself am curios.

I believe importguys has already stated he has a lawyer and that information would be kept tight until issues are resolved. I can see his hesitations to post any information after speaking with his lawyers.

I too am very curios as to how the banks and that legal team decides to handle this. Can anyone put a mechanics lean on a vehicle they worked on? What if it's an exaggerated rate? Is it ok if I do work from my house and get a non paying customer and file a lien?

All good questions, but I don't believe importguy will answer them until it's been resolved, and even then depending on his legal counsel, he may not answer them at all.

Not having seen all the pics it seems expensive at first glance, but shit adds up quick. I understand they did a lot of carbon fiber work, paint and turbo install...

My $.02
Cheers,

*EDIT* P.S. the Dono family does not have enough cash to get an attorney. The only chance they have is if the finance department wants to fight, and even then, I doubt they will give it back to the Dono's since they've already stated how far behind they are. My gut is the bank will try and negotiate. If JAPWorks retained an attorney for the whole process, then they will give the car up and write it off.

Last edited by pheobo; 08-23-2008 at 08:32 PM.
Old 08-24-2008, 01:03 AM

Originally Posted by PussixD10
So, Joey already paid ~$1200+$800(in computer) then this community was generous enough to "donate" to a for-profit-entity $3,000 via PayPal(which doesn't mean it isn't a reportable income) which makes the revenue at $4,200 + $800 pending liquidation, making even the claimed amount of $16,000 down to $11,000.

Despite the generosity of this community, Mr. Fiehn is declining to even give us the hours that was actually put into it??

I don't believe I was the first one to ask what the rate was and now Mr. Fiech

Dont really know why you post..

Are you like.. that interested in this whole story..

Or are you just EXTREMELY nosy?

Either way your arrogant posts bug the crap out of me as you really have no legitimate say in this whole procedure if your doing it for your own 2 cents.. your questions dont help anybody.. nor do they do anything productive but annoy people.. People like you give stains to the whole "freedom of speech" concept as some things (most of your posts) are probably better left unsaid.
Old 08-24-2008, 01:35 AM

I would figure after being sent info on the status of the "car situation" the bank would send a guy out to look at it and see the paperwork on it or something. maybe its still too early for that. those gears turn slowly sometimes.

is there a court date or anything? I think I saw a mention of a time period before the lein goes into effect, is that right? if it is I suspect action to be taken about the time its supposed to take effect.

I am just curious and not trying to be nosey.
Old 08-24-2008, 09:00 AM

i dont see why your not getting this. alot of work was done flat rate... this is common buisness practice in alot of the industry. Were not doing repair work so its pretty hard to sit a hourly value on stuff. whats the book time on installing a turbo kit where nothing fits correctly? whats the book time on painting and smoothing all the interior panels/? whats the book time on building the sub enclosure? were not a stereo shop... as far as the cost of the enclosure, i got a quote from another shop owner were friends with, then i maked it down quite a bit. hourly rates are hard to quote. theres a few things where we've alrleady got an idea on what kind of time to quote and those are hourly, but thats it.

86.5 toyota supra- 1jz never to be finished
01 mitsu eclipse v6 5mt chick car daily
98 honda accord ex- h22 swapped daily driver