General Car Chat Talk about cars in general. All makes and models - strictly car discussion.

ATTN: Joe Dono AKA SCP_Celica SCAMMER

Old 08-11-2008, 10:59 PM
I race sailboats

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I dont think he can implement a retroactive storage policy, but he certainly can charge him anything he wants for the time the car sits at the shop now. Just throw up a sign in the shop that says "A storage fee of $___ per day will be applied to any car left at the shop, effective 24 hours after customer notification that the vehicle is ready to be picked up."

Every shop I've delt with has similar policies.

BLACK FENDER PART OUT
Old 08-11-2008, 11:03 PM
Balut Delivery EF1

Originally Posted by omgwtfbbq!
Wow, i can't believe no one came up with a F&F reference before now.

Yall are slackin!
actually it did sound like it...
importguy: what are you smiling about?
SCP_Celica: ...dude, I almost had you!.
importguy: almost had me? you never had your car!!

that was dead on!!
Old 08-11-2008, 11:22 PM

Originally Posted by omgwtfbbq!
I dont think he can implement a retroactive storage policy, but he certainly can charge him anything he wants for the time the car sits at the shop now. Just throw up a sign in the shop that says "A storage fee of $___ per day will be applied to any car left at the shop, effective 24 hours after customer notification that the vehicle is ready to be picked up."

Every shop I've delt with has similar policies.

Hold on one second I remember reading somewhere in this thread where the kid admits the car has been being worked on for close to 6 months..... How is he going to explain that to a judge.... Simple paint job should take no more than 1 week.. I think this shop is actually going to own this.. Thats where u can prove his intentions.. He is saying now that he never authorized it yet he leaves his car there to be worked on for close to 6 months..?? no no no looks like we got a winner.. If that's his defense I say get this into court ASAP sooner the better.. From the day you completed the car is the day u should apply the storage fee... Im sure u already had a stroage fee notice up anyway *cough*
Old 08-11-2008, 11:37 PM
S/C'ed C/F Connoisseur

i know ive seen that storage fee sign for any cars that are completed but not picked up/paid for. id see what other shops policies are for storage costs and also what impound lots charge for storage to get the reasonable fee. dont want to overcharge anyone here

Old 08-11-2008, 11:48 PM

Originally Posted by hombredelassrtas
i know ive seen that storage fee sign for any cars that are completed but not picked up/paid for. id see what other shops policies are for storage costs and also what impound lots charge for storage to get the reasonable fee. dont want to overcharge anyone here

Totally agree with you.. I'm sure there rates that are posted are reasonable anyway but never hurts to check on the current average rate.. I heard it fluctuates depending on season lmao
Old 08-11-2008, 11:59 PM
the 1 N only

i think it is like 5000 a day... so you should just charge him 2500 a day to be nice
Old 08-12-2008, 12:07 AM

This thread was the best read I've had in a while!

Was linked at GMFS (Welcome to your #1 Resource for Fullsize GM trucks! - GMFullsize.com)
Hilarious!

Hope he gets what he has coming!

Old 08-12-2008, 12:16 AM
Custom is as Custom does

Thumbs up Emar - Nida - Tone - Ncm - Orly - Ftbo - Jest

Hi gang -

Skeeter here from GMFS like Jookon. We all know this has reached Epic status, we had a character there did similar things.

Do you have a Paypal acct setup for legal donations? I'd love to see this kid hammered (and hammered and hammered) into a pulp via our friendly government. If so, PM me and I'll zip some cash your way. Seriously.

Bury this loser.

GMFS > FSC :imo
Old 08-12-2008, 12:29 AM
Mechanical Engineer

^^^
man, i love seeing fellow people from the car community coming out to get back at the scammers

hammer the scammers!!!!!!

Mechanical Engineer - Naval Surface Warfare Center PCD, Marine Corps. Counter IED Development

USF Formula and Baja racing Alumni/Consultant
Old 08-12-2008, 12:34 AM
is for doing this

omg i started reading this at 12:30........

best thread... i would say hope everything goes in your favor.... but we all know it will so.... the only hopeing im going to say is "hope you get your money and his mom is well"

maybe you should do some kind of donation thing and give the car to charity... or his brother

just a thought