General Car Chat Talk about cars in general. All makes and models - strictly car discussion.

ATTN: Joe Dono AKA SCP_Celica SCAMMER

Old 08-28-2008, 02:41 PM
banana republic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by USFslim
...so only people that donated get to post? people are fucking idiots
Thank you.

Look, It's simple people, this guy is STILL going to get paid for the work he did on this car. No, probably not by Joe Dono...But he will (by his own admission) get paid by the bank who apparently owns the first lien on the car. In fact, this guy (JAPWorks) is quite adamant about this and has posted it in other threads already.

So....He is going to be paid for the work he did...Basicly, he's not loosing a dime.....and you guys are giving him money because why? You feel sorry for him? Why? Because he lost his money for 6 months to a year? He is still going to get the money back (according to JAPWorks, not Joe Dono). And yet, you're giong to just GIVE him money?

I want some then.

Originally Posted by rotarykidd
maybe i just like rainbows and puke, who says it has to be a gay thing?
Old 08-28-2008, 02:42 PM
Awesome User

All this is going to get the thread locked pretty fast.
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

-R. J. Wiedemann Lt Col. USMC Ret.
Old 08-28-2008, 02:53 PM
word

Am I the only one who puts the strawberry syrup in their coffee when they go to IHOP?

94' Sentra, 65' Mustang, 89' 240 Hatch, 90' 240 Hatch, 90' CA18 Coupe, 89' Sexy Gold Hatch, 99' Sentra (SR20), 95' s14 , 93' BMW 325is, 91' SR'd 240, 95' s14, 90' KA24DE-R, 89' KA24E-T (soon to be 500hp) (only a few of the cars I have owned, ugh..)
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]
Old 08-28-2008, 03:51 PM
banana republic

Originally Posted by M374llic4
Am I the only one who puts the strawberry syrup in their coffee when they go to IHOP?
No, you're not.

Old 08-28-2008, 04:49 PM
Wide Open and Sideways!

Originally Posted by 95coBraSVT
Thank you.

Look, It's simple people, this guy is STILL going to get paid for the work he did on this car. No, probably not by Joe Dono...But he will (by his own admission) get paid by the bank who apparently owns the first lien on the car. In fact, this guy (JAPWorks) is quite adamant about this and has posted it in other threads already.

So....He is going to be paid for the work he did...Basicly, he's not loosing a dime.....and you guys are giving him money because why? You feel sorry for him? Why? Because he lost his money for 6 months to a year? He is still going to get the money back (according to JAPWorks, not Joe Dono). And yet, you're giong to just GIVE him money?

I want some then.
First off I am going to DEFINITELY include you in the list of morons that have posted in this thread. TIME AND TIME AND TIME again you have either not completely read OR mis-read what has been posted.

PLEASE prove me wrong by understanding what I am saying and what has been said.

YES I am going to get paid for the work I have done.

However, I am loosing a great deal of income because of this fiasco. I am unable to run my shop. I have interested clients that want work done that I am unable to do at the moment.

People donated because they felt bad for the situation I was in. What is so hard to understand about that?
Old 08-28-2008, 04:53 PM
Wide Open and Sideways!

Originally Posted by USFslim
...so only people that donated get to post? people are fucking idiots
Pretty sure he never said anything about you not being able to post if you didn't donate.

His point was that if you don't want to donate, then don't. But say what you have to say and then get out. Stop trying to dig up shit that isn't there.

If you have something factual to say or prove then do it. Otherwise just leave this thread.

Last edited by importguy1208; 08-28-2008 at 07:01 PM.
Old 08-28-2008, 05:03 PM
22+24 = 224

If you want to donate, donate. If you don't want to donate, then don't fucking donate. It's clearly black and white. Why are you so obsessed over the OP receiving donations ESPECIALLY WHEN YOU DID NOT DONATE?

IMO You have no authority to question if he is running a 'scam' if you haven't been 'scammed' by him [donating money]. You're clearly just blowing smoke up everyone's ass. Get your head out of your ass.

I read the OP's post BEFORE he edited his post to add the line 'accepting paypal donations.' Another member of this board stated that he [OP] should open a papypal account to accept donations. Which the OP did and he is now receiving donations.

Kudos to the OP. I trust and hope he will use the donations wisely.
Old 08-28-2008, 05:46 PM
banana republic

Originally Posted by importguy1208
First off I am going to DEFINITELY include you in the list of morons that have posted in this thread. TIME AND TIME AND TIME again you have either not completely read OR mis-read what has been posted.

PLEASE prove me wrong by understanding what I am saying and what has been said.

YES I am going to get paid for the work I have done.

However, I am loosing a great deal of income because of this fiasco. I am unable to run my shop. I have interested clients that want work done that I am unable to do at the moment.

People donated because they felt bad for the situation I was in. What is so hard to understand about that?
I don't see ANY reason why you "can't run your shop" right now. All you have to do is take a 50% deposit on work ordered(like you should have before). 50% is more than enough to pay for the parts, and a little of the labor. Once the work is done, you collect the remainder. Pretty simple to me. And yes, I've worked in a shop before, so I understand whats involved a bit better than the average bear. I currently own my own business also which, while it's not an auto shop, gives me a bit more understanding as well. So how is it that you are "loosing a great deal of income because of this fiasco"? It seems to me, you are MAKING a bit of income due to this "fiasco. In fact, if you make enough to cover the cost of Joe Dono's car, then you have made $32,000 on a $16,000 job. Not too shabby if I do say so myself. I am seriously jealous that I didn't think this up before.

So, in closing, I understand EXACTLY what you are doing here. You're no t much better than Joe Dono. He tried to take ONE PERSON'S money. YOURS.....You are trying to take a LOT of peoples money....OURS. Sorry, my money is already spoken for. When you get "paid" for this job from the bank, I would seriously hope that you will give all donors their cash BACK. However, I suspect you will simply take the check and go on about your business...Maybe have a big party, and then buy more stuff for your own car. Yeah...kudos to you.

Old 08-28-2008, 06:03 PM
Banned

who gives a shit about his fuckin shop.... this fucking scammer punk was prob the best thing that ever happen this fuckin shop... i bet his shit was on the news and everything..

i would never take my car to a shop.... most of them don't know what the fuck there doing.. after dealing with shops like this around here.. fuck'am.

this kid is ripping off people left and right... fucking stealing peoples shit... this shop had the money to put out.. and they still have the parts and a free car .... they didn't lose shit.... they could sell that car for 40K or more... and yet there getting free money from you morons... they didn't lose shit! and there gonna get money from the fuckin bank!

Last edited by NiGHT-RIDER; 08-28-2008 at 06:05 PM.
Old 08-28-2008, 06:09 PM
banana republic

Actually, his work looks good, and I'm ure it's worth what he charges, but....He's still getting paid double because he has a good sob story....And THATS where I have the problem.