General Car Chat Talk about cars in general. All makes and models - strictly car discussion.

ATTN: Joe Dono AKA SCP_Celica SCAMMER

Old 08-12-2008, 12:08 PM
Balut Delivery EF1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Skittle
Exactly.

If Joe did delete the thread,I'm sure something like this may be court ordered,and the admin is willing to help out.
Its also in a thread with the black widebody 350Z. The big "Carbon Fiber" overlay argument.
Old 08-12-2008, 12:08 PM
Race Photographer

Originally Posted by Zate
We could take donations and buy it for TR.. lol.. have a big party out in a field and destroy it.
I think it be better to donate to a cars for charity deal so someone he needs a car could use it

"I am and what I do are not a taxable commodity for you to use and abuse" - Me

This is my fuck the government movement

Old 08-12-2008, 12:09 PM
Official Photo Ninja

Posted on EPhatch.com & SFLDrifters.com

Will be on alot more when I get home tonight.

Official Photographer of Festivals of Speed St. Pete, Orlando, & Miami.

Canon 7D..Stepped up my Game
Old 08-12-2008, 12:10 PM
Official Photo Ninja

We could take donations and buy it for TR.. lol.. have a big party out in a field and destroy it.
I LOVE YOUR AUSSIE THINKING!

Official Photographer of Festivals of Speed St. Pete, Orlando, & Miami.

Canon 7D..Stepped up my Game
Old 08-12-2008, 12:16 PM
slash

i like zates idea!
TRick Squad Member #3
VicPrez of IttyBittyTittyCommittee

Old 08-12-2008, 12:16 PM
doowutchyalike

/\ +1 !!!!

(C)lassic (A)merican (P)erformance (R)acing (I)nspired
Old 08-12-2008, 12:18 PM
Scissor Me Timbers!

I am all for this!
Old 08-12-2008, 12:18 PM
they call me baby Jesus

we shall do it office space style!
Old 08-12-2008, 12:19 PM

Its posted on:

ExpertLaw Forums - Kid tries to scam Tampa, FL shop $16k

Last edited by TheLawyer; 08-12-2008 at 12:30 PM.
Old 08-12-2008, 12:19 PM

To the shop owner I would like to say I would gladly donate to a defense fund if it gets to that point. I’m sure many others feel this way. We could raise a lot of $ to give this kid what he deserves.

I would also like to say I am very sorry for his mom and impressed with his brother. His mom has to deal with the disappointment of a son who is a criminal, which is tough on a parent. She also has to deal with many of the financial ramifications. His brother seems to know the difference between right and wrong. I encourage everyone to be friendly and helpful to him. I also wish to warn his brother of identity theft. Joe has been shown to be selfish and have no regard for people including your mom. It would not be beyond him to give out your name and SSN if it were advantageous to him. If he has access to all your info he could take out credit lines in your name or worse.

This thread, while entertaining is also sad in many ways. Joe has just ruined his entire life and is too young to recognize it. He has ruined it on not just on a criminal level but on a personal one. I have had friends who have made much smaller mistakes (not paying back other friends $500) and seen how it hurts them for a very long time. They have a hard time facing anyone who knows about it. Joe’s family and friends have been hurt in a greater way will never forget this. As Joe gets older and wiser he too will have a hard time living with these events. All his scams have come out in the open and he has been shown to be a career scammer. Once you are shown to be a liar and completely untrustworthy you cross a certain line. Even if Joe tries to become a decent human it will negatively affect his relationships with his family and others for the rest of his life. He has lost and abused the trust given to loved ones. In the future these events will always be in the back of people’s minds and likely in the back of Joe’s mind.

You also have to think about it from the automotive standpoint. Joe is obviously very into the car scene, but car enthusiasts are a close knit community. Now most people in automotive circles know about him and even know his face. There are links to this thread from import and domestic sites as well as general news sites like Jalopnik. This thread has reached mythical status in just a few short days and like other similar threads on the internet it will have a long shelf life. While I don’t wish him any physical harm I don’t imagine it will be safe for him to go to a show these days or in the future unless he goes under a different name and changes his appearance. Even if he does get his car back it will be a target for hooliganism and the numerous other scams will haunt him.

Joe, unlike others on here I don’t hate you. I feel very sorry for you. At the tender age of 20 you have ruined your entire life. You have alienated your family and fellow enthusiasts. I really wonder about the future you see for yourself.