General Car Chat Talk about cars in general. All makes and models - strictly car discussion.

Florida Law on exhaust ?

Old 09-26-2001, 08:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any know what the Florida law is on violation of any sort of noise or ordinance from your exhaust? As far as getting a ticket?? I assume there is some sort of maximum DB level ?

I know some of the aftermarket companies that sell kits include a certificate of some type saying they pass but what about if you have a custom setup??

Ive been digging around the web for 30 mins or so now and havent been able to find anything....
Old 09-26-2001, 08:37 PM
AuH20 in '64

I think there is technically a maximum db level allowed...I really dont give a rats ass as is evidenced by my exhaust....

4 inch tips too....

Originally Posted by XYNaPSE
Article I Section 8 gives Congress the power to do whatever Congress deems necessary.
Old 09-26-2001, 08:52 PM

Well I found this

http://www.leg.state.fl.us/Statutes/index.cfm?mode=View%20Statutes&SubMenu=1&App_mode= Display_Statute&Search_String=&URL=CH0316/SEC293.HTM

and this....

http://www.leg.state.fl.us/Statutes/index.cfm?App_mode=Display_Statute&Search_String=& URL=Ch0403/Sec415.htm

so wordy that it is hurting my head to figure these out

Says in one part that sound level needs to be under XX db level then states that it is unlawful to modify exhaust from OEM exhaust. This doesnt make sense to me because if this is true why have a noise limit if everyone is required to keep full factory exhaust??

Am I reading thise wrong :confused:

Old 09-26-2001, 08:54 PM
ALLJDM

Originally posted by "Someone"

Originally posted by SR20DET
Well I found this

http://www.leg.state.fl.us/Statutes/index.cfm?App_mode=Display_Statute&Search_String=& URL=Ch0403/Sec061.htm

and this....

http://www.leg.state.fl.us/Statutes/index.cfm?App_mode=Display_Statute&Search_String=& URL=Ch0403/Sec415.htm

so wordy that it is hurting my head to figure these out

Says in one part that sound level needs to be under XX db level then states that it is unlawful to modify exhaust from OEM exhaust. This doesnt make sense to me because if this is true why have a noise limit if everyone is required to keep full factory exhaust??

Am I reading thise wrong :confused:

wow thanks for the INPUT
TR Notary Crew: #001
--------------
Old 09-27-2001, 12:31 AM

they only say it is not allowed to modify the stock exhaust because if the state was to start doing emmisions test annualy they would have the basis to fine people right from the get go. and it also adds to the fines if you get pulled for your exhaust but it would be easy to fight it because no officers that i know of and this includes fhp carry a DB meter.
Old 09-27-2001, 06:18 AM
Kung Fu Hustler

Damn I know you must be joking. I hope no one has gotten any tickets for exhaust. There are some Harley and Gitter Dun cars out there that would make my N1 sound like a whisper.
John Whizz1800:Mugen =136 ft lbs

AIM: Shinmantis

Quick Reply: Florida Law on exhaust ?