General Car Chat Talk about cars in general. All makes and models - strictly car discussion.

ATTN: Joe Dono AKA SCP_Celica SCAMMER

Old 08-24-2008, 06:19 PM
Wide Open and Sideways!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by PussixD10
Uh, sure none of this is our business and we didn't have to know about it, but Mr. Fiehn made it our business by making a post about it on his own will. I personally think there's enough of Joe this and that, and I decided that I'd ask the other side questions to so that it's not solely based what something someone pick and chose to post.

I'm not explicitly stating that "oh that bill is bullshit". So, instead of posting "Joe sucks, he's 100% wrong, GO JAPWorks" if I find anything that makes me wonder, I'm going to ask questions.

This is a QUESTION with no obligation to answer. Those of you who don't like seeing something other than what you want to hear are free to exercise selective blindness.

JAP Works <raffle link.
A raffle, which the participant MUST purchase a ticket to become eligible to win the prize. I'm not making any conclusive statement, however I'm curious if a "raffle" intended to benefit a for-profit private company is legal and if this particular raffle has been lawfully licensed as per:
Statutes & Constitution :View Statutes : flsenate.gov

importguy1208, is this raffle being conducted in a manner consistent with State of Florida gaming and gambling law as far as you know or are we not privileged to know this?
First off I am not hosting the raffle. AS to the profits that are going to be gained from this raffle they are going towards bills that have been accrued because of this escapade caused by Joe Dono. Whether they be personal or business is yet to be determined, so if Pheobo wants to make a donation after he raffles something off then so be it.

SO if you want an answer to your question you need to ask the right person.
Old 08-24-2008, 06:23 PM
Wide Open and Sideways!

Originally Posted by USFslim
lol, its like hey I got screwed cause I was too stupid to take a down payment and make someone sign a workorder, give me money!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!

No it's like hey you are a fucking retard that gets by reading comprehension.

There WAS a down payment!
There WAS a signed workorder!
There WAS NOT a request for money!
There WAS a request by the TR community for ME to open an account to accept donations! Which I did only after being blitzed with requests to do so.
Old 08-24-2008, 06:24 PM
Wide Open and Sideways!

If my intention was to make money on this whole thing I would have posted it elsewhere. This is the only site I posted this at.

It was simply meant to be an awareness thread to let people know what had happened.

Can you seriously get off my ass now? K thanks!
Old 08-24-2008, 06:25 PM

Originally Posted by importguy1208

There WAS a down payment!
There WAS a signed workorder!
There WAS NOT a request for money!
There WAS a request by the TR community for ME to open an account to accept donations! Which I did only after being blitzed with requests to do so.

Your business sense = teh fail! no wonder you are going under you can not conduct a business in a professional manner, come to think of it no "performance" shop in the bay area can they all go under within 5-7 years, fits the crowd I guess. No I dont want to go into how your business is fail cause you would be reading a 20 page post.
Old 08-24-2008, 06:32 PM
Wide Open and Sideways!

Originally Posted by USFslim
Your business sense = teh fail! no wonder you are going under you can not conduct a business in a professional manner, come to think of it no "performance" shop in the bay area can they all go under within 5-7 years, fits the crowd I guess. No I dont want to go into how your business is fail cause you would be reading a 20 page post.
Your comeback=
Old 08-24-2008, 06:32 PM

First off I am not hosting the raffle. AS to the profits that are going to be gained from this raffle they are going towards bills that have been accrued because of this escapade caused by Joe Dono.
Ok, although I was asking you the question I wasn't asking who's hosting it.

So, I guess it's like a raffle set up with the named recipient of revenues being Wal*Mart Corporation with all profits going to recouping losses caused by shoplifting and retail fraud, but is being operated by someone other than the recipient of the revenue.

I'm just asking questions though. I don't really care personally. If one of you care enough, then feel free to call State of Florida and ask if raffles intended for recoup business losses incurred to a profit making entity is legal.

Ask something like
i.e. can banks have a raffle in its parking lot to ease the losses they suffered from defaulted loans?

or ask if this specific case is legal.

If one of you end up finding the answer, I wouldn't mind seeing the answer.

Whether they be personal or business is yet to be determined, so if Pheobo wants to make a donation after he raffles something off then so be it.

SO if you want an answer to your question you need to ask the right person.
Is it even a "donation" when it is to cover business expenses of a FOR PROFIT company? I'm not sure....
Old 08-24-2008, 06:35 PM
Wide Open and Sideways!

Ok, although I was asking you the question I wasn't asking who's hosting it.

So, I guess it's like a raffle set up with the named recipient of revenues being Wal*Mart Corporation with all profits going to recouping losses caused by shoplifting and retail fraud, but is being operated by someone other than the recipient of the revenue.

I'm just asking questions though. I don't really care personally. If one of you care enough, then feel free to call State of Florida and ask if raffles intended for recoup business losses incurred to a profit making entity.

Ask something like
i.e. can banks have a raffle in its parking lot to ease the losses they suffered from defaulted loans?

or ask if this specific case is legal.

If one of you end up finding the answer, I wouldn't mind seeing the answer.

Is it even a "donation" when it is to cover business expenses of a FOR PROFIT company? I'm not sure....
BLAH BLAH BLAH! Do you READ before you post. The raffle isn't to cover business expenses per say. The raffle is to cover personal expenses that we incurred because of this escapade with Joe.

Most of the business expenses have been covered by the donations made through paypal. Unfortunately this car was completed at the expense of not paying personal bills and hopefully we will simply be able to get caught up so that we can continue to operate.
Old 08-24-2008, 07:07 PM

No dumbass, then it's called investing.
Old 08-24-2008, 07:10 PM

BLAH BLAH BLAH! Do you READ before you post. The raffle isn't to cover business expenses per say. The raffle is to cover personal expenses that we incurred because of this escapade with Joe.
I haven't done anything like this and I do not know, however if you pay for a business cost out of pocket from your personal pocket book, then a raffle that benefits you in personal name, is that any more legal? I'm not sure.

Most of the business expenses have been covered by the donations made through paypal. Unfortunately this car was completed at the expense of not paying personal bills and hopefully we will simply be able to get caught up so that we can continue to operate.
Well, maybe I suck at searching, but Division of Corporation of State of Florida doesn't even have you listed for anything, other than that the two owners mentioned here and a third guy owns the name "JAP WORKS", I would've figured that if it's a limited liability company of it's own entity, it would be there... but if it's not, I don't understand how you three's personal/business expeses are different. Someone with better knowledge can chime in though. I attached the PDF... search away...

I express my opinion that the way you present yourself as someone running business is unprofessional.

Last edited by PussixD10; 08-24-2008 at 07:23 PM.
Old 08-24-2008, 07:22 PM

omg joe took the car to get done,it's complete for what we all can see.

it don't take a genius to figure this shit out pussi .

pussi why are you so interested in flaming japworks .

are you joe?

ive read this entire post there's no reply from joe