General Car Chat Talk about cars in general. All makes and models - strictly car discussion.

ATTN: Joe Dono AKA SCP_Celica SCAMMER

Old 10-16-2008, 09:13 PM
Wide Open and Sideways!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Cornwalace

With all due respect, I wonder if JapWorks would do it...
Sure thing, just let me know how much your grandfather is going to pay me after the job is done!
Old 10-17-2008, 08:56 AM

Default Crappy job.

Sorry, I can't really feel for you. I've been watching this thread evolve since the beginning, but once I started reviewing the pictures of the work you did it's pretty pathetic.

The work is substandard. The paint job is hideous, and I don't think you have the chops for business. My advice, sell the car if you can take the money and go back to school. Find a career you're good at because working on cars is not your thing.

Good luck.
Old 10-17-2008, 09:44 AM
oneslowwrx

^ I think this may be Joe Dono
Old 10-17-2008, 12:50 PM
Wide Open and Sideways!

Originally Posted by exgllo
Sorry, I can't really feel for you. I've been watching this thread evolve since the beginning, but once I started reviewing the pictures of the work you did it's pretty pathetic.

The work is substandard. The paint job is hideous, and I don't think you have the chops for business. My advice, sell the car if you can take the money and go back to school. Find a career you're good at because working on cars is not your thing.

Good luck.
Ha thanks for your opinion but I know I do top notch work. I've had several cars that I've worked on be in magazines and win car shows all over the nation.

And what is your background that you are able to judge the quality of my work?
Old 10-17-2008, 08:05 PM

Originally Posted by importguy1208
Ha thanks for your opinion but I know I do top notch work. I've had several cars that I've worked on be in magazines and win car shows all over the nation.

And what is your background that you are able to judge the quality of my work?

Did you sell the GTO?

Nice talking to you the other night. Hope things continue to work themselves out.
Old 10-18-2008, 02:50 AM

Originally Posted by exgllo

Good luck.

Next time you get a chance post a bit more before you make this thread the first thread you post in assjack..
Old 10-18-2008, 07:07 PM

Originally Posted by importguy1208
Believe what you will. Part of the issue here is that there is still $16,000 owed in financing on the car. So either they take a loss on the financing portion and hand the car over, or they cut a check for just over $15K and get the car back to resell.
I'll chose to believe it when you put up an image of a check from the bank for that kind of money.

The odds of a bank wanting to own a $31,000 dollar Celica and wanting to sell it are pretty thin. You can't wholesale a custom car effectively; the story is entirely in the quality -- and taste -- of the work. No dealer wants it -- it's worth virtually zero.

Now if you'd said they were going to pay you commission to sell it for as much as possible...that would have almost been believable.
Old 10-18-2008, 07:53 PM
I Haz Vtec.

Anyone wanna fill me in on what happpend ?? I havent been in this thread in months.

TR Guido crew member # 2

Originally Posted by Na306StAnG
If those girls pass by one more time im gonna go get my chloroform supersoaker.
Old 10-18-2008, 11:03 PM
Wide Open and Sideways!

Originally Posted by SRFguy
I'll chose to believe it when you put up an image of a check from the bank for that kind of money.

The odds of a bank wanting to own a $31,000 dollar Celica and wanting to sell it are pretty thin. You can't wholesale a custom car effectively; the story is entirely in the quality -- and taste -- of the work. No dealer wants it -- it's worth virtually zero.

Now if you'd said they were going to pay you commission to sell it for as much as possible...that would have almost been believable.
My mistake. I forgot you were an expert in this field and that you were the one dealing with the finance company.

Geez, what was I thinking?
Old 10-18-2008, 11:12 PM
Bone Stock

I love how there are people attacking Jap Works, but they have 1 or 2 posts and they just joined in sept. of 08.. coincidence...?

03 Cobra Vert: Whipple, Lt's, H-pipe, SRA, 325 MT Dr's, more bolt-on's - Weekend Beater

88 Mustang Coupe: Gutted - Project