General Car Chat Talk about cars in general. All makes and models - strictly car discussion.

ATTN: Joe Dono AKA SCP_Celica SCAMMER

Old 08-24-2008, 11:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by flyspyder55
i dont see why your not getting this. alot of work was done flat rate... this is common buisness practice in alot of the industry. Were not doing repair work so its pretty hard to sit a hourly value on stuff. whats the book time on installing a turbo kit where nothing fits correctly? whats the book time on painting and smoothing all the interior panels/? whats the book time on building the sub enclosure? were not a stereo shop... as far as the cost of the enclosure, i got a quote from another shop owner were friends with, then i maked it down quite a bit. hourly rates are hard to quote. theres a few things where we've alrleady got an idea on what kind of time to quote and those are hourly, but thats it.
He does get it.. hes just trying to be different and waste peoples time..
Old 08-24-2008, 11:33 AM
doowutchyalike

Geez this thread is now getting fucking annoying. Just freakin INGNORE those stupid comments, DONT FEED THE TROLLS, NOT to hard to understand at ALL....

When hes ready to make an update im sure he will.....Most of us NOW have some of OUR own money invested into this (Donations) and Im sure they (JAP Works) will keep us posted unless theres going to be alot of mad folks out there!!!!

This isnt a speedy process that takes overnight.........

(C)lassic (A)merican (P)erformance (R)acing (I)nspired
Old 08-24-2008, 01:06 PM

Originally Posted by flyspyder55
pink race3r
(or anyone with team ssp,) could you give me a link to his posts? i could use those
teamSSP ~ View topic - Looking to join

All the stuff I posted was found here, but it seems they've edited out his post to clarify that he's not one of them. it is copied and pasted into my quotes from SSP.

And I'm not SSP either, just an interested Canadian.
Old 08-24-2008, 05:20 PM
Wide Open and Sideways!

Originally Posted by USFslim
I think importguy's downfall is no signed work order. Do you have any evidence (recorded or written) of the agreed upon price of $16k plus storage? I mean thats like me owning a shop not charging a storage fee then one day just adding $55/day. Honestly you probably wont get full $16k for this. If Dono was smart he would get a lawyer the 2-3k would be worth it. If he did that and took it to court he would probably only ending up paying 6k. Besides over the last 2 weeks you made almost 3 grand in "donations".

There was an original signed invoice for $4,100.

Florida Statute only requires oral confirmation of work requested.

Storage fees are clearly listed on the invoices as per Florida Statute requirements.

Prices were discussed as work was discussed.

Even if Joe took this to court, he doesn't have ANY money to pay. Not to mention they would need to post a bond for the full invoice amount before the case will be heard and they don't have the money for that either.

Donation total was less than $1600, no where near $3,000. But every dollar was GREATLY appreciated in this whole ordeal.
Old 08-24-2008, 05:31 PM
Wide Open and Sideways!

Originally Posted by PussixD10
Was it $55/hour effective when Mr. Dono made contact with you and conspicuously shown and/or communicated to him?

So, you're saying that we should just accept the $16,000, and answers to questions asked are privileged and we're not entitled to the information?

If it was "flat rate" why wasn't he furnished a copy of the grand total ahead of time with the exact quote and why do you feel that you need to conceal the actual man hours from us?

If I just called you up on the phone and asked these questions, I know it is none of my business, however you chose to disclose what he owe you, but it makes me go hmmmm when you wouldn't disclose the actual hours.

Please keep in mind that I'm not a stake holder so, I don't stand to merit in any way regardless of which of the below happens:

A.) Joe's mom gets to keep the car
B.) You get to keep the car
C.) Credit Union keeps the car
D.) The three parties end up settling something

Sincerely Yours,

PussixD10

Shop rate was $55/hour effective when Joe Dono made contact with me. Shop rate usually only comes into play when I have standard collision work or something that I can put an hourly rate on such as a Nitrous Install which I usually quote at 4 hours.

There is no "Book Time" to quote on a Carbon Roof Overlay, or a Hatch Overlay, or a custom fiberglass enclosure with a carbon overlay, or a custom two-tone repaint with a complete disassembly, or any of the other dozen things that were done that I usually quote flat rate.

I really could care less if YOU accept the total. As long as the court accepts it you can think whatever you want.

I have NEVER disclosed an actual amount that is owed on the car. Time and time again I have simply said ALMOST $16K.

Why would you be entitled to answers to questions that are none of your concern? Can I ask you what kind of car payments you have, what kind of down-payment did you put down, what was the out the door price, and with what credit score did you manage all this? Feel free to include your social, DOB, and the correct mailing address.

He didn't receive an invoice of the final amount because he was adding things right up to the last minute and he had not been to the shop in over a month. What good will YOU having the man hours bring about?
Old 08-24-2008, 05:36 PM

Was it $55/hour effective when Mr. Dono made contact with you and conspicuously shown and/or communicated to him?

So, you're saying that we should just accept the $16,000, and answers to questions asked are privileged and we're not entitled to the information?

If it was "flat rate" why wasn't he furnished a copy of the grand total ahead of time with the exact quote and why do you feel that you need to conceal the actual man hours from us?

If I just called you up on the phone and asked these questions, I know it is none of my business, however you chose to disclose what he owe you, but it makes me go hmmmm when you wouldn't disclose the actual hours.

Please keep in mind that I'm not a stake holder so, I don't stand to merit in any way regardless of which of the below happens:

A.) Joe's mom gets to keep the car
B.) You get to keep the car
C.) Credit Union keeps the car
D.) The three parties end up settling something

Sincerely Yours,

PussixD10
intead of writing you should read,there's post of joe dono talking about all the work that's being done to his car all over the net.
ive seen pics and all the work on this car,nice job but notmy cup of tea

like i said quit yaping and just google.lol

good luck japworks

READ THIS teamSSP ~ View topic - Looking to join

Last edited by chan; 08-24-2008 at 05:40 PM.
Old 08-24-2008, 05:47 PM
Wide Open and Sideways!

So, Joey already paid ~$1200+$800(in computer) then this community was generous enough to "donate" to a for-profit-entity $3,000 via PayPal(which doesn't mean it isn't a reportable income) which makes the revenue at $4,200 + $800 pending liquidation, making even the claimed amount of $16,000 down to $11,000.

Despite the generosity of this community, Mr. Fiehn is declining to even give us the hours that was actually put into it??

I don't believe I was the first one to ask what the rate was and now Mr. Fiech
Didn't one of the subcontractors said he was defaulted on?
What was the OP doing outsourcing a job he didn't have the money to pay for? Cash flow issues?
First off I have already addressed the paypal amount. We also gave him $400 credit for the computer as that is what the going rate for the same model was on eBay at the time. So that makes $1600, I don't see how the donations are supposed to go towards Joe's bill.

Now I could be wrong but I am pretty sure that no one on here was donating to help Joe get his car back. Just a thought.

You want an idea on hours then find a labor guide for an '04 Celica and figure out how many hours to r&r engine, hood, fenders, headlights, front bumper, doors, sunroof, hatch, rear bumper, exhaust system, ALL glass, front AND rear seats, ALL interior panels, steering wheel, dash, and whatever else I am forgetting at the moment.

Then take into account that front & rear bumpers and sideskirts had to have factory black plastic removed and re-installed, the engine bay required more than just removal of the engine, the sub-frame was dropped, the engine bay had to be completely stripped, steering shaft removed, all clips/bolts removed, etc.

The sub-contractor is a close friend who came in to hang-out and we asked him if he wanted to help us out and we would pay him for it. Branden and I had other things we needed to do to the car and we were willing to pay our friend to install the gauges, wire the e-manage, finish the nitrous install, and wire/install the stereo system. He knows the situation, he feels he was more than taken care of regardless of what the situation is. He received both monetary payment as well as parts in exchange for his labor.

The "sub-contractor" understood that he would be paid when we were paid for the job. We didn't just bring in some random person and expect them to wait on their money.

And CASH FLOW ISSUES? Are you serious? Have you read this thread? We are a young start-up company that has sunk a great deal, actually ALL, of our personal money into a car that we were hoping would bring attention to our shop.

Although this car HAS brought attention I still don't know if it will do any good because if we can't pull through this then what is the point of the attention.
Old 08-24-2008, 05:52 PM

a damn..celica.....im speechless.
Old 08-24-2008, 06:06 PM

Originally Posted by Wakeup
As Importguy stated it's not anyone's business. I dont blame him. It's his shop. I dont think he needs to justify himself to you or anyone else except to Jono and the law enforcement that may be involved as well as insurance or any parties that are DIRECTLY involved. If you dont believe he did what he was supposed to or over charged then that is your opinion. If you think that he should have been smarter and not do the job without more money down or a higher deposit fine...he already admitted this. If you look at the job and work that was done to the car, and dont think it was fair then that too is your opinion.

Some places charge more...some less. Thats up to them. Right or wrong that is a choice that belongs to Importguy and Joe. Joe seemed to make promisses...why dont we argue that point...Reguardless of what was agreed on on paper, Joe knew it was going to cost more. How much more?! may not be known or maybe it was...thats not the point. He came in several more times with parts and wanted more things done to the car. And them promissed to make payments with his grandfathers money. Now again grant it Importguy should have still demanded more money...and yes he agreed he made this mistake. But Joe knew it was costing more money. When it was time for him to pick up the car....Joe Did not have ANY extra money to pay Except $60.....from his Gfriend....now.....what?
He expected to have all that work done for free? Even if Importguy charged him say.....8000? half of what it cost...did joe have that? what about 4000? what about 2000? what about 500?
What say you about the fairness of that...JOE CAME WITH NO EXTRA MONEY. NOT EXPECTING TO PAY MORE THAN JUST THE FRIGGIN PAINT JOB......(cept his Girlfriend came with $60.)

Is that $60 enough? Also if joe wanted to make payments... That's like Acknowledging and accepting that the job was done...and he knew he had to pay some money for services rendered.
Now discuss that.
Uh, sure none of this is our business and we didn't have to know about it, but Mr. Fiehn made it our business by making a post about it on his own will. I personally think there's enough of Joe this and that, and I decided that I'd ask the other side questions to so that it's not solely based what something someone pick and chose to post.

I'm not explicitly stating that "oh that bill is bullshit". So, instead of posting "Joe sucks, he's 100% wrong, GO JAPWorks" if I find anything that makes me wonder, I'm going to ask questions.

This is a QUESTION with no obligation to answer. Those of you who don't like seeing something other than what you want to hear are free to exercise selective blindness.

JAP Works <raffle link.
A raffle, which the participant MUST purchase a ticket to become eligible to win the prize. I'm not making any conclusive statement, however I'm curious if a "raffle" intended to benefit a for-profit private company is legal and if this particular raffle has been lawfully licensed as per:
Statutes & Constitution :View Statutes : flsenate.gov

importguy1208, is this raffle being conducted in a manner consistent with State of Florida gaming and gambling law as far as you know or are we not privileged to know this?
Old 08-24-2008, 06:14 PM

This is a QUESTION with no obligation to answer. Those of you who don't like seeing something other than what you want to hear are free to exercise selective blindness.

JAP Works <raffle link.
A raffle, which the participant MUST purchase a ticket to become eligible to win the prize. I'm not making any conclusive statement, however I'm curious if a "raffle" intended to benefit a for-profit private company is legal and if this particular raffle has been lawfully licensed as per:
Statutes & Constitution :View Statutes : flsenate.gov

importguy1208, is this raffle being conducted in a manner consistent with State of Florida gaming and gambling law as far as you know or are we not privileged to know this?

lol, its like hey I got screwed cause I was too stupid to take a down payment and make someone sign a workorder, give me money!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!

849.0935 Charitable, nonprofit organizations; drawings by chance; required disclosures; unlawful acts and practices; penalties.-- (b) "Organization" means an organization which is exempt from federal income taxation pursuant to 26 U.S.C. s. 501(c)(3), (4), (7), (, (10), or (19), and which has a current determination letter from the Internal Revenue Service, and its bona fide members or officers.