General Car Chat Talk about cars in general. All makes and models - strictly car discussion.

Mitsu Evo VIII

Old 09-16-2002, 04:39 PM
Eat soot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by "Zate"

its the new and improved Pontiac EVO VIII !!
Come on, the 22b was at least worth looking at. I've never been a fan of the front end/lights on the wrx, and the rest of the world seems to agree, Subaru is redesigning it next year due to slow sales around the globe.

But yes, I do agree, the front end is hideous. The looks went downhill after the evo V.
Old 09-16-2002, 04:46 PM
Rod Bearing Eater

Worst part about the front aside from the headlamps is the big ass traingle shaped part in the center of the grill (and I am not talking about the mitsu diamond).
Old 09-17-2002, 06:05 PM
Blingo!?!

the lines on the front fenders look like the same as the EVO VII so maybee a front end swap wont be that tough

20TenProductions "Born to lose and Destined to fail!"
Old 09-20-2002, 10:05 PM
Evoteck

Why ya'll hating!!! I'd still ride the shit out of it!!! I'd rather have the EVO VI, but its better than nothing. The split grill is a normal thing on all new Mitsubushi's. All will have that look (except Eclipse). The headlights will be like the evo VII.

Or an STi cry?
Hehe just kiddin!
Old 09-21-2002, 10:38 AM
Moon Equipped

Originally posted by "Zate"

Originally Posted by TegPenis
the opinions are that it looks like shit(i also share these opinions) but the truth is that it will kill most cars on tr. you have to appreciate it as much as it looks like ass. but seriously the lights have to go. does anyone know the performence? or engine specs?
incorrect..its a mid to low 13 second car.. lots of them on TR..

People here in the US who have never had a specific car (ie the WRX and the EVO.. seem to think they are SOOOO fast.. neither the WRX / STi/ or EVO are THA spectacular in stock trip.. sure.. they are ok.. but i know alot of peopel whothink they are the killers of every thing.. same with the GT..its a low 13 second car stock..

what makes these cars are the great numbers of low 12 high 11 daily driven cars around the world with very little mods on them..

it wont kill most cars on TR.. it will do quite well however.. just dont confuse the EVO we will get here with the EVO in Japan.. like the WRX and STi.. the car we get here will be a shadow of the true car.. expect mid to high 13 seconds from the EVO VIII here.. same with teh STi.. but it wont be too hard to put it back into the 12's.
yea right...so your saying MOST (more than 50%) of the cars on tr are low 13's or better?!? haha keep dreamin buddy. Yea theres plenty of quick cars on tr,but definetly not MOST of the cars on tr. just a select few.