General Car Chat Talk about cars in general. All makes and models - strictly car discussion.

ATTN: Joe Dono AKA SCP_Celica SCAMMER

Old 08-12-2008, 01:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Another GMFSer here...

Best of luck to you importguy1208, and very nice work. Curious to know if (legally) another outcome would be keeping the car as a shop/show car if it cannot be sold due to the multiple liens? It nicely explains two points about your shop: 1.) We do bad ass work. 2.) We require payment for it.

My personal favorite bit of this thread is Joe's assumption that the judge is simply going to look at the lack of a perfectly executed work order and assume that if there is none, that Joe is not liable. That's just plain not how the legal system works. And yes, previous behavior of both parties is very much relevant to the outcome.

And finally to Joe, you *really* might want to think about taking action to correct this matter properly and issuing an apology. If you do not, this is literally going to follow you around for the rest of your life. This thread is being linked to all across the internet. When employers or people who are interested in doing business with you run a quick Google search of "Joe Dono", this will be hit #1.

If you don't believe me, click this link today, and then in a few years:
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...=Google+Search

Last edited by endo; 08-12-2008 at 01:12 AM. Reason: Fixed name.
Old 08-12-2008, 01:19 AM
Ecotec y0!

hahaha top google search ftw!
Old 08-12-2008, 01:46 AM
formerly 'RiceRocket'

STORAGE FEES! What a novel Idea! Shot, why didn't I think of that? oh, I did, on what is now page 10.

don't go to crazy, as it will appear you are trying to complicate matters, but $100+ day sounds good for "inside storage". You wouldn't want to park it outside, would you???

Charles

1953 Cadillac Coupe De Ville (Fuel Injected, Drive-by-wire, DoD)
2009 Pontiac G8 GT (6.0l V8 Sleeper)
2011 Toyota Sequoia Sport 4x4 (Tow Rig)
My Blog: www.HotRodCaddy.com
Old 08-12-2008, 03:12 AM
TR Balla Donor Supreme

Added this to digg, digg it if you have an account.

Digg - Guy gets $16K work done on car, tries to SCAM shop.
Old 08-12-2008, 03:31 AM
Luke Afb, Az

I put the word out on Homemadeturbo, i think they will find this pretty funny. O, storage fee FTW!!!
Old 08-12-2008, 03:40 AM
do not touch mine

Sorry to hear about all the useless work..Should have got a large down payment or something first though. You shouldn't trust a kid who wants $16,000 dollars worth of work without some kind of proof of funds or pre-payment. Anyways, Good luck with the sale.
Old 08-12-2008, 04:09 AM
Your iron willed fuck up.

Originally Posted by Skeeter
Do you have a Paypal acct setup for legal donations? I'd love to see this kid hammered (and hammered and hammered) into a pulp via our friendly government.

GMFS > FSC :imo

I wouldn't mind throwing a few bucks in for legal fee's to see this asshole in jail.

Originally Posted by Kurt Vonnegut
Like so many Americans, she was trying to construct a life that made sense from things she found in gift shops.
Old 08-12-2008, 04:12 AM
Your iron willed fuck up.

Originally Posted by bryan
Sorry to hear about all the useless work..Should have got a large down payment or something first though. You shouldn't trust a kid who wants $16,000 dollars worth of work without some kind of proof of funds or pre-payment. Anyways, Good luck with the sale.
He didn't walk into the shop and ask for 16K worth of work. (From what I've read)He put a small down payment on THE ORIGINAL JOB (paintjob was it?) and kept coming back and slowly wanting more work done.

To the original poster/owner of the shop.

It sucks that your generosity was taken advantage of.

Originally Posted by Kurt Vonnegut
Like so many Americans, she was trying to construct a life that made sense from things she found in gift shops.
Old 08-12-2008, 05:08 AM
EFI Tech/Tuner

Originally Posted by importguy1208
I was at the court house for half the day today. There is no case that's been filed. The other half the day I had both the Police Department and the Sheriff's Department here and BOTH of them said that Joe's MOTHER would need to file a local affidavit in order for the car to be removed. I was told this could take WEEKS to go through.

I don't know where the Friday thing came up from but it wasn't from me. Joe is trying to play the intimidation factor and it isn't working. He called me tonight and told me I had better be prepared to release the car at 11:00 AM tomorrow or an arrest warrant would be issued for me.

I never received a call from any form of law enforcement but somehow I am supposed to believe that little Joe Dono made the courts drop everything and just handle his case.

RIGHT!!!
I called it!!! I knew there was NO WAY he was able to do the needed things that fast.... I just knew it. I know how slow the courts work and the state for that matter and was almost 100% sure all he was trying to do was scare you into releasing the car. Like I said Aaron, stick to your guns and make sure from here on out you have EVERYTHING in order and on paper, this way if it does come down to a judgement you will have all your ducks in a row, and all he will have is his chest of LIES!!
EFI-101 Certified
(941)628-4988

Last edited by Blown99civicSi; 08-12-2008 at 05:12 AM.
Old 08-12-2008, 05:35 AM
i love girls

Originally Posted by Blown99civicSi
I called it!!! I knew there was NO WAY he was able to do the needed things that fast.... I just knew it. I know how slow the courts work and the state for that matter and was almost 100% sure all he was trying to do was scare you into releasing the car. Like I said Aaron, stick to your guns and make sure from here on out you have EVERYTHING in order and on paper, this way if it does come down to a judgement you will have all your ducks in a row, and all he will have is his chest of LIES!!
LOL on friday he probably roll up with some fake cops in some party city outfit trying to intimidate the shop owner

Jst4shw store: HID's-LED's-LUGNUT's-STICKER's-JDM GOODIES's

Like us on facebook