General Car Chat Talk about cars in general. All makes and models - strictly car discussion.

ATTN: Joe Dono AKA SCP_Celica SCAMMER

Old 08-29-2008, 12:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by NiGHT-RIDER
who gives a shit about his fuckin shop.... this fucking scammer punk was prob the best thing that ever happen this fuckin shop... i bet his shit was on the news and everything..

i would never take my car to a shop.... most of them don't know what the fuck there doing.. after dealing with shops like this around here.. fuck'am.

this kid is ripping off people left and right... fucking stealing peoples shit... this shop had the money to put out.. and they still have the parts and a free car .... they didn't lose shit.... they could sell that car for 40K or more... and yet there getting free money from you morons... they didn't lose shit! and there gonna get money from the fuckin bank!

I'm not sure we're the morons here. I've read this thread from when it all started and this is one of the dumbest posts I've found, and not because you throw out swear words like there going out of style. And not to diss the work or anything but if you would price this car at 40k you are a moron. Maybe and this is a giant maybe 25k, maybe. Base Model Celica(auto for that matter) with some great work done to it doesn't change that it is a Base Model Celica. I have a 2005 RSX with a DVD player in it want to buy it for 40K???
Old 08-29-2008, 12:31 AM

Originally Posted by 95coBraSVT
Thank you.

Look, It's simple people, this guy is STILL going to get paid for the work he did on this car. No, probably not by Joe Dono...But he will (by his own admission) get paid by the bank who apparently owns the first lien on the car. In fact, this guy (JAPWorks) is quite adamant about this and has posted it in other threads already.

So....He is going to be paid for the work he did...Basicly, he's not loosing a dime.....and you guys are giving him money because why? You feel sorry for him? Why? Because he lost his money for 6 months to a year? He is still going to get the money back (according to JAPWorks, not Joe Dono). And yet, you're giong to just GIVE him money?

I want some then.
And how is he scamming? I still dont get what you are saying. Again, he didnt ask for the donations. He still hasn't gotten paid for the car. He can't sell the car yet till it ACTUALLY becomes his....which as far as I know from READING THE FRIGGIN THREAD THRU AND THRU....he just has it locked up WAITING FOR AN ANSWER ON THE MECHANICS LIEN...
Also we've heard from Joe. He just threatened to take his car back...He has posted on a forum or two about ALL THE WORK that was to be done to his car even after the paint job....he told Japworks that he PLANNED to PAY with his Grandfathers money...So verbally he agreed. He came BACK TO THE SHOP with his Girlfriend's $60, hoping that would be enough to get the car out of hock...(and not much more has been paid for except for his initial down payment originally for the paint job...and a laptop. And he came in a few times with Extra parts that needed to be installed....understanding labor was to be involved...) Unfortunately due to being OVERLY Trusting...Especially since the CAR is inhand....you tend to do the work expecting that you will get paid. Grant it he already fested up that he now wishes he had not taken the job, or wished he had pushed for money up front...

Again we're in a world where trust is a BIG issue. As any shop owner, and since you claim to have worked for a shop, YOU WISH YOU COULD TRUSTTTTTTTTT your clients....And take them for their word.
I do that all the time. I worked at a few computer shops as a Technician, and we get people's desktops and laptops etc all day long. Grant it generally we're not doing THOUSANDS upon 10 thousands of dollars in service on one item. We're doing maybe hundreds to maybe a couple thousand. But sometimes we take no Downpayment because the customer does not have the money in hand. Most of the time we do the work and trust the customer will come in with their payment. We get the few like Joe, whom we fix their problems they come in with other peices extra parts and extra things that we find need to be done, and in the end gets pissed because it is costing so much. sometimes they dont want to pay most of the time we get paid. This world is full of people that are scammers and morons who dug a whole deeper than their pockets allow. And just think they are entitled to get what they want. It is too bad this world has come to this. People like JOE.....has made the world what it is. Wouldn't you want to trust your neighbor next door to you to loan him something valuable to you? or your friend? or a family member? Nowadays you cant loan anything out in fear that your item may break and cause injury or damage to your family members even though you are trying to be helpful. God you cant even protect your own business or house due to the theif that breaks in hurts himself on some of your equipment or fence or something so he sues YOU even though he tried to rob you!? Sheesh...All because of people like Joe....

In most of the shops I worked at, we can't lend out a screwdriver to someone who just wants to uninstall their video card or they just want to install their new ram stick or replace their hard drive real quick; all EASY STUFF to do...right on the front counter...mainly due to state health association and the fact that if they hurt themselves with my friggin screwdriver they can sue me or my company even though I was NICE ENOUGH to lend them my tools to fix their problems. Geeze...
Long story short this is why people like us are willing to help other people like Japworks.

You keep throwing daggers, but none of your daggers are sticking. Why? Because you did not do any research. you did VERY little. and then you start pointing fingers and say what has been said over and over and over...AGAIN AND AGAIN... Why dont you question Joe...and see why he should get his car back? do you think he should? do you think he's not a scammer? then by all means PROVE this point. Then everyone will have to shut up. But you have to have evidence of such...otherwise your posts are meaningless and stupid, continuing to make you look like a moron.
Old 08-29-2008, 02:52 AM
Wide Open and Sideways!

So, in closing, I understand EXACTLY what you are doing here. You're no t much better than Joe Dono. He tried to take ONE PERSON'S money. YOURS.....You are trying to take a LOT of peoples money....OURS. Sorry, my money is already spoken for. When you get "paid" for this job from the bank, I would seriously hope that you will give all donors their cash BACK. However, I suspect you will simply take the check and go on about your business...Maybe have a big party, and then buy more stuff for your own car. Yeah...kudos to you.
I think you have JAP Works confused with Driven Concepts. I'm no Ian Hannigan and neither is Branden. We both have personal projects that have been on the back burner, no, I take that back, they haven't even been on the stove, in a very long time.

I have a 9,400 mile Black on Black six speed LS2 Clean Title GTO that I bought wrecked with some damage for a very good price that I intended on fixing up, driving for a little bit, and then selling for a profit so that I could buy things to make the shop a better shop.

It needed a core support and a frame rail and rather than try to do it myself I had a large collision center do the work on their laser frame machine.

They did not do anything other than install the frame rail and core support as I am more than qualified to do the rest of the work and didn't see why I should spend money paying them to do somethign I could do when I could invest that same money into the shop.

The car was finished on their end back in January. Since I got the car back I've installed a brake line, played with the wiring harness to get everything back in place, did a little bondo work, and played with the alignment on the front end. The fenders are not bolted on, the front bumpe had two screws holding it in place, and the hood is just bolted down and not aligned. If I was spending customers money on buying parts for my car I would have full exhaust, APS Twin Turbo system, full dyno tune, some real nice wheels/tires, and a painted, driveable car.

As it is the car is sitting behind a friends house because I PUT THE CUSTOMER FIRST.

Branden has a Supra that has been his pride and joy for three years. You know why it's been three years? Because three years ago he tore it down from a running driving car so that he could 2JZ swap it and do a custom widebody for it. You know what? It isn't done either. Know why? Because HE PUT THE CUSTOMER FIRST.

You won't find any fancy smancy shiny new uber-rare parts on our cars. We haven't splurged. Hell the wheels on the "shop truck" were part of an engine swap deal where the kid really couldn't afford to spend the money but had to have a running car as he couldn't afford the payments on his jeep and was selling it to someone else to take over payments.

Yep sounds like we are the jackass's you make us out to be. My apologies!

Trying to take people's money? Please, they practically begged me not to be so stubborn about it. It isn't my nature to take, I will give and give and give, if nothing else this whole issue with Joe proves that.
Old 08-29-2008, 02:54 AM
Wide Open and Sideways!

Here are pictures of both Branden and MY personal projects, clearly receiving a LOT of attention with parts from other cars and dust stacked on both of them while they sit in the corner of the shop.

Old 08-29-2008, 04:07 AM

Smoking and littering on shop floor eh?
Old 08-29-2008, 04:12 AM

Originally Posted by PussixD10
They should definitely fire themselves for that.
Old 08-29-2008, 04:18 AM
Boom Chackalacka

Originally Posted by PussixD10
LOL! You are a TROLL... admins should ban you, because your usefulness online has taken the same path as your real life... do us all a favor and kill yourself.
Old 08-29-2008, 04:26 AM
They call me Cooter..

Originally Posted by USFslim
...so only people that donated get to post? people are fucking idiots
When the fuck did I say you can only post if you donated? If you don't want to donate then don't. But I guess you dont get that concept. Think about it and get back o me on that one....
Old 08-29-2008, 04:35 AM
Boom Chackalacka

I currently own my own business also which, while it's not an auto shop, gives me a bit more understanding as well.
DOH!!! you aren't pussidx10... let me go read your posts and see if I still think you're an asshole... brb

Last edited by pheobo; 08-29-2008 at 04:37 AM.
Old 08-29-2008, 04:35 AM
banana republic

Originally Posted by flyspyder55
to the guy bitching about donations

"in closing" means your done talking.

and 40k for that car...jesus christ, how in gods name did you get to tampa racing, you obviously dont know too much about car lol.

as far as getting paid double goes... tell you what.. lets take all your income for 4.5 months, and you give it to me to hold. then i'll give you 1500 dollars, and then in 3 months i'll give you your 4.5 months worth of income back.

according to you, this wouldnt be a big deal. so lets do this. put your money where your mouth is.

you just got pwnd by logic
Not really...You see, when I opened MY business, I paid my rent 1 yr in advance just in case something like this happened. Basicly, I PREPARED for hard times. I saw them already, but I made it through them too. So I have ALREADY been there and done that AND, I made it through them WITHOUT having to beg for money from others. It's called having a business plan and STICKING TO IT. You don't use monoey earmarked for something else. It is just bad business sense to do that.

Actually if you read the statutes I am only entitled to what I am owed on the car. If the car sells for more then that I am LEGALLY required to give it to the finance company.

NO EXTRA PROFIT for me! So apparently you DON'T have a reason to have a problem any more.
Anything you get from these "donations" is pure profit for you. I wasn't even talking about the car selling for more than the $16,000. I was talking about the money that you've made from these "donations".

If you want no more responses from me, all you have to do is quit trying to justify the fact that you are taking money for nothing, because thats exactly what you are doing.

Originally Posted by rotarykidd
maybe i just like rainbows and puke, who says it has to be a gay thing?