General Car Chat Talk about cars in general. All makes and models - strictly car discussion.

ATTN: Joe Dono AKA SCP_Celica SCAMMER

Old 08-13-2008, 06:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by importguy1208
Sorry guys all the hits have maxed out my photobucket account. I need to upgrade to a pro account in order to have it opened back-up but don't have the $25 right now.

I did set-up a Paypal account if anyone wants to donate: JAPWorks@aol.com is the paypal payment address!

Sincere thanks go out to everyone who has helped and anyone who will help out no matter how large or small.

FLICKR ACCOUNT HERE! CONTAINS ALL PICTURES

I have been working on Joe Dono's car for approximately 4 1/2 months.

The car was completely redone. Complete repaint including engine bay and pulling all glass and seals, smoothing out the interior panels and two toning them, building a custom sub enclosure and covering it in carbon fiber, custom amp racks and nitrous bottle brackets, carbon overlays on the roof and hatch, turbo install, e-manage install, custom fiberglass center console to mount gauges in, just a lot of work in general.

He showed up to pick his car up yesterday, Saturday August 9th, and was apparently planning on stealing his car without paying for anything.

His mother, who actually is the one financing his car, was under the impression that he had paid for materials and that he had "sponsors" that were paying us to do the labor. She wanted to know why the car was taking so long because Joe had told her it was just getting painted. He barely covered material cost and was promising to bring the very large balance in cash when the car was picked up.

I'm really not sure what was going through his head thinking he was going to get the car completely modified and knowing he has NO money to pay for it.

His girlfriend offered us $60 and wanted to know if we could set-up a payment plan. SERIOUSLY? His bill is close to $16K and he wants a payment plan.

I'm sure plenty of you have either dealt with him or heard about him. He's a detailer by trade but apparently he has no self-worth and has no problem lying and deceiving anyone and everyone.

Please feel free to chime in. His car will be for sale shortly, just need to wait on that mechanic's lien to go through

Dig This
Digg - Guy gets $16K work done on car, tries to SCAM shop.

OK so you're telling us that you did 16k worth of work with NO money down and not collecting funds as progress was made? You my friend are an idiot and just as responsible for this situation as anyone.
Old 08-13-2008, 06:37 AM
Your iron willed fuck up.

Originally Posted by madmikeee
OK so you're telling us that you did 16k worth of work with NO money down and not collecting funds as progress was made? You my friend are an idiot and just as responsible for this situation as anyone.
dude read the thread before posting assumptions

Originally Posted by Kurt Vonnegut
Like so many Americans, she was trying to construct a life that made sense from things she found in gift shops.
Old 08-13-2008, 06:37 AM
Lurk & Snap

I can't even browse nationwide forums without seeing a Joe thread

EPIC FAIL - JDM Universe.com

Last edited by HUGHJASS; 08-13-2008 at 06:40 AM.
Old 08-13-2008, 06:40 AM
Lurk & Snap

Originally Posted by Brandon.
dude read the thread before posting assumptions
^

Old 08-13-2008, 06:44 AM

sent ya $5 importguy, hope it helps. I figured a movie would have cost as much and this has entertained me for awhile so, put it to good use
Old 08-13-2008, 06:45 AM

Originally Posted by alaskanpilot
No no NO!! Don't send this trash up here!

BTW, CorvetteForum checking in! And yes, Alaska has Corvettes! Woohoo!

DIAF joe!

Corvette owning, Alaskan Bush pilot...Ashcraft, is that you?

Toby

BlackDog Racing
BlackDog Speed Shop

Lincolnshire, IL

Old 08-13-2008, 06:51 AM
Your iron willed fuck up.

I'm afraid to leave this thread, because by the next time I come back to it I might have another 20 pages to catch up on.

Originally Posted by Kurt Vonnegut
Like so many Americans, she was trying to construct a life that made sense from things she found in gift shops.
Old 08-13-2008, 06:53 AM

Nice. Checking in from Dieseltowingresource... It only took a few hours to read after skipping 40 pages.
Epic Thread in the making - DieselTowingResource.com

Last edited by louisianarebel; 08-13-2008 at 07:00 AM. Reason: Added link
Old 08-13-2008, 06:54 AM
realer than most

i can't believe how bad the internet hates scammers.. this shit is awesome!
Old 08-13-2008, 07:00 AM

K-series.com checking in

I can't see how the shop is going to lose on this. The point that the lawyer made is what's scary...the actual amount that the shop will get. I'm in agreement that they won't just be given the car and they should start a storage fee to ensure that the car is written off.

Good luck guys, I'll keep checking back.

Steve