General Car Chat Talk about cars in general. All makes and models - strictly car discussion.

ATTN: Joe Dono AKA SCP_Celica SCAMMER

Old 08-30-2008, 06:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by importguy1208
Yeah too bad you can't read or you would know that no money was being exchanged over paypal for the raffle.
Yes it was. I know that raffle ticket purchase was being offered on that facebook group just until around when I made the post you responded to with the payment address being the same as that of "donation address".

Perhaps you were not the one operating it, but whoever operating it was offering it.

The offer had been removed, but I think the unlawful game of chance had already taken place.

This comment remains,
"
Kevin Adamson (Vancouver, BC) wrote
at 3:35pm on August 18th, 2008
Hey Guys, pheobo from tamparacing.com is raffling off 2 custom made 2JZ upper timing belt covers. Tix are onl$10 and there are 2 to be won. Check out the event I posted or the thread on TR for more info."
Old 08-30-2008, 06:50 PM
Wide Open and Sideways!

Originally Posted by PussixD10
Yes it was. I know that raffle ticket purchase was being offered on that facebook group just until around when I made the post you responded to with the payment address being the same as that of "donation address".

Perhaps you were not the one operating it, but whoever operating it was offering it.

The offer had been removed, but I think the unlawful game of chance had already taken place.

This comment remains,
"
Kevin Adamson (Vancouver, BC) wrote
at 3:35pm on August 18th, 2008
Hey Guys, pheobo from tamparacing.com is raffling off 2 custom made 2JZ upper timing belt covers. Tix are onl$10 and there are 2 to be won. Check out the event I posted or the thread on TR for more info."
Funny I don't see a link anywhere in that comment stating that tickets could be purchased online or by sending payment to any paypal address. And I have a message from Pheobo that he sent me stating very clearly that he was ONLY going to sell tickets at the event and require that people be present to attend.

So IF there was a link on the facebook page it was not with Pheobo's approval.

Now how about you go pound sand somewhere else!
Old 08-30-2008, 07:05 PM
Banned

fuck you.... fuck your palpay... and fuck everyone else...... joe donno made a fool out of you... LOSER.
Old 08-30-2008, 07:05 PM
Banned

and fuck joe too fucking scum bag piece of shit
Old 08-30-2008, 07:34 PM
Rock on!

Originally Posted by NiGHT-RIDER
fuck you.... fuck your palpay... and fuck everyone else...... joe donno made a fool out of you... LOSER.
see, this is what happens when you don't take your meds.

Old 08-30-2008, 11:09 PM

Originally Posted by NiGHT-RIDER
and fuck joe too fucking scum bag piece of shit

lmfao.. what is wrong with this guy? Is there anyway we can petition to ban people that arent posting anything of significance?
Old 08-31-2008, 09:06 AM

correct me if i'm wrong but isnt charity gambling legal? weve got a place with a bunch of slot machines here in ocala and its for charity. slots arent normally legal in florida

86.5 toyota supra- 1jz never to be finished
01 mitsu eclipse v6 5mt chick car daily
98 honda accord ex- h22 swapped daily driver
Old 08-31-2008, 09:32 AM

Originally Posted by flyspyder55
correct me if i'm wrong but isnt charity gambling legal? weve got a place with a bunch of slot machines here in ocala and its for charity. slots arent normally legal in florida
The concern that people have is that JapWorks is likely a for-profit entity. They could get themselves in a lot of shit by running gambling "games". The exception would be if they made a disclaimer of something along the lines, "20% of proceeds from this will be directly donated to whatever charity". Granted, it'd still be gray area, but they'd be less likely to get fucked. If they really want to raffle things off, they should talk to a lawyer, to make sure they don't get fucked by the legal system, or lack thereof, depending on who you're talking to.

Old 08-31-2008, 02:15 PM
97 gt

Originally Posted by AP1VtecBeast
lmfao.. what is wrong with this guy? Is there anyway we can petition to ban people that arent posting anything of significance?
All e-thugs have is the intrawebs. They feed their own insecurities by harassing others and creating something from nothing. I think they do this because someday they hope to be something and yet they are willing do do nothing, except maybe type.
Old 08-31-2008, 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by flyspyder55
correct me if i'm wrong but isnt charity gambling legal?
Yes, I believe it is as far as I can tell. I'm not a lawyer. I know that JAPWorks is not a 501(c) NPO though. You're not Goodwill, Red Cross, ACS or the like.

So, giving to JAPWorks is no more "charitable" than giving to Wal-Mart to help with their remodel funds.

weve got a place with a bunch of slot machines here in ocala and its for charity. slots arent normally legal in florida
Statutes & Constitution :View Statutes : flsenate.gov

Originally Posted by AmishMethLab
The concern that people have is that JapWorks is likely a for-profit entity. They could get themselves in a lot of shit by running gambling "games".
Would it make it okay if they get away with it? Doing whatever we can get away with is different from doing what's legal

Would it make what Joe did okay if he got away with a lot of them?

Two wrongs don't make it right. Being scammed still don't make it lawful to run a raffle intended to benefit an entity that's not legally permitted to be a beneficiary.

Last edited by PussixD10; 08-31-2008 at 02:37 PM.