General Car Chat Talk about cars in general. All makes and models - strictly car discussion.

ATTN: Joe Dono AKA SCP_Celica SCAMMER

Old 08-11-2008, 08:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by michaelsevilla
I was sort of thinking the same thing but the car isn't under his name as well sir. How will that fair out??

Now that's something I would have to look into.. I am thinking that he will be footed the bill (the judgment placed against him) and the property released to the registered owner.. But that's if she plays the tune of "I didn't know he was taking my car to a shop to get fixed" Which i know she cannot do know since she has admitted that he was only suppose to get a little work done. This is interesting to me and as Ive said I'm not to familiar with civil matters.. I'm going off things Ive seen or read on in the past... I may be wayyy off.
Old 08-11-2008, 08:22 PM
Balut Delivery EF1

Originally Posted by TheLawyer
Now that's something I would have to look into.. I am thinking that he will be footed the bill (the judgment placed against him) and the property released to the registered owner.. But that's if she plays the tune of "I didn't know he was taking my car to a shop to get fixed" Which i know she cannot do know since she has admitted that he was only suppose to get a little work done. This is interesting to me and as Ive said I'm not to familiar with civil matters.. I'm going off things Ive seen or read on in the past... I may be wayyy off.
That was the same thing I was wondering about. How will a Mechanics Lein work out if the car is on the verge of getting repo'd?
Old 08-11-2008, 08:22 PM

yeah I hear you man. Dude that sucks.....I hope the shop gets their money .

Personally IMHO, I think the shop will get money, but I dunno how much. And I strongly think that kid will get his car back and guess what... he's going to jail while his mom has a hooked up ride. Most likely I think she is going to tell the truth and thats that he told her he was bringing it to the shop to get somework done to it but not sure how much. And I think thats how it will be played....
Old 08-11-2008, 08:29 PM

oh btw this topic has made me very skeptical about buying/trying to buy things from the internet.. I'll just make sure to avoid everyone who's name is joe lol
Old 08-11-2008, 08:50 PM
This my title

What is Joe's AIM name ?
Old 08-11-2008, 08:58 PM
Wide Open and Sideways!

Originally Posted by slo_94_civic
The bank will get there money first you wont be getting anything.
WRONG! Look it up, a Mechanic's Lien takes precedent over all other leins. The bank basically can either pay the bill on the car and tack it onto what Joe's mother owes or they can write the car off, in which case it will be mine to do with as I see fit.
Old 08-11-2008, 09:00 PM
Wide Open and Sideways!

Originally Posted by omgwtfbbq!
You seem to be under the impression that this kid showed up and just asked for $17,000 worth of work to be done. He didn't, originally it was a simple paintjob. Over time the job slowly escalated to reach the level it was when the car was finished.
Thank you for having a brain inside your head. Most people just assume he rolled in and wanted everything done all at once.

Was it a mistake to keep going? Yes. Were there some red flags? Yes. Can this kid talk like no tomorrow? Yes.

All in all I did screw up but no where near where this kid has and now he is going to pay for it.
Old 08-11-2008, 09:03 PM

wow so yall find out the final ruling friday??!?!? man I wanna see that I hope the mods don't close this thread, this is the hottest thing since that idiot kid in canada stole a skyline from a dealership and tried to tell the police it was his!
Old 08-11-2008, 09:11 PM

Originally Posted by shaggy1981
What is Joe's AIM name ?
Previous IM SNs:

oohsnapitsjoey
RoyaIcask
YellowRolla84
Old 08-11-2008, 09:11 PM
Wide Open and Sideways!

Originally Posted by michaelsevilla
wow so yall find out the final ruling friday??!?!? man I wanna see that I hope the mods don't close this thread, this is the hottest thing since that idiot kid in canada stole a skyline from a dealership and tried to tell the police it was his!
I was at the court house for half the day today. There is no case that's been filed. The other half the day I had both the Police Department and the Sheriff's Department here and BOTH of them said that Joe's MOTHER would need to file a local affidavit in order for the car to be removed. I was told this could take WEEKS to go through.

I don't know where the Friday thing came up from but it wasn't from me. Joe is trying to play the intimidation factor and it isn't working. He called me tonight and told me I had better be prepared to release the car at 11:00 AM tomorrow or an arrest warrant would be issued for me.

I never received a call from any form of law enforcement but somehow I am supposed to believe that little Joe Dono made the courts drop everything and just handle his case.

RIGHT!!!