General Car Chat Talk about cars in general. All makes and models - strictly car discussion.

ATTN: Joe Dono AKA SCP_Celica SCAMMER

Old 08-12-2008, 12:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Acura123
To the shop owner I would like to say I would gladly donate to a defense fund if it gets to that point. I’m sure many others feel this way. We could raise a lot of $ to give this kid what he deserves.

I would also like to say I am very sorry for his mom and impressed with his brother. His mom has to deal with the disappointment of a son who is a criminal, which is tough on a parent. She also has to deal with many of the financial ramifications. His brother seems to know the difference between right and wrong. I encourage everyone to be friendly and helpful to him. I also wish to warn his brother of identity theft. Joe has been shown to be selfish and have no regard for people including your mom. It would not be beyond him to give out your name and SSN if it were advantageous to him. If he has access to all your info he could take out credit lines in your name or worse.

This thread, while entertaining is also sad in many ways. Joe has just ruined his entire life and is too young to recognize it. He has ruined it on not just on a criminal level but on a personal one. I have had friends who have made much smaller mistakes (not paying back other friends $500) and seen how it hurts them for a very long time. They have a hard time facing anyone who knows about it. Joe’s family and friends have been hurt in a greater way will never forget this. As Joe gets older and wiser he too will have a hard time living with these events. All his scams have come out in the open and he has been shown to be a career scammer. Once you are shown to be a liar and completely untrustworthy you cross a certain line. Even if Joe tries to become a decent human it will negatively affect his relationships with his family and others for the rest of his life. He has lost and abused the trust given to loved ones. In the future these events will always be in the back of people’s minds and likely in the back of Joe’s mind.

You also have to think about it from the automotive standpoint. Joe is obviously very into the car scene, but car enthusiasts are a close knit community. Now most people in automotive circles know about him and even know his face. There are links to this thread from import and domestic sites as well as general news sites like Jalopnik. This thread has reached mythical status in just a few short days and like other similar threads on the internet it will have a long shelf life. While I don’t wish him any physical harm I don’t imagine it will be safe for him to go to a show these days or in the future unless he goes under a different name and changes his appearance. Even if he does get his car back it will be a target for hooliganism and the numerous other scams will haunt him.

Joe, unlike others on here I don’t hate you. I feel very sorry for you. At the tender age of 20 you have ruined your entire life. You have alienated your family and fellow enthusiasts. I really wonder about the future you see for yourself.

Old 08-12-2008, 12:36 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Skittle
This is it.

edit-Just posted on Offtopic.com
Offtopic.com
Old 08-12-2008, 12:36 PM
drives 1 loud yota

some1 call 98 rock and tell them to discuss this with the retard over the phone with them on air

[/U]Gamertag: st3veokin3vo ADD ME!!!

[/SIZE][/COLOR]
Originally Posted by That-away!
Lol sorry didn't really look as good as i thought it did...but theres no need for the smart ass reply bud.

... nvm,I kinda start to expect that stuff from PnR cutomer service...
Old 08-12-2008, 12:38 PM
sohighdude

lol... man this thing is everywhere like someone said early in this thread he is gonna have to move to North Dakota or further..... Alaska anyone?
Old 08-12-2008, 12:39 PM
Official Photo Ninja

LMAO! its getting good!

Official Photographer of Festivals of Speed St. Pete, Orlando, & Miami.

Canon 7D..Stepped up my Game
Old 08-12-2008, 12:41 PM
Donowned

Another GMFullSizer.com member here. Wow, this guy is a real asshat. I hope that everything works out and in some way or another the shop gets its money back. Whether that is through selling the car, parting it out, or by some crazy miracle, the shitbag comes up with the money.

It would also be great if he pays for all the other scams he has done. Would be nice to see him fucked for the laptop scam, the photo theft, not paying for all the photoshop work done for his detail company, etc. He is an all-around ass even if you ignore this whole situation.

I just hope he gets what he deserves. I won't say he should go DIAF or he should be raped or anything like that but he definitely should see some jail time and having his credit ruined would be nice although the mom will feel more hurt in this department since it was technically her car.

I'll keep an eye on this thread, I'm eager to see the outcome. Goodluck importguy!

Howardforums.com checking in

HowardForums: Your Mobile Phone Community & Resource - Guy gets $16k in car mods, has no money, sends mom to get car
is doing your girlfriend

Originally Posted by steveokinevo
some1 call 98 rock and tell them to discuss this with the retard over the phone with them on air
i think Bubba would be better than 98 rock or MJ, since he is a car guy, and would love to tear this guy up. matter of fact i believe the webmaster for www.btls.com is a member on TF

Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, — That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it
drives 1 loud yota

some1 call him and tell him he should move to alaska.......

[/U]Gamertag: st3veokin3vo ADD ME!!!

[/SIZE][/COLOR]
Originally Posted by That-away!
Lol sorry didn't really look as good as i thought it did...but theres no need for the smart ass reply bud.

... nvm,I kinda start to expect that stuff from PnR cutomer service...
Old 08-12-2008, 12:42 PM
doowutchyalike

Holy shit theres alot of guests joining

everyone

(C)lassic (A)merican (P)erformance (R)acing (I)nspired