General Car Chat Talk about cars in general. All makes and models - strictly car discussion.

ATTN: Joe Dono AKA SCP_Celica SCAMMER

Old 10-11-2008, 07:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The funny thing is, from what i can tell, he never even bothered to either A. explain his side of the story. OR B. appologize to the world for being such a pile of shit. You would think if you wanted to retain a slight shred of dignity, you either find the money, or make a public appology. Apparently he wants to have SCAMMER written on his tombstone.

I could be wrong, but since search option is disabled, there's no way to know for sure, if he has tried to come clean.
Old 10-11-2008, 10:50 PM
Do not fear me gypsy

he hasn't and wont.

Free NoComply540!!!
Old 10-12-2008, 12:28 AM

Originally Posted by ChristiMarie
So look what I found today.

Urban Dictionary: joe dono

1. Joe Dono
A piece of shit scammer that has a shop do 16k worth of work to his moms Celica, and when its time to pay up, he says he doesnt have the money and has his girlfriend try to do a $60 down payment. After that fails he asks the shop to park outside so he could steal it. After THAT fails he calls the cops and says they beat him up and ran him over, where they promptly tell him to pound sand..

Joe Dono: Hey I cant pay for the car but could you park it out front please?

JapWorks: No go fuck yourself
joe dono scammer scam piece of shit douchebag
by Tamparacing Oct 9, 2008 share this add comment
I voted for it haha
Old 10-15-2008, 08:06 AM

Originally Posted by importguy1208
We have been in contact with both the finance company and the recovery agency that they finance company hired. Basically the finance company wants the car back and has had us provide them with what documentation we have.

Once they verify everything that we say was done actually was done, the finance company will write a check, the recovery company will pick the check up, bring it to us, allow us to verify funds, and then we will release the car to the recovery company. At which time we can all go back to our normal lifes.
I (like much of the world) have been following this thread with interest on and off, and while I certainly agree with Mr. Dono is (being polite here) in need of some character growth -- something here strikes me as fishy.

I don't see how a finance company that is owed at most 5 or 6 grand for a car would write a 16 thousand dollar check to recover it -- especially on a custom car in today's economy where they could easily never recover their initial investment. The old adage that "it's always cheaper to buy someone else's restoration than to do it yourself" holds especially true these days.

There are three sides to every story...yours, his, and the truth. I wonder how divergent the truth is from the two sides presented so far.
Old 10-15-2008, 09:54 AM

Well, honestly there is only one truth, and that truth is.. That JOE DONO is a useless pile of shit, that needs to learn how the world works, and learn that once a scammer, dies a scammer... Everything else is irrelevant.
Old 10-15-2008, 10:54 AM
Wide Open and Sideways!

Originally Posted by SRFguy
I (like much of the world) have been following this thread with interest on and off, and while I certainly agree with Mr. Dono is (being polite here) in need of some character growth -- something here strikes me as fishy.

I don't see how a finance company that is owed at most 5 or 6 grand for a car would write a 16 thousand dollar check to recover it -- especially on a custom car in today's economy where they could easily never recover their initial investment. The old adage that "it's always cheaper to buy someone else's restoration than to do it yourself" holds especially true these days.

There are three sides to every story...yours, his, and the truth. I wonder how divergent the truth is from the two sides presented so far.
Believe what you will. Part of the issue here is that there is still $16,000 owed in financing on the car. So either they take a loss on the financing portion and hand the car over, or they cut a check for just over $15K and get the car back to resell.

Either way a recovery agent is coming to look at the car and verify all the work was done that was billed and after that it should go relatively quick.

If any of you big ballers out there are so inclined please feel free to bid on my GTO. Link in signature!
Old 10-16-2008, 09:45 AM
Awesome User

I'm willing to bet that whoever buys it will probably get confronted by Joe eventually. The car is quite well-known...
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

-R. J. Wiedemann Lt Col. USMC Ret.
Old 10-16-2008, 10:01 AM
S/C'ed C/F Connoisseur

get it repainted and new kit and he wont know

Old 10-16-2008, 10:51 AM
Awesome User

With all due respect, I wonder if JapWorks would do it...
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

-R. J. Wiedemann Lt Col. USMC Ret.
Old 10-16-2008, 09:12 PM

from the sounds of things, he is a pussy, and wont confront anyone.. He'll probably wish he wasnt a fuck up, that way it could have been his.