General Car Chat Talk about cars in general. All makes and models - strictly car discussion.

ATTN: Joe Dono AKA SCP_Celica SCAMMER

Old 08-12-2008, 08:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What's up guys and girls. After reading most of the thread (and a lot of its links) I can say this: this guy had this coming to him. After ripping off numerous individuals, it seems that he now gets to experience the grief and the headaches that he has put people through. He now gets to know what it feels like to lose a large amount of money that he will probably never get back. Maybe, just maybe he might straighten up his act (if he's not already going to jail) (Sorry if he's already there. Haven't read the last few pages). All I can say is good job TR on giving Joe what he deserves.

By the way, the guys on CB7Tuner.com are also following this.
Old 08-12-2008, 08:13 PM
///

I was bored..

Old 08-12-2008, 08:14 PM

Default The raffle's not a bad idea.

Talk to Joe Dono's mom, see if she's ok with signing the car over, then call the bank, and see if they've got a favorite charity that they'd be willing to take a write-off on the car in favor of.

Then your company and the bank can raffle the car off via the charity, with all net profits going to the charity, you get paid, the bank gets a write-off, the charity gets a nice donation, and the bank and your shop get some kick-ass publicity.

You'll need to run this by an accountant/lawyer to see what the rules/tax laws are, but this might be a way to turn this into a positive.

(It's not like you don't have hundreds of people watching this saga that would be happy to throw down $5-$10 for the cause.)
Old 08-12-2008, 08:15 PM
You Can't Moderate Me.

Old 08-12-2008, 08:17 PM

Joe Dono you a digging your own grave. You might as well give up now. Your name is all over the internet. Your fucked. You just need to pack up and move to Ethiopia where they done have the internet. Everyone knows your face now. I hope everything works out for JAPworks.
Old 08-12-2008, 08:18 PM
Wide Open and Sideways!

Originally Posted by bigvegan
Talk to Joe Dono's mom, see if she's ok with signing the car over, then call the bank, and see if they've got a favorite charity that they'd be willing to take a write-off on the car in favor of.

Then your company and the bank can raffle the car off via the charity, with all net profits going to the charity, you get paid, the bank gets a write-off, the charity gets a nice donation, and the bank and your shop get some kick-ass publicity.

You'll need to run this by an accountant/lawyer to see what the rules/tax laws are, but this might be a way to turn this into a positive.

(It's not like you don't have hundreds of people watching this saga that would be happy to throw down $5-$10 for the cause.)

Yeah I need to get something moving quick because this car was supposed to pay the bills for this month and next month while I worked on the other projects I have and now I don't even have the money to work on the jobs I already have in the shop. So if I can get the finance company to sign off the car to charity I could be set.

Tomorrow I need to figure out what I am doing exactly about a lawyer because I have lots of people that are somewhat qualified and willing to help out but I need to find someone with some experience that can devote themselves to this and is local to me so I can sit down and talk to them about all this.
Old 08-12-2008, 08:20 PM
formerly 'RiceRocket'

Originally Posted by FreudPanda
Why?
Why put the money to good use in OUR OWN COMMUNITY? You seriously have to ask that question?

This is a community board, supported by the TAMPA BAY Community. TR has always supported charities involving Children, and always involving Local charities. We shouldn't stop now.

Would you prefer we support the "friends of Israel Disabled veterans" ?Charity Navigator Rating - Friends of Israel Disabled Veterans
(no offense intended to anybody )

1953 Cadillac Coupe De Ville (Fuel Injected, Drive-by-wire, DoD)
2009 Pontiac G8 GT (6.0l V8 Sleeper)
2011 Toyota Sequoia Sport 4x4 (Tow Rig)
My Blog: www.HotRodCaddy.com
Old 08-12-2008, 08:20 PM
///

Haha look at the last linkback.. This shits posted world wide now!
Old 08-12-2008, 08:25 PM
Alcoholocaust

Originally Posted by _Charles_
Why put the money to good use in OUR OWN COMMUNITY? You seriously have to ask that question?

This is a community board, supported by the TAMPA BAY Community. TR has always supported charities involving Children, and always involving Local charities. We shouldn't stop now.

Would you prefer we support the "friends of Israel Disabled veterans" ?Charity Navigator Rating - Friends of Israel Disabled Veterans
(no offense intended to anybody )
I think you misread. I made the section I was asking why about bold. I have no issue with it helping locally. But, why so insistent on a Children's charity?

a cat born in an oven isn't a cake
Old 08-12-2008, 08:28 PM

Originally Posted by kaluwa
Haha look at the last linkback.. This shits posted world wide now!
I just noticed that. If I was him, I wouldn't get out of bed for the next three months. Then again, if I was him, I wouldn't have gotten myself in this mess, lol.