General Car Chat Talk about cars in general. All makes and models - strictly car discussion.

ATTN: Joe Dono AKA SCP_Celica SCAMMER

Old 08-12-2008, 11:21 AM
Ill f@cking end you!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

276 People Viewing the thread. Thats awesome.

Ricer: From the latin word Ricarius meaning to suck at everything you attempt!

AIM = donkeyk1989
XBOX Gamertag = DK1989
Myspace.com/donkey_kong1989

DK for Mod since people care

Parris Island here I come =D!
Old 08-12-2008, 11:21 AM
GLI
Driver Found

Greetings from:
Memphisracingscene.com
Memphisofftopic.com
TNDubs.com
Vwvortex.com

Glad to see this little scumbag is getting what he deserves. Best of luck to Importguy. I'll have to make it a point to swing by the shop next time I'm in town visiting the family.
Old 08-12-2008, 11:24 AM
///

^ Welcome.

I'm so proud of TR. I never thought we would have one of these epic owned threads.
Old 08-12-2008, 11:26 AM
Super Dooooty

Originally Posted by kaluwa
^ Welcome.

I'm so proud of TR. I never thought we would have one of these epic owned threads.
+1 to that.

i think this has reached the level or passed the level of that audi with the parking wheel locks lol.

|------------------------------| ||
|....Overnight Parts From Japan....||'|";,__
|_..._...______________======| |_|_|...,]
"(@)'(@)''''''''''''''''''''''' '''''''''*|(@)(@)** **"(@)
Old 08-12-2008, 11:27 AM

Originally Posted by BosnianLanos
Oh My Holy GAWD. I just spent my entire lunch break reading this Thread of LEGEND. Yes, first to last post. And I will chime in with my oh-so-worthless opinion. But here it is.

No, I'm not a lawyer, but I have read me a law book or two in my day, and I must say that Joe Dono...you're SOL.

You have entered into the vague and dangerous world of what we call the "Verbal Contract". It's not written anywhere and is open to interpretation and in an open court, with even arguments, the best lawyer usual gets it, but sorry, Joe...you don't have an even argument. You have NO argument. Much less a good lawyer.

Understand the fact that you left the Celica in the care of the OP for 6 months. To the judge, this will be the deciding factor. If there were no agreement, verbal or written, then why did you do that? Furthermore, if you attempt to squeal your way out of this, the judge can subpoena your bank records, which will indicate that upon entering the verbal contract you had absolutely no means of paying for the work. If you argue that your grandfather or mother would have paid (which is a hollow argument, because if they could pay, we wouldn't be here) they will subpoena them too. If they said they would have paid, their bank records would also be brought to trial, and if they were lying (insufficient funds) they could be tried for perjury. DO NOT PUT YOUR MOTHER THROUGH THAT YOU RAT BASTARD.

Ahem. Cliff Notes, your case will not stand up in court. You have no argument. It was your own responsibility to track the progress of the car and immediately put a stop to work that you could not afford. Failure to visit is your own. Add to that a whole slew of character witnesses attesting that you are scum, and the judge will GLADY award the case to the OP.

HOWEVER, the OP is right in saying that in order to combat a mechanic's lien you have to put forth a bond equal in value to the amount of money in dispute. That means your mother would have to get a loan for $16,000 in order to even take the case to court. If you win, car and money are yours, if you lose (you'll lose, read above) the $16,000 will go to the OP and you'll get your car back good as new. The only problem is that you'll now have put your mother in debt $16,000, and she'll have to continue making payments on the Celica. Your mom could also say that you didn't have permission to touch her car, and then you could be tried for grand theft.

That's basically what I said last night with a few added points.. Nicely said.. Although grand theft would be complicated to prove since I'm sure hes had tickets before in this car and also drives the car on a regular basis from my understanding.. I don't even think mom could pull that one off to get out of this debt.
Old 08-12-2008, 11:34 AM

Watch this thread show up on CNN.. I can see it now... "Street racing Kid takes moms car to get 16k worth of car modifications and then tries to scam the shop"

Last edited by TheLawyer; 08-12-2008 at 11:36 AM.
Old 08-12-2008, 11:34 AM
Scissor Me Timbers!

I <3 tr
Old 08-12-2008, 11:36 AM
No more Vtec!

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 307 (26 members and 281 guests)...i know mods said not to do this but its just past my knowledge of comprehension right now with 300+ viewers!!! EPIC!!!! TR needs to hire a camera crew to follow Joe Douchebag around and catch him getting arrested for this as well as numerous counts of copyright infringement (see other thread in P&G). Also, anybody notify Baynews9 or other networks about this yet? I bet its def nes worthy!!! I remember in NY they always had a segment on the news about "Shame on you" with their own little catchy song...it would be classic!!!

this song fits perfect!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7xWyiIb8e8

Last edited by HaZed; 08-12-2008 at 11:38 AM.
Old 08-12-2008, 11:36 AM
is for doing this

so what do you think is going through the D-bags head right now..... i hope it's suicide... because lets say that we live in donoland and joe gets everything he wants.. who is he ever going to get sying wow nice car.. or damm your so cool joe i wish i was you...

+1 for the donating a buck... i say get this rolling
Old 08-12-2008, 11:43 AM
OG Join Date: 6-15-00

Originally Posted by Sabotage
thats why when someone else obtains possession of the infamous joe dono celica, it needs to be announced so that a.) people know its not his anymore and it doesnt get random keyings and tire slashings and b.) if anyone sees joe dono in the vicinity of said celica, they'll kickc his ass! ......wait, can a car get a restraining order on a person? hmmmmm
Seriously, if I had the cash, I would buy it and give it a Viking funeral. Then, the OP could have the extra income to make Mr. Dunno someone's cigarette girl.

1973 VW Squareback
1979 AMC Jeep Cherokee Chief

RIP Tim