General Car Chat Talk about cars in general. All makes and models - strictly car discussion.

ATTN: Joe Dono AKA SCP_Celica SCAMMER

Old 08-28-2008, 06:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^stfu troll
Old 08-28-2008, 06:12 PM
Wide Open and Sideways!

Originally Posted by 95coBraSVT
I don't see ANY reason why you "can't run your shop" right now. All you have to do is take a 50% deposit on work ordered(like you should have before). 50% is more than enough to pay for the parts, and a little of the labor. Once the work is done, you collect the remainder. Pretty simple to me. And yes, I've worked in a shop before, so I understand whats involved a bit better than the average bear. I currently own my own business also which, while it's not an auto shop, gives me a bit more understanding as well. So how is it that you are "loosing a great deal of income because of this fiasco"? It seems to me, you are MAKING a bit of income due to this "fiasco. In fact, if you make enough to cover the cost of Joe Dono's car, then you have made $32,000 on a $16,000 job. Not too shabby if I do say so myself. I am seriously jealous that I didn't think this up before.

So, in closing, I understand EXACTLY what you are doing here. You're no t much better than Joe Dono. He tried to take ONE PERSON'S money. YOURS.....You are trying to take a LOT of peoples money....OURS. Sorry, my money is already spoken for. When you get "paid" for this job from the bank, I would seriously hope that you will give all donors their cash BACK. However, I suspect you will simply take the check and go on about your business...Maybe have a big party, and then buy more stuff for your own car. Yeah...kudos to you.
Like I said...

If you had read you would have understood that we were moving to a larger shop and we were waiting to get Joe's car done before we moved.

The money we had tucked aside for the move ended up going into Joe's car so that we could get it finished. Also already stated in this thread.

We had over two weeks, almost three, between when we finished Joe's car and we needed to be out of the building we were in at the time. Plenty of time to move out and get moved in to the new building and situated.

Because Joe screwed us on the payment, we are unable to secure the building we were going to move into. I am currently WITHOUT a shop and therefore I am UNABLE to work on client's cars.

And I don't see how $1,500 donated from members is putting me in a position where I am "MAKING a bit of income due to this fiasco." JUST rent for one month on the shop is over half again that much.

Perhaps you AGAIN failed to read and comprehend how much was donated when I have posted how much the donations were at SEVERAL times.

And if you are jealous you didn't think it up then thank the MEMBERS who suggested I open an account specifically for donations. They are the ones who ruined your dreams, not me.

The last thing I will address is the 50% deposit thing.

First off I'm pretty sure this horse has beat to the point of oblivion. Seriously, it's been covered, thank you for bringing it back up Captain Obvious.

Second, if you go to most shops and they require a down payment, as a rule of thumb most of them say 50%. BUT they are also almost always willing to work with the customers on a case by case basis and I assure you that more often then not there is less than a 50% deposit.

I know for a fact that a lot of shops either have a very small deposit or none at all. The simple fact is that they know that if the customer wants their car back they are going to have to pay for what was done or risk losing their car. This is what Joe is going through.

Just please read this and then leave this thread.

You have done nothing but try to cause controversy and you have succeeded so call it a night and leave.

Last edited by importguy1208; 08-28-2008 at 07:01 PM.
Old 08-28-2008, 06:13 PM

sorry that was for the kid above you
Old 08-28-2008, 06:14 PM
Wide Open and Sideways!

Originally Posted by 95coBraSVT
Actually, his work looks good, and I'm ure it's worth what he charges, but....He's still getting paid double because he has a good sob story....And THATS where I have the problem.
Actually if you read the statutes I am only entitled to what I am owed on the car. If the car sells for more then that I am LEGALLY required to give it to the finance company.

NO EXTRA PROFIT for me! So apparently you DON'T have a reason to have a problem any more.
Old 08-28-2008, 06:17 PM
SLEEPERS FTW!!

95COBRASVT.... I was the one that came up with the idea to create the paypal account so we could donate to them. I do nt know JAPWORKS nor have i ever had my car worked on there. I just thought it would be a good way to help. Not once did they ever "ask" for money. I though it would be nice to support them however we could, and im pretty sure that everyone that donated money, understood what it was going towards. HELPING OUT SOMEBODY.

Originally Posted by Lancerman
Yeah, I like the yellow car, I take it to return movies every once in a while.
LGPHOTOGRAPHY on FLICKR
NIKON USER D60 BABY!!
Originally Posted by Hoosier Daddy
oh g'damnit I always end up in the Nikon user's sigs.
Old 08-28-2008, 07:10 PM
Banned

wheres this joe kid live...we should get in his celica and drive past his house beepin the horn and doing auto tranny drops lol how much do you need to get running again iam always looking to invest in a company if theres a return in store pm me if you need the 16k ill invest it in you lmk
Old 08-28-2008, 07:31 PM
The Right-Wing

Originally Posted by IWANNASUPRA
wheres this joe kid live...we should get in his celica and drive past his house beepin the horn and doing auto tranny drops lol how much do you need to get running again iam always looking to invest in a company if theres a return in store pm me if you need the 16k ill invest it in you lmk
Old 08-28-2008, 08:28 PM
Wide Open and Sideways!

Originally Posted by TunerElite
Hey you never know, there is always those born into money who have grandparents, parents, aunts, uncles, whatever that pass away young and leave them with tons of money that they have no clue what to do with.
Old 08-28-2008, 08:53 PM

to the guy bitching about donations

"in closing" means your done talking.

and 40k for that car...jesus christ, how in gods name did you get to tampa racing, you obviously dont know too much about car lol.

as far as getting paid double goes... tell you what.. lets take all your income for 4.5 months, and you give it to me to hold. then i'll give you 1500 dollars, and then in 3 months i'll give you your 4.5 months worth of income back.

according to you, this wouldnt be a big deal. so lets do this. put your money where your mouth is.

you just got pwnd by logic

86.5 toyota supra- 1jz never to be finished
01 mitsu eclipse v6 5mt chick car daily
98 honda accord ex- h22 swapped daily driver
Old 08-28-2008, 10:59 PM

Logic>hate posts..